The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Oh, so now it's all about pedigree? Hank won a Hart, Kes won a Selke, so therefore their positions on the Canucks are all but guaranteed?

Maybe you missed the part where Kesler's goals and points dropped by nearly a full 50%. Oh, but he won a Selke, so we just don't talk about those stats. Is that it?

Speaking of the most idiotic statements ever heard, this one might well take the cake. He's just fine defensively. He was voted the best penalty killer and the smartest player in the OHL, multiple times, by that league's coaches. If he had an issue, it was speed, which should be expected as a rookie. Do you at all remember the joke that was the Sedin's in their first year in the NHL? And what happened with them? Right, trotted out on the second line, and the second PP, regardless of how slow, weak, and unproductive they were. That's how you develop guys with obvious talent - like Hodgson. BTW, who's Buffalo's #1 C to start the year? Oh yeah.

And this "rigging" of ice-time is a real knee-slapper. Was the puck rigged too, when he scored all of those goals? Did Mike Gillis give him commands from above, as to where to shoot the puck on the goalie?

rigging of ice time as you call it...you might want to look into what the GM and Coach ACTUALLY SAID ABOUT THAT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN!!! ahahahhaha... ok so you dispute what they say, ok ok...you're right, the guys giving him ice time and positioning him for a trade don't know what they are talking about but you do...uh huh...alrighty there champ....

Issues with Speed shouldn't be expected for every rookie, Schroeder is plenty fast, Galchenyuk is fast, Tarasenko is fast, Yakupov is fast, it is just an issue of Cody's that is exclusive to him, not something that is a universal problem among all rookies.

He's not just fine defensively at this level, he's below average, Schroeder is better than him. Hodgson is alright and maybe that is something that can be developed but he doesn't have that quick first step and mobility to be a top option defensively.

Undrafted isn't revelant with any team, if they are good enough to play and better than drafted players they play.

Burrows is undrafted, Boyle is undrafted, I can come up with alot more examples if you want.

Draft rankings mean nothing after draft day, and he is good enough to warrant that contract so I don't see any problems with it.

Stop grasping at blades of grass.

Tell that to DeNiro, who called it a head-scratcher that Toronto would be starting somebody "undrafted" in net.

I was just pointing out to him the obvious discrepancy in his statement, as the Canucks had just given Jason Garrison - undrafted - a 6-year contract, and a member of their top-six (thanks to an opportunity given by Dave Nonis) was also not drafted.

Tell that to DeNiro, who called it a head-scratcher that Toronto would be starting somebody "undrafted" in net.

I was just pointing out to him the obvious discrepancy in his statement, as the Canucks had just given Jason Garrison - undrafted - a 6-year contract, and a member of their top-six (thanks to an opportunity given by Dave Nonis) was also not drafted.

Now I know Roberto has said he wants any deal to be the best for the Nucks that it can be but there will come a time when his patience will run out. He will give the ultimatum to MG by stating, "MG you either trade me or I'm done playing for this team".

You'll just go on and on to try and keep your argument going won't you. Just sad.

Of course you latch onto the word undrafted and try and go off on some other tangent that's not even relevant.

Comparing Schneider to Scrivens is apparently a fair comparison in your mind because they both have less than a full season. Right.

Archived