The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I think the team is the Flyers. Although they've been discussed, I don't think anybody has really considered them serious contender in the Luongo sweepstakes. They usually are pretty bold with their moves as well.

I can either see Hartnell, B. Schenn, or Couturier coming back. (Hopefully one of the young guys!)

As for the cap dump that they want us to take, looking at Capgeek, I've tried to narrow it down to a few players:

Briere(doesn't make sense to give up another forward, but aging and expensive)

Talbot(1.75 is a fair price, but Laughton's playing great and they can save some money by playing him in Talbots role full time)

Pronger(doesn't count towards cap hit since he's hurt, but they still pay his salary if he's injured correct? Could save owners some money)

Grossman(good 4/5 defensive defenseman, they have too many of those with Coburn, Schenn, Mezsaros. A tad overpaid at 3.5)

Bryzgalov(thrives in a defensive system much like Elliott in St. Louis, but is overpaid and exposed by a shaking Flyers defence. Could still bounce back, I wouldn't give up on him yet)

Note: Flyers really can't afford to give up defence right now, but I have a dooming feeling that Tanev could be involved in a package, sending us one of Grossman or Meszaros (more cap relief for them, Tanev's involvement could be adding to hesitance on our part?)

Right. First game of the season, after a very long lockout, at home, after fizzling out in the playoffs, and as the first time someone without the name "Luongo" has started in our net on opening night since 2005.

Yeah, not a big game at all.

I am certain that those citing "it's only 1 game" would not be echoing that phrase had Schneider got a shutout and the Canucks cruised to an easy 5-0 victory. There would be parades being planned.

I think the team is the Flyers. Although they've been discussed, I don't think anybody has really considered them serious contender in the Luongo sweepstakes. They usually are pretty bold with their moves as well.

I can either see Hartnell, B. Schenn, or Couturier coming back. (Hopefully one of the young guys!)

As for the cap dump that they want us to take, looking at Capgeek, I've tried to narrow it down to a few players:

Briere(doesn't make sense to give up another forward, but aging and expensive)

Talbot(1.75 is a fair price, but Laughton's playing great and they can save some money by playing him in Talbots role full time)

Pronger(doesn't count towards cap hit since he's hurt, but they still pay his salary if he's injured correct? Could save owners some money)

Grossman(good 4/5 defensive defenseman, they have too many of those with Coburn, Schenn, Mezsaros. A tad overpaid at 3.5)

Bryzgalov(thrives in a defensive system much like Elliott in St. Louis, but is overpaid and exposed by a shaking Flyers defence. Could still bounce back, I wouldn't give up on him yet)

Note: Flyers really can't afford to give up defence right now, but I have a dooming feeling that Tanev could be involved in a package, sending us one of Grossman or Meszaros (more cap relief for them, Tanev's involvement could be adding to hesitance on our part?)

Alright I'll take a stab at it. I'll say it's Washington, because they haven't been mentioned, and have a huge question mark in goal. I'll say that their attempted cap dump is Roman Hamrlik at 3.5m, of which we cannot use a 38 y/o defender who had a dismal season last year.

I'm going to assume the core of the deal centres around prospects or we manage to pry Johansson away from them (highly unlikely). I also doubt they move 2012 1st rounder Filip Forsberg. So let's say it's:

Van

Tom Wilson (RW)

Ryan Stoa ( C)

Roman Hamrlik (D)

Was

Luongo

Raymond

Yeah Ari PM'ed a mod and got him to give King a little "timeout".

And boy it feels nice to not seeing his asinine posts with contradiction left and right and logic that gets flipped upside down whenever king wants.

Ahh I will miss this time when he is back.

Archived