The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

another lame performance last night. Lu looked like amateur hour out there. Maybe he looked a little to amateurish. I think he could be tryin' to hurry up this trade process. What better way to throw a game then in the shoot out!!!.....

A Luongo trade thread turned into a "TALK WHATEVER COMES TO MIND" - Stay on the topic Ladies and Gents!

Wonder of Luongo will get more starts this week or will Gillis pull the trigger by the weekend? Still Bozak, Kadri and a 1st or 2nd the best trade scenario so far?

A Luongo trade thread turned into a "TALK WHATEVER COMES TO MIND" - Stay on the topic Ladies and Gents!

Wonder of Luongo will get more starts this week or will Gillis pull the trigger by the weekend? Still Bozak, Kadri and a 1st or 2nd the best trade scenario so far?

I thought most of his game was good, but if you can't admit that the two goals he let in were terrible and came at very inopportune times, you're not be objective in any way. I'd say the same thing about Schneider and did so after game 1. As I said before, it's not the saves Lu makes, as he makes some great ones, it's the saves he doesn't make that kill all the momentum built by the skaters. It's something that's plagued his entire time in vancouver.

Lou had a much easier night and fewer difficult shots than Cory had. Although he made some great saves, the two that got by him, especially the first were terrible goals. His positioning is still a huge problem and thats what disturbs me about him. A great goalie can;t be making hi-lite reel saves, then give up stinkers. Again, its about his lack of consistancy. . 938 does not tell the story !

I think everyone who is panicking right now needs to take a step back. None of the teams can be judged fairly right now. Majority of the players in the NHL have to get back to game shape, and all of the players need to get used to the game. It has been a long time since they have played an organized game together. Give it 10-15 games before you judge a goaltender and teams overall game, despite the fact that it is a shortened season.

Lu should have had both of those goals. It's much more frustrating for a defence to defend for a goalie who makes the saves he doesn't but lets in a lot of soft goals. Every shot against Lu is a legit scoring chance and that's very draining to our D.

I still think the starting position is still very much up for grabs and will be awarded to whoever gets hot first. I believe that the rotation of goalies willcontinue until one shows signs of waking up, leaving the other to ride the pine.

I also think that this controversy needs to be addressed asap. To me, the distraction is weighing heavy on both goalies. The fact that AV started Lou on Sunday, rather than going back to Schneider is evidence of the lack of direction the Canucks have as far as a back stop is concerned. I think it was a mistake to start Luongo against the Oilers. It showed no confidence in Schneids what so ever. If Cory is to be the number one, he needs to be in the net, win or lose, on a consistant basis. He needs to know that he s the man and it s his job. believe the constant shufling is damaging to both and will only lower the value in a potential deal.

No matter which way it goes, one thing is certain. The fans will back who ever helps us win. Sports fans are fickle this way. One day you re a hero, next day you re a zero and then you re a hero again.

In my mind the starting position will come down to whoever goes out there and takes it.

It's also frustrating for a goaltender to have a shutout through two periods and then have to watch his defenseman (who just signed a contract worth 5 million per year) let an opposing player walk around him with three seconds left in the period....

...he probably should have made that save, but he shouldn't have had to.

funny story because that same defenceman made an exceptional play in.his.own end earlier and carried the puck up ice and blasted it in the cage. so without him the score would have been 1-1 and the canucks would have lost in the shootout. dueche

Archived