The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Well, glad to see all the idiocy spilling out into the regular threads didn't mean this thread would suddenly become normal. Still the same old, same old in here, with a few posters bothering to try and talk to a few other posters that they've never once made any headway with.

Well, glad to see all the idiocy spilling out into the regular threads didn't mean this thread would suddenly become normal. Still the same old, same old in here, with a few posters bothering to try and talk to a few other posters that they've never once made any headway with.

Not sure about that. Cody had 7 SOG, which was second only to Vanek's absurd total of 9. He won 11/20 faceoffs. 2:17 PP time, 2:07 PK time. Does the word "versatility" mean anything to you?

Being so prominent on the PK dispels your "defensively irresponsible" theory, so you might want to start working on something else to feel better about the trade.

:bigblush:

Stats of goalies on teams that were rumoured to be interested in Luongo watch after 2 nights:

Bryz: 0-2-0, 90.9 SVP, 3.05 GAA

Theodore: 1-0-0, 97.6 SVP, 1.00 GAA

Dubnyk: 1-0-0, 93.1 SVP, 1.85 GAA

Scrivens: 1-0-0, 95.5 SVP, 1.00 GAA

Only 1 game for most those guys, but they all played pretty well except Bryz who was mediocre at best so far.

I stand corrected - I read that Eberle was the first star. Good for Zack.

Gallagher had to eat some crow tonight eh, and realize Kassian's actual potential - although he's talking as if Kassian all of a sudden learned to skate - young guy skated very well last year, it's just that Gallagher was wearing his bathroom blinders.

another lame performance last night. Lu looked like amateur hour out there. Maybe he looked a little to amateurish. I think he could be tryin' to hurry up this trade process. What better way to throw a game then in the shoot out!!!.....

another lame performance last night. Lu looked like amateur hour out there. Maybe he looked a little to amateurish. I think he could be tryin' to hurry up this trade process. What better way to throw a game then in the shoot out!!!.....

Luo was pretty solid last night. Although leaning a little too far over on the Eberle goal, it was still a goal Eberle scores on pretty much any other goaltender.

As for the Hemsky goal, yes that was one he should have had. Otherwise, very solid outing, with a predictable finish in the shootout.

The team that everyone should be keeping their eye on for a potential Luongo trade leading up to the deadline is the Flyers. If Bryz continues his poor play over the next 3-4 weeks, look for them to be headlining the Luongo trade rumours.

I can be an insider too!

Source: Tony Gallagher on team 1040 last hour

Tony, BMac and Taylor were discussing the Luongo situation. Essentailly they said.

-this all took place at the draft.

-deal was very close to being done between Vancouver and Toronto-perhaps even done- they were not sure.

-the trade was presented to Luongo and he asked if Florida was still interested.

-MG said FLA was still interested but not close

-Lou said no to the proposed TO deal and said he wanted to wait for florida.

Archived