The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

The Wings lost 10-3 to St Louis last year.

They had a brutal 6 game losing streak.

It's really premature to predict their fall from playoff contention after one loss.

To write that roster off, or Holland and Babcock is silly stuff.

King - you make comments like the Red Wings have no young players - which simply evidences that you know next to nothing of which you speak.

Their top prospect is an outstanding young defenseman.

Have you heard of Brendan Smith?

Have you heard of Gustav Nyquist?

More posts please.

WOW,I don't think Luo should be here either,but I do not want to give him away so here we are.We have two great goalies and I do think Luo should be dealt sooner then later.corey will bounce back and will be our starter no matter if he has a bad game here and there.One game doesn't make a season,but this should be a wake up call to the team so they do not let it happen again.I just hope MG gets a deal done soon so there will be no reason for any of us to worry about when it will be done!!

Getting back to actual hockey talk, I was a little disappointed in Louie, TBH. Teemu is still a great sniper, but both of those goals were stoppable, IMO and the big save from the backup is exactly what you need when the starter is pulled from the game.

I saw nothing to convince me that the score would have been different had Luongo gotten the start last night.

It's far too early to panic. The entire team laid an egg last night, (with the exceptions of Volpatti and Weise) but it isn't the end of the world. Put this one behind you and get ready for the Oilers....

Right, Luongo should not be here so we have no safety net if Schneider gets blown out again. Makes sense. If Schneider is so mentally weak that he can't handle playing well with Luongo on the bench, how is he going to handle game 7 of the SCF? Plus how come Schneider was able to play well last year with Luongo on the bench? Or perhaps the true answer is that all of the gripes people had with Luongo weren't really accurate at all, and he was being scapegoated for a much bigger problem with this team?

Yes there is as Luo being here is a distraction and he wants out MG said if a player wanted out he would trade them.I have always liked luo and wish he would not have asked for a trade but he did and I think MG should trade him asap.What he gets back will take the team time to gel, and the sooner the better for that to happen!Only thing I can add is that if GM's can't give us a good option to trade luo then don't till the offseason,but either way make it known so we the fans will know and GM's will know so theres no distractions whats so ever!

That first game did not help things. Hard to blame either goalie when the whole team coughed up a stinker.

Until this team shows up for a full 60 minutes they're all fair game for a poor review.

Hard to say where the exact problem is, but this feels awfully familiar.

Yes there is as Luo being here is a distraction and he wants out MG said if a player wanted out he would trade them.I have always liked luo and wish he would not have asked for a trade but he did and I think MG should trade him asap.What he gets back will take the team time to gel, and the sooner the better for that to happen!Only thing I can add is that if GM's can't give us a good option to trade luo then don't till the offseason,but either way make it known so we the fans will know and GM's will know so theres no distractions whats so ever!

Calling Schneider mentally weak is my response to those who claim Roberto needs to go ASAP. If Schneider can't handle having Luongo on the bench, then yes he is mentally weak. But if he isn't mentally weak and he can handle having Roberto on the bench then there's really no rush to go out and dump Luongo somewhere else now is there?

Right. First game of the season, after a very long lockout, at home, after fizzling out in the playoffs, and as the first time someone without the name "Luongo" has started in our net on opening night since 2005.

Yeah, not a big game at all.

I am certain that those citing "it's only 1 game" would not be echoing that phrase had Schneider got a shutout and the Canucks cruised to an easy 5-0 victory. There would be parades being planned.

I don't think any Nuck fan wants to see Lu "dumped anywhere" as that is plain stupid. But, given the look of our second line, I think MG would be well advised to untilize a trade that would provide an opportunity to get some help on that line. Kes and Booth are out for at least 5 weeks and will struggle to get back to game shape. It's going to be very difficult for this team to get the points they need in such a short season. Every game they loose digs a deeper hole to climb out of. Somehow, they have to scratch out some wins, or MG has to make a move. They cannot fritter this season away. The window, the window, the window...

Right. First game of the season, after a very long lockout, at home, after fizzling out in the playoffs, and as the first time someone without the name "Luongo" has started in our net on opening night since 2005.

I am certain that those citing "it's only 1 game" would not be echoing that phrase had Schneider got a shutout and the Canucks cruised to an easy 5-0 victory. There would be parades being planned.

Trading Luongo for Bozak and Kadri is dumping him for garbage. But if we can get a legitimate 2nd liner or 1st/2nd line tweener then I would pull the trigger. Having said that, I'm still not convinced trading Luongo is the best move for this team but I don't think the choice is really Gillis's to make.

Archived