The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but what about Drew Shore? The Canucks could still get a pretty decent return from Florida while they get to keep Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gudbranson, and Kulikov.

That still leaves Drew Shore, Quinton Howden, Alex Petrovic, Stephen Weiss, and Shawn matthias left to make a deal.

I'm not sure why Shores name has never come up, but it could make sense (especially for the Kadri haters out there)

- Tampa's an unknown until they play some NHL games (may look for a goalie part way into season)

- Columbus is probably marginally better but not enough (def a possibility if a deal could be had)

- Florida could hold up ok as they did last year (open to the right deal for sure)

- Toronto has nothing but another yer of experience (see Florida)

- Edmonton has Dubnyk, they'd like a solid backup (no way they move anything major for Luongo)

This wouldn't get Huberdeau, and it likely wouldn't get Tallon to cough up Bjugstad. And I wouldn't want the Canucks to part with their 1st, unless it was part of a trade where they got back the other team's 1st (which would likely be higher than the Canucks' pick).

However, that package might get Tallon to consider parting with assets like Shore, Petrovic, Matthias, their 2014 1st and a few other such assets. Put three or so together and you got a deal. :)

regards,

G.

Archived