The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

On trade deadline day, TSN analyst Matthew Barnaby reported that some players in the Western Conference were actually predicting the pending demise of the Calgary Flames -- due to the acquisition of a dressing-room "cancer" in Olli Jokinen.

Tell this to Matthew Barnaby. I'm just the messenger. Interestingly enough, the "demise" actually did happen roughly 6 months after Jokinen was acquired, when they inexplicably traded Dion Phaneuf to Toronto.

BTW - did you and oldnews happen to see Michael Frolik's beauty goal today?

:bigblush:

I think Calgary's going to get what it deserves for maligning Jokinen so ridiculously. He produced at an impressive level in Calgary despite playing for a team with a weak blueline, no depth behind him (ie he faced all the toughest matchups), he played injured alot due to the fact they had nothing to replace hime with, and he did it for a bargain cap hit. Now they're going to get to watch him play in a better context, and I'm betting he'll have yet another really good season in the Peg, while Calgary tells themselves they have a good chance of winning while, up the middle, they are one of the most rag-tag groups in the NHL.

I wouldn't have minded at all seeing the Canucks sign Jokinen to play between Higgins and Hansen after Kesler returned, but he's simply worth too much.

Alright I would love to see someone more reliable say it, because it wouldn't happen, guy wouldn't have been a captain everywhere he has been if he wasn't loaded with Character and Leadership like he is.

And no I didn't saw Kane's goal then switched to Flyers/Pens, easily the most exciting game right now.

On trade deadline day, TSN analyst Matthew Barnaby reported that some players in the Western Conference were actually predicting the pending demise of the Calgary Flames -- due to the acquisition of a dressing-room "cancer" in Olli Jokinen.

Tell this to Matthew Barnaby. I'm just the messenger. Interestingly enough, the "demise" actually did happen roughly 6 months after Jokinen was acquired, when they inexplicably traded Dion Phaneuf to Toronto.

BTW - did you and oldnews happen to see Michael Frolik's beauty goal today?

:bigblush:

My theory is Nonis wants the Leafs to get blown out tonight. So that fans will be angry and will be calling for change.

That will make it easier for fans to swallow the high price that Nonis will have to pay for Luongo.

Just a theory. Playing a goalie with 12 NHL games in the opening game is kind of a head scratcher after all.

My theory is Nonis wants the Leafs to get blown out tonight. So that fans will be angry and will be calling for change.

That will make it easier for fans to swallow the high price that Nonis will have to pay for Luongo.

Just a theory. Playing a goalie with 12 NHL games in the opening game is kind of a head scratcher after all.

Archived