The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

"Jump all over Schroeder" - where and when? I've always been high on Schroeder. Good hockey player. His lackluster production in the AHL is a concern, but I'm certainly willing to see what he can do in the NHL.

Size really is not an issue to me. I also talked about Johnny Gaudreau during the tourney, who's very small as well. Who cares? A hockey player is a hockey player.

Actually, I watched the games. Which is why I predicted - accurately - that the United States were going to eliminate Canada, the night before it happened. The United States were the better team in the preliminary game. Subban won that game for Canada.

Grimaldi's a gamer. You should always pay more attention to guys who have their best games when the pressure is at its highest - kinda like Cody Hodgson.

Actually, I watched the games. Which is why I predicted - accurately - that the United States were going to eliminate Canada, the night before it happened. The United States were the better team in the preliminary game. Subban won that game for Canada.

Grimaldi's a gamer. You should always pay more attention to guys who have their best games when the pressure is at its highest - kinda like Cody Hodgson.

Well, my assessment of Luongo is quite high. What you seem to not consider is that Tallon has a say in what he would want to trade for Luongo. So, in order to get a deal done Gillis has to decide if he wants to hold out for a guy like Huberdeau (who will never be coming here) or does he take something a bit less which can still help the team.

Huberdeau is probably their top prospect, regardless of position. Close seconds are guys like ,Markstrom, Bjugstad, Petrovic. and Shore. What would be wrong with having Petrovic and Shore on the Canucks *now* rather than never having Huberdeau?

regards,

G.

What everyone is forgetting is that we have some cap space right now, and there are still some good players out there, Brendan Morrison for example might work on the third line, or someone to that effect.

Andrei Kostitsyn and Kristain Huselius are players who might fit the 2nd line spot, not that they would be my #1 choices but there are options our there.

We can't afford to sacrifice Edler by taking on a mediocre roster player.

If we can get someone like Weiss or Bozak who is a pending UFA that we can let go at the end of the season then I would do it, (aslong as there are other pieces of course)

But to get someone like Kulemin or Connolly or Versteeg and risk Edler doesn't make alot of sense to me when we have people who are capable.

What everyone is forgetting is that we have some cap space right now, and there are still some good players out there, Brendan Morrison for example might work on the third line, or someone to that effect.

Andrei Kostitsyn and Kristain Huselius are players who might fit the 2nd line spot, not that they would be my #1 choices but there are options our there.

Archived