No replies to this topic

#1 TheRussianRocket96

TheRussianRocket96

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I know that most people dont watch this tournament as it happens at the same time as the World Juniors but it is a fantastic tournament that has the future superstars all in one place. This years version has had some spectacular games including an 8-7 OT win from Team Pacific over Team Russia and a few dominant games from Team Ontario. With 2014 and 2015 top prospects like Connor McDavid, Jake Virtanen, Aaron Ekblad, Josh Ho-Sang, William Nylander it has been fantastic to watch and if you get a chance I would recommend it as it is getting to the medal round stages.

Here are a few clips of Jake Virtanen of Team Pacific who after a slow start with the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL in his 16 year old season has been dominant in this tournament of players his own age with 4 goals in 3 games plus a shootout winner. I apologize for not having clips of McDavid etc. but this is all I got.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.