The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver is the only Canadian and North American city to make the top 10 best places to live!

Heretic

I doubt you've been to TO or Montreal. Vancouver's night life is a joke. They cancelled fireworks at Canada place this year for NYE without a notice and many people were standing out in the cold for 20 minutes just to see some fireworks. Vancouver's only saving grace is the fireworks festival in the summer to display that it is a major world class city. Otherwise everyone just sits in their home and looks at the threads on CDC.

Ah, I guess that was a good guess.

Its also Vancouver, which in the days before the immigration floodgates opened didn't see much of an outside influence until the mid '60s when a subculture known as the "hippies" brought it with them up from San Francisco, and the locals RAN with it.

Fair enough.

Though, for the most part, most of the more extreme "counterculture" groups in Vancouver are all comprised of the same group of people who never seem to have anything better to do, and their actions always seem to get far more attention than they should warrant.

Many people, like myself, get fed up with them most of the time.

Archived