The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I don't come here to post often. But when I do its because I'm tired of kings bleak outlook of the canucks haha.

King does bring up valid concerns at times, and even makes a good point now and then. But king your constant pessimism is frustrating to say the least. I rarely share your point of view but you do bring on conversation (and defend your position to the point of rediculousness) anyway keep it up (or downer) at least you kind of offset the over optimistic guys. and your always good fora laugh!

I'd say its probably only 3 teams myself. T.O, Florida, Philadelphia. Sounds like T.O is likely out. Philly was prolly kicking tires, leaving Florida the only real team. I think T bay is going with Lindback. Stevie Y wanted a young guy to grow with the team so in my opinion it's unlikely although I agree they would have some interesting pieces

King of ES goes to buy a house, and after talking with the realtor he firmly believed the price is too high. He sends the realtor a low ball offer which is rejected. FINE king says, after a couple months they will get desperate when the market drops and accept the price I proposed to them. In the mean time, the seller finds another interested party and accepts their offer since it isn't a complete low ball like kings. King panics, he realized this house was the only one on the market he really wanted. Now homeless for months because he was waiting to get his house for under market value, his wife leaves him in frustration. He ends up living in Nonis' basement.

As I have stated numerous times in this thread, there are likely other teams kicking the tires on Luongo:

San Jose - Niemi hasn't been the answer, and no surefire G prospect ready to step in.

Chicago - Crawford had one great year. His AHL stats suggest that was an anomaly. They won't stick with him forever.

Tampa - Lindback's stats haven't been too impressive, and his disease may prevent him from ever handling a full starter's load.

New Jersey - Despite his great playoffs last season, Brodeur is definitely winding down.

Islanders - Drafted Lu, and would like to make a splash in their new rink. Certainly have the assets to interest Vancouver. Would Lu waive his NTC? Brooklyn is a pretty sweet place to be.

If any of these teams have a serious injury to their starter, "kicking the tires" can turn into "desperate trading partner" immediately.

That's not what's happening.

The one known in all of this is that Vancouver MUST get rid of Roberto Luongo, sooner or later - but no later than the off-season, really. Knowing this, you can understand why Toronto, or anybody else, is unwilling to pay up. Mike Gillis has to get rid of Roberto Luongo, and this puts the Vancouver Canucks in a very weak bargaining position.

Deny this all you want, but this is what's happening. This is the game. The whole world knows that Gillis has to get Luongo off of his roster prior to the 2013-14 season. Luongo's price just continues to drop the longer that we hold on to him, because other teams know that Gillis has to come up with a solution prior to the 2013-14 season; meaning that if no trade is made this season, Nonis could well be able to pluck him off of waivers in the summer.

I'd say its probably only 3 teams myself. T.O, Florida, Philadelphia. Sounds like T.O is likely out. Philly was prolly kicking tires, leaving Florida the only real team. I think T bay is going with Lindback. Stevie Y wanted a young guy to grow with the team so in my opinion it's unlikely although I agree they would have some interesting pieces

Gillis needs to just come out to the media and say he's not going to trade Luongo this season. Even if it's not true. Team's will still make inquiries, and that's all that matters. Get the media out of it though.

Otherwise him and Luongo are going to contantly get bombarded with trade questions all season.

I would love to see what has been offered cause I bet a team would give close to what we want.I just want this to be done so people will be happy thats its behind us.Luo is a top goaltender and should get us a good player,great young player and a pick, anything less is not worth it.The leafs think kadri,Bozak and 2nd is to much, well thats not to much we should get more as they are unproven and so far are not even second line players.

A lil misunderstanding. The teams not all that young. They do have a couple young guys coming up. They arent full of young guys but they are a team that is coming up. what I was trying to get across was that they'd be more interested in Schneider.

I disagree about T-Bay, and I have since this thing started.

Other than Stamkos and Hedman, the core of the team is not really all that young. Vinny, Marty, Ohlie, Malone, Eric Brewer, Matt Carle....and now they add Sami Salo....

As D-Money says, it's extremely optimistic to say that Lindback will turn out to be a solid starter. Right now, their only other option is Mathieu Garon.

Considering the improvements made in Carolina, the Lightning could easily find themselves on the outside looking in once again, unless they can somehow improve on their 30th best GAA.

If only someone had a bona fide starter available....

Gillis needs to just come out to the media and say he's not going to trade Luongo this season. Even if it's not true. Team's will still make inquiries, and that's all that matters. Get the media out of it though.

Otherwise him and Luongo are going to contantly get bombarded with trade questions all season.

Unfortunately Toronto isn't out unless Luongo publicly and appropriately flips them the bird.

They are simply trying too hard to publicly work his value down - if they were out, they don't bother with that unconvincing dog and pony show. They're posturing and unfortunately it's going to go on until we send Luo to Florida (or Long Island, or Philly, or Tampa, or...)

Archived