The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

The Toronto media have been trying for awhile to boost up the value of Kadri.

The truth is the Leafs gave up on him being a star player a long time ago. Now they're trying to salvage what they can for him.

He adds less value to a trade at this point since he is 22 years old and still pretty unproven. Would I be happy to get him though? Sure, but not as the center piece of the trade.

On rumour board it mentions Mike Gillis saying he's spoken to 4 or 5 teams about Luongo trade this week.

Sounds like MG is trying to push someone to move one step closer to close a trade. Likely Nonis or Tallon.

I read this as a trade is going to happen one way or the other by Saturday. No way Canucks want Luongo staying

with them at this point unless there's absolutely no alternative.

Com'on let's get this trade done and see some hot new names in the lineup come Saturday.

Make it worth my time to line up an hour for a $1 hot dog.

I don't think TO is in the position to offer us a whole lot. I mean, look at who we would want and what that would do to their current team. Sure they can offer prospects and picks but that just hurts them in the future.

I don't think TO is in the position to offer us a whole lot. I mean, look at who we would want and what that would do to their current team. Sure they can offer prospects and picks but that just hurts them in the future.

Well Burke got fired two days in or so didn't he? Before the trade moratorium was off...

if Luongo to Florida was as good as done- why has it not happened?

John Shannon and half the hockey world predicted that Luongo to Toronto would happen within 48 hours of the lockout ending.

How about 48 days?

48 weeks?

John Shannon really F'ed his reputation with his guarantee of Luongo to Toronto- oh wait, he has no reputation, because nobody cares what he says anyway, because we all know that he is a useless human being.

Remember two big media companies run the show in Toronto now. Win or lose adding a big name like Luongo might help the bottomline of both companies. The bosses there are no longer just hockey people growing a franchise from the grassroots. What do they say in showbiz, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Archived