The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

if Luongo to Florida was as good as done- why has it not happened? John Shannon and half the hockey world predicted that Luongo to Toronto would happen within 48 hours of the lockout ending. How about 48 days? 48 weeks? John Shannon really F'ed his reputation with his guarantee of Luongo to Toronto- oh wait, he has no reputation, because nobody cares what he says anyway, because we all know that he is a useless human being.

I agree with your post for the most part, I think Cox is out to lunch too as usual.

They do have some pieces they would keep, Gardiner isn't untouchable but he is a very good young defensemen, Kessel will stay, say what you want about his defensive game or whatever but he has scored 30 goals every year aside from his rookie year and if they could ever get a top playmaking center like he had in Boston with Savard he would be a much better player and wouldn't be relied on to carry the entire play up ice and to do everything, rather he would just be relied on the finish which he is great at, he would be a guy I would keep.

Phaneuf isn't nearly as good as he used to be but I would still hold onto him unless u could get a similar or better defensemen, Grabovski, JVR, Kulemin, Lupul if they extend his deal, they don't have a complete team but their are some decent pieces their.

I don't know he isn't that bad, it was a great deal for Phoenix, if the Toronto isn't/wasn't doing it for the sole purpose of clearing cap space I would have held onto him, especially with their apparent lack of centers.

Archived