14 replies to this topic

#1 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Anyone else excited for this game? Its coming out March 26th 2013. As a Bioshock fan i definetly can't wait.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

coming out in less than 20 days, anyone else preordered this?

There is also a gigabyte promotion where if you buy 7900 series graphics card you get Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3 for free.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm thinking about picking this game up, although I'm yet to even start Bioshock 2 yet. Based on the dodgy development history, I'd have to wait until others have played the game before I buy it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#4 VintageForever420

VintageForever420

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Actually you can buy it on psn now

#5 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

coming out in less than 20 days, anyone else preordered this?

There is also a gigabyte promotion where if you buy 7900 series graphics card you get Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3 for free.

Theres always a Gigabyte promotion. I bought a 7950 6 months ago and got Crysis 3, sleeping dogs and hitman absolution. I would have gladly traded Crysis 3 for Infinite tho. It looks good.

Posted Image

#6 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

so now that everyone's played it, is it worth the buy? And should I be playing the previous bioshocks first? (heard this ones very different from its previous ones)
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#7 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

so now that everyone's played it, is it worth the buy? And should I be playing the previous bioshocks first? (heard this ones very different from its previous ones)

I wouldn't buy it if I were you. I regret the decision as I know I will not go back to it again. I didn't play the second Bioshock, so I don't think it is necessary to play it first. I would, however, recommend playing the original Bioshock first though. Not only is it a far superior experience than Infinite, but it is indirectly related to this one as well.In fact, I'll sell you my copy for $30. I really won't play it again.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#8 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Don't need to play the other ones (the second ones barely even worth the play in the first place). It's separate from the others at least in most every important aspect. It's not radically different or anything, it's just separate.

Unlike Monty I thought the game was better than the first BioShock, although that game is also brilliant and totally worth playing in it's own right.

Despite the fact that the twists and truths make it seem like the game is simply trying too hard to seem smart, Infinite is still just a fun ride.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#9 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

I loved this game, and the ending was fantastic.

Edit: Although, it did seem like they were trying too hard.

Edited by Alchemy Time, 05 April 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Despite the fact that the twists and truths make it seem like the game is simply trying too hard to seem smart, Infinite is still just a fun ride.

This 110%. My wife actually likes watching some of the games I play and remembers a great deal of them. She remembers the storyline of the first Bioshock 5 years ago. And when she watched the ending to Infinite, the very first thing she said was, "The writers were trying way too hard on this one." It absolutely did not need to be as deep as they were trying to make it. I do applaude them for the effort, trying to make a videogame experience perhaps longer lasting by creating discussion; but in trying too hard, it just didn't have the lasting effect on me that I think they were intending. Some of the best gaming experiences are when the developers leave things open, or pull back a bit and not explain everything (ie: Shadow of Colossus).All in all, I just didn't buy into it. It's not that I don't understand the ending, it's just that I think that the writers made it way more busy than it needed to be.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#11 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,251 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

Don't need to play the other ones (the second ones barely even worth the play in the first place). It's separate from the others at least in most every important aspect. It's not radically different or anything, it's just separate.

Unlike Monty I thought the game was better than the first BioShock, although that game is also brilliant and totally worth playing in it's own right.

Experiencing Rapture probably helped with me taking in Columbia and appreciating its detail and style.

Spoiler

This 110%. My wife actually likes watching some of the games I play and remembers a great deal of them. She remembers the storyline of the first Bioshock 5 years ago. And when she watched the ending to Infinite, the very first thing she said was, "The writers were trying way too hard on this one." It absolutely did not need to be as deep as they were trying to make it. I do applaude them for the effort, trying to make a videogame experience perhaps longer lasting by creating discussion; but in trying too hard, it just didn't have the lasting effect on me that I think they were intending. Some of the best gaming experiences are when the developers leave things open, or pull back a bit and not explain everything (ie: Shadow of Colossus).All in all, I just didn't buy into it. It's not that I don't understand the ending, it's just that I think that the writers made it way more busy than it needed to be.

First of all, I envy your marriage. I had immersed myself into the game because of what I'd heard about the story and about Elizabeth. I had enough of a sense of closure with this game than something like SotC. I mean, I never really got to know the horse, right? :lol:

Skylines and vigors are fun!
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#12 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,986 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm told that you don't need to have played the first two Bioshocks to play this one, but is it worth the $60? I'm only hearing good things about it, but I'm still undecided whether to buy this game or Far Cry 3.
Posted Image

#13 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

I'm told that you don't need to have played the first two Bioshocks to play this one, but is it worth the $60? I'm only hearing good things about it, but I'm still undecided whether to buy this game or Far Cry 3.

FarCry is an open world shooter/stealth game. Bioshock is way more directed and story focused. Both are worth $60 imo, but for different reasons. Definitely don't need to play the first two games in either series to enjoy the new ones.

#14 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,251 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

FarCry is an open world shooter/stealth game. Bioshock is way more directed and story focused. Both are worth $60 imo, but for different reasons. Definitely don't need to play the first two games in either series to enjoy the new ones.

Bioshock 1 is definitely worth playing, and since I'm assuming you've played Infinite, it does reward the BS1 players at an emotional level.
Posted Image

#15 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,251 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Bioshock 1 is definitely worth playing, and since I'm assuming you've played Infinite, it does reward the BS1 players at an emotional level.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.