Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

schedule if lockout ends?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

if the lockout does end (cross fingers) does the current set up schedule stay in tact or do they make a new one?
thinking has to stay because many stadiums pre booked for other events, basketball, concerts etc. but does anyone know for sure?
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#2 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Stay the same. All schedules are set for other sports

#3 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Stay the same. All schedules are set for other sports

#4 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Damn double post

#5 YEGCanuck

YEGCanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I thought the NHL would re-do the schedule so that each club would play games against teams within their division. I believe the venues are committed to the league for the duration of the expected regular season regardless of the lock out so that the league can reschedule games into those dates.

#6 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I can't wait for this CBA talk to be over. Hopefully only one more week. All this crap is pointless. Fans just want to know if they are gonna have a season or not already one way or the other.

I would love for them to have a season this year though just to see who wins and how much of a gong-show it will be with players out of shape or coming back from Europe.

The players probably won't want to risk injury because of the stress of travel and a compressed schedule. Here is to hoping the fans boycott the NHL when they come back and send them a real message.

Looking forward to the draft and off-season moves. This team needs major changes.

Needs to get more skilled,physical, faster, younger.

#7 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Rumor has it 7vs division, 2 vs non division, all in conference.

So the two games against eastern teams (WPG, NJD) would need to be changed to western teams, and the rest changed/added accordingly.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#8 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

They make a new one. It has to be more compressed and it has to go longer to get all the games in.

#9 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

I think they will have all the Canadian Teams play one home and one away game against every other Canadian team. but for the most part it will be in conference and in division.

I for one want to see the Canucks spank the Leafs like we do every year.. (its been over 10 years since they've beaten us) :towel:

Edited by John.Tallhouse, 03 January 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

We will mostly play in our division with 1 small east coast road trip 2-4 games. The rest will be made of conference matches so the Canucks can actually have a somewhat easier travel schedule than most years. Lots of time down in LA hopefully so we can get some practice destroying the Kings. Pretty Excited fro this years draft already and if we pick up a 1st in a trade this year for this draft that would be awesome!
Cassels

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.