The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Paparazzo killed by oncoming traffic after photographing Justin Bieber's Ferrari

dudeone

"While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim," Bieber said in a statement.

"Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves."

I honsestly don't know how the obvious criminal nature of the paparazzi have NOT led ot legislation.

Hey, Wet - how do these people skirt around the stalking laws or the fact that they are taking pictures of people who do not want their pictures taken and then selling those pictures? I assumed that the laws were pretty black and white for stalking and photographing "strangers", so how do these people get away with it on such a large scale?

I'm sure the answer is: because there is a lot of money involved in this as an "industry".

I would love to see these people en masse seriously fined or jailed.

I gotta say I'm with Heretic on this one. Freelance photography is an actual job - even if you and I both agree that it's tantamount to stalking.

The fact remains that this guy made a pretty bad error in judgement and died because of it. Nothing poetic or just about it.

I gotta say I'm with Heretic on this one. Freelance photography is an actual job - even if you and I both agree that it's tantamount to stalking.

The fact remains that this guy made a pretty bad error in judgement and died because of it. Nothing poetic or just about it.

Archived