The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Let's see if I understand - Gillis can spot a "disaster" in the making, so he goes out and trades our third leading scorer for a guy who added exactly 0 value to us last year. OK. Good thing that that disaster was "averted"...

In addition, curious that you think it was so great to "move quickly" to trade Hodgson, but you're such an advocate of "being patient" with Luongo. Why is that? Cody was such a distraction, was he? Right - that's why essentially the whole city was blindsided by the move.

And yes, it is pretty simple and obvious to anyone who understands the "buy low, sell high" principle that the smarter move would've been to trade Schneider last year - also, not trade Cody - and go for it. 1st round exit in 5 games says "hello".

Ol' good times Farhan said Lu stopped all 5 shots in the Shootout and Schnieder let in 4.. Lol maybe we better hang on to him for a bit. If this new laid back louie is hot out of the gates I'm down to roll with it if it gets us a cup. Bet his value would be through the roof then eh king?

Ol' good times Farhan said Lu stopped all 5 shots in the Shootout and Schnieder let in 4.. Lol maybe we better hang on to him for a bit. If this new laid back louie is hot out of the gates I'm down to roll with it if it gets us a cup. Bet his value would be through the roof then eh king?

I got a hypothetical situation proposal game for ya'll.. Say Lu comes out hot and we ride him into the playoffs as top 3 goalie in the league. We win the cup and he's MVP. Gillis says lets go forward with CS anyways and get a huge boost of future for Lu.

So how much is his value increased and who makes a hard push for him.

I got a hypothetical situation proposal game for ya'll.. Say Lu comes out hot and we ride him into the playoffs as top 3 goalie in the league. We win the cup and he's MVP. Gillis says lets go forward with CS anyways and get a huge boost of future for Lu.

So how much is his value increased and who makes a hard push for him.

I don't know if they can afford to bring in a goalie with so much uncertainty, unless it's for a sweetheart of a deal. If they brought Bryz in and he was not very good and they missed the playoffs, there would be hell to pay in the front office.

I think Gillis is a bloody genius.

This whole script was cooked up to make us fall in love with Luo all over again - and every note has played out like a Lady Gaga gig.

M,m.m,m,m,m,m,my.......

The icing is the disappointment in PaperBagsville - the sheer pleasure of dangling the answer in front of them, only to recoil and bask in the sheer glory of our tandem.

Don't mess with MG you CBC and TSN am-uh-choo-rrrrs.

I think the power, puck protection, and passing/playmaking ability Kassian has, combined with the defensive awareness, speed/elusiveness & dynamic offensive ability JS has, also adding in the speed, hands and shoot-first mentality Raymond has (if he uses those tools properly) it could be an interesting group, style wise it might match up.

Archived