The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

while I agree we should get a lot of good talent for Lu, his contract shoots down most attempts to negotiate what we think would be a good trade!! It seems any team with equivalent trades don't have the cap space for his contract so the alternative is for us to take a couple of 2nd or 3rd line centers just to be rid of his horrible contact. Way to go Gillis. It's come back to haunt you and us!!!......

How would people feel about this trade with Florida:

To Van:

Jovanovski (salary dump)

Goc

Clemmensen

Petrovic or Howden

2nd round pick

To Florida:

Luongo

Raymond

Making our playoff lineup:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Goc Hansen

Weise Malhotra Lapierre

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Jovo

Schneider

Clemmensen

How would people feel about this trade with Florida:

To Van:

Jovanovski (salary dump)

Goc

Clemmensen

Petrovic or Howden

2nd round pick

To Florida:

Luongo

Raymond

Making our playoff lineup:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Goc Hansen

Weise Malhotra Lapierre

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Jovo

Schneider

Clemmensen

Don't like this trade at all. Jovo is injury prone and not even close to what he used to be. Goc is expendable. Howden and Petrovic are 2nd tier prospects. The 2nd meh.

I like Raymond. The Canucks have developed him. He is a good 2-way depth player, lots of skills and speed, coming off of horrible injury with something to prove.

Way rather Gardiner. Not even close.

Schneider took some time to adjust to the AHL. But before long, he was the best goalie in the league.

Similarly, he took some time to adjust to the NHL. But before long, his regular season goalie stats are at the top of the league.

His first few playoff games were a bit shaky, but by the 2012 playoffs, he posted the best goalie stats of anybody in the playoffs - even better than Conn Smythe winner Jonathon Quick.

Maybe he does get some anxiety being put in a new situation. But he has been able to quickly overcome it, and be absolutely dominant while looking as cool as ice. His stats last season put Luongo's to shame.

Is this what we're supposed to panic about?

Schneider got a cramp two seasons ago as a rookie, playing in Chicago in the playoffs, in game 6 - a monster sized game by any standard - one in which he gave up a respectable three goals.

Sign me up - write him off!

That AV guy never gives rookies a chance!

Schneider just wilted under the pressure!

I've never heard of an athlete cramping up before...

Can anyone remind me how he made out in Boston last year?

I think if anyone can afford to give us a first it would be Florida. They are so stacked with prospects, I would really try to get their first if they aren't willing to budge on bjugstad.. Makes sense for them to stay firm on Bjugstad because they need developed players sooner than later. Where as were pretty set down the middle for a while and could use another first to possibly move up the draft and get the kid that is going to take the torch.

IMO a first is a must if they won't give up a top prospect.

I think if anyone can afford to give us a first it would be Florida. They are so stacked with prospects, I would really try to get their first if they aren't willing to budge on bjugstad.. Makes sense for them to stay firm on Bjugstad because they need developed players sooner than later. Where as were pretty set down the middle for a while and could use another first to possibly move up the draft and get the kid that is going to take the torch.

IMO a first is a must if they won't give up a top prospect.

Archived