The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Getting back to actual hockey talk, I was a little disappointed in Louie, TBH. Teemu is still a great sniper, but both of those goals were stoppable, IMO and the big save from the backup is exactly what you need when the starter is pulled from the game.

I saw nothing to convince me that the score would have been different had Luongo gotten the start last night.

It's far too early to panic. The entire team laid an egg last night, (with the exceptions of Volpatti and Weise) but it isn't the end of the world. Put this one behind you and get ready for the Oilers....

I watched Kassian last night and Hodgson today. I honestly think Kassian was more noticeable in a 7-2 loss than Cody was in a 5-2 win. Kassian skayed well last night, had a decent physical presence, carried the puck into the o-zone, several times, with confidence, and parked himself in front of the net a few times as well.

Hodgson was good, but he was weak, defensively, and struggles with his possession game........he is not the guy to carry the puck through the z-none, that was clear today, though he's very good as the puck reciever on the rush. I found he struggles when they go into a cycle and try and maitain possession.......he's easily taken off the puck and he makes some lazy passes.

I watched Kassian last night and Hodgson today. I honestly think Kassian was more noticeable in a 7-2 loss than Cody was in a 5-2 win. Kassian skayed well last night, had a decent physical presence, carried the puck into the o-zone, several times, with confidence, and parked himself in front of the net a few times as well.

Hodgson was good, but he was weak, defensively, and struggles with his possession game........he is not the guy to carry the puck through the z-none, that was clear today, though he's very good as the puck reciever on the rush. I found he struggles when they go into a cycle and try and maitain possession.......he's easily taken off the puck and he makes some lazy passes.

But, but Hodgson poked in a Vanek rebound sitting in the cookie jar - and that's all that matters to someone like King (while his linemates had a mere 8 points haha).

Buffalo has no #1 Cs however - they've go Ott, an 18 year old, and Hecht who was unsigned until a week ago...

But, but he has a good shot, and poked in a Vanek rebound sitting in the cookie jar - and that's about all that matters to someone like King (while his linemates had a mere 8 points haha).

Buffalo has no #1 Cs however - they've go Ott, an 18 year old, and Hecht who was unsigned until a week ago...

They're still looking for the right centerman.

:bigblush:

Not sure about that. Cody had 7 SOG, which was second only to Vanek's absurd total of 9. He won 11/20 faceoffs. 2:17 PP time, 2:07 PK time. Does the word "versatility" mean anything to you?

Being so prominent on the PK dispels your "defensively irresponsible" theory, so you might want to start working on something else to feel better about the trade.

:bigblush:

That looks about what a PKer should be doing. Giroux was practically right against the boards on that goal, which is ideal from the D's perspective. Miller would probably want that one back, but that Claude Giroux guy is also a pretty good player.

What do you suggest he should've been doing? Running around after the puck?

Archived