The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Yes, because 20-game stretches with a .750 winning percentage almost never happen in Vancouver. No way is this team capable of .750...

...Except maybe last season, Jan. 10th through Feb. 26th, when the Canucks went 14-2-4, which works out to .800...

...Oh yeah, and Nov. 6th through Dec. 21st, when they even bettered that, going 16-3-1, which is .825...

But yeah, good luck with that!

luongo, raymond, sauve

for

kadri, finn, conolly 2nd

or

kadri, kulemin, mid grade prospect/mid round pick 3-4th rounder

i think kadri is a piece thats a must in the deal. id rather take more cap hit back in conolly if we could get finn. or take a bit less if we get kulemin

I dont want bozak, and i think toronto would be smart to try re sign him now before the season they could get him re upped for a reasonable price. say he posts 30+ points in 48 games, they willl pay alot more to re sign him or let him walk.Sign Bozak and you make kessel happy and he may re up come summer time, and might make Lupul sign aswell.

:lol:

I agree with Florida, but not so sure about Philly unless it gets to the offseason and they waive Bryz. That's a big stretch.

While I'd agree that Nonis may have less pressure with Burke already having been fired, I doubt that Burke was likely to cave to any pressure to being with. Despite that, the Leafs were interested, so I think they'll still be interested now. As always, the question is price.

Certainly, others have already made the point that for Toronto to keep looking to the future when they have the longest current playoff appearance drought is not a good move. At some point they'll have to mortgage a bit of their future for some success now. Bad moves in the past should prevent them from looking for a deal now, but it should prevent them from overpaying.

Man, would I have loved to be on the Bruins end of that Kessel trade. Burke really screwed up on his evaluation for that one, but once burned, twice shy.

Fair enough. I'm in Toronto, so unfortunately I get the Toronto perspective shoved at me even harder than the rest of the country. Nonis obviously looks through "let's make the Leafs better" glasses.

He knows Luongo would instantly make their team better, unless he had to overpay to get him. Toronto media; however, continue to repeat that IF they do us the favour of lifting Luongo off of our hands, that it better be essentially for free.

I think it's permeated the fanbase here to the point that Nonis' hands may be tied; if he gives up ANY real value, the trade will become the equivalent of Burke's Kessel deal.

I agree with Florida, but not so sure about Philly unless it gets to the offseason and they waive Bryz. That's a big stretch.

While I'd agree that Nonis may have less pressure with Burke already having been fired, I doubt that Burke was likely to cave to any pressure to being with. Despite that, the Leafs were interested, so I think they'll still be interested now. As always, the question is price.

Certainly, others have already made the point that for Toronto to keep looking to the future when they have the longest current playoff appearance drought is not a good move. At some point they'll have to mortgage a bit of their future for some success now. Bad moves in the past should prevent them from looking for a deal now, but it should prevent them from overpaying.

Man, would I have loved to be on the Bruins end of that Kessel trade. Burke really screwed up on his evaluation for that one, but once burned, twice shy.

Interesting that anyone making unflattering comments about the Canucks is deemed an "idiot" (myself included).

Cox was well known to be very close with Burke - the only media guy liked by BB. So this could be a very real representation of what the Canucks were asking for from Toronto. And if they're not willing to give it, that should be a pretty good signal that I'm on the right track with my predictions.

I would laugh if the Leafs all of a sudden try and do a 180 and tank this season, and then they end up making the playoffs.

If Nonis's plan is to get a top 3 pick, good luck. I still think there's much worse teams than the Leafs this season. They would have to tank hard to beat out those teams.

Interesting that anyone making unflattering comments about the Canucks is deemed an "idiot" (myself included).

Cox was well known to be very close with Burke - the only media guy liked by BB. So this could be a very real representation of what the Canucks were asking for from Toronto. And if they're not willing to give it, that should be a pretty good signal that I'm on the right track with my predictions.

Archived