The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I love how when Schneids has a bad game its not his fault and its blamed on Lu being such a distraction for him. But on the other hand if Lu had a bad game because he may of been distracted by something everyone goes on about how he is a head case. Also if Schneids cant play well because of the pressure of Lu on the bench shouldn't we be nervous about how he will perform under the pressure of lets say a stanley cup final?

Hey Let's trade Kesler because we don't want to upset Henrik. Two good centers is a bad thing.

Two elite goalies will only make each other perform better. If Lui gets the chance he'll prove everyone wrong n might even get his job back

I love how when Schneids has a bad game its not his fault and its blamed on Lu being such a distraction for him. But on the other hand if Lu had a bad game because he may of been distracted by something everyone goes on about how he is a head case. Also if Schneids cant play well because of the pressure of Lu on the bench shouldn't we be nervous about how he will perform under the pressure of lets say a stanley cup final?

I think they should keep Lou. Although last night was a disaster, I think they have a great chance to win the cup this year and Lou deserves to be on the winning team. Not sure where the team would've been without him for the last few years. His work ethic is still something to be admired and he gives his all every time, his biggest flaw is he cares too much and that's what gets him in trouble.

Great Schneids owned up to his performance... That does not make me feel any more comfortable about his ability to handle the #1 spot. We can all say its only one game, but the truth is for schneids it was a very big game. The first game as the #1 and he failed. (i am aware the team played poorly but that's never taken into consideration when Lu has a bad game so its only fair)

I would love it if Lu and CS competed to take the #1spot all season. Competition should make them both perform at or near peak levels. Lu is fighting for his job back, It would be great to see him get a hut out tonight if he starts.

I still say keep both goalies until summer, Unless MG can get a game breaker back.

Right. First game of the season, after a very long lockout, at home, after fizzling out in the playoffs, and as the first time someone without the name "Luongo" has started in our net on opening night since 2005.

Yeah, not a big game at all.

I am certain that those citing "it's only 1 game" would not be echoing that phrase had Schneider got a shutout and the Canucks cruised to an easy 5-0 victory. There would be parades being planned.

Right. First game of the season, after a very long lockout, at home, after fizzling out in the playoffs, and as the first time someone without the name "Luongo" has started in our net on opening night since 2005.

Yeah, not a big game at all.

I am certain that those citing "it's only 1 game" would not be echoing that phrase had Schneider got a shutout and the Canucks cruised to an easy 5-0 victory. There would be parades being planned.

I think they should keep Lou. Although last night was a disaster, I think they have a great chance to win the cup this year and Lou deserves to be on the winning team. Not sure where the team would've been without him for the last few years. His work ethic is still something to be admired and he gives his all every time, his biggest flaw is he cares too much and that's what gets him in trouble.

That disaster of a first game is far from being all Schneids fault!

That could quite possibly be the worst example of team defense I have seen in a long time.

When your 4th line is your best line, then you have a problem.

The PK was non existent,

Defence was non existant

Only Volpatti was hitting

Schneider let in 5 on grade "A" chances and it is his responsibility to make those saves.

But C'mon man the team stunk in front of him!

I say BAG skate at 8:00AM

Lets not give up on Schneider yet.

Archived