• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

3,456 posts in this topic

For Mike to even say that in a interview a deal must be real close. If it isn't, this is just going to add to the gong show and be more of a distraction.

I think the team is the Flyers. Although they've been discussed, I don't think anybody has really considered them serious contender in the Luongo sweepstakes. They usually are pretty bold with their moves as well.

I can either see Hartnell, B. Schenn, or Couturier coming back. (Hopefully one of the young guys!)

As for the cap dump that they want us to take, looking at Capgeek, I've tried to narrow it down to a few players:

Briere(doesn't make sense to give up another forward, but aging and expensive)

Talbot(1.75 is a fair price, but Laughton's playing great and they can save some money by playing him in Talbots role full time)

Pronger(doesn't count towards cap hit since he's hurt, but they still pay his salary if he's injured correct? Could save owners some money)

Grossman(good 4/5 defensive defenseman, they have too many of those with Coburn, Schenn, Mezsaros. A tad overpaid at 3.5)

Bryzgalov(thrives in a defensive system much like Elliott in St. Louis, but is overpaid and exposed by a shaking Flyers defence. Could still bounce back, I wouldn't give up on him yet)

Note: Flyers really can't afford to give up defence right now, but I have a dooming feeling that Tanev could be involved in a package, sending us one of Grossman or Meszaros (more cap relief for them, Tanev's involvement could be adding to hesitance on our part?)

For Mike to even say that in a interview a deal must be real close. If it isn't, this is just going to add to the gong show and be more of a distraction.

Someone no one is thinking of....?

Feaster is moving Kipprusoff while he can still get some value for him? Already moved Karlsson, losing faith in Irving? Will finally set Iginla free?

Luongo, Ballard, Ebbett.

Glencross, Giordano, Backlund.

Right. First game of the season, after a very long lockout, at home, after fizzling out in the playoffs, and as the first time someone without the name "Luongo" has started in our net on opening night since 2005.

Yeah, not a big game at all.

I am certain that those citing "it's only 1 game" would not be echoing that phrase had Schneider got a shutout and the Canucks cruised to an easy 5-0 victory. There would be parades being planned.

Hartnell + 2013 1st, or so they say on twitter.

Apparently a deal is in place with a team that 'no one thinks' is in the mix. So let's start throwing random NHL clubs out there that might need help with goaltending... TB, NYI, PHI, ANH, SJ, ?

I think the team is the Flyers. Although they've been discussed, I don't think anybody has really considered them serious contender in the Luongo sweepstakes. They usually are pretty bold with their moves as well.

I can either see Hartnell, B. Schenn, or Couturier coming back. (Hopefully one of the young guys!)

As for the cap dump that they want us to take, looking at Capgeek, I've tried to narrow it down to a few players:

Briere(doesn't make sense to give up another forward, but aging and expensive)

Talbot(1.75 is a fair price, but Laughton's playing great and they can save some money by playing him in Talbots role full time)

Pronger(doesn't count towards cap hit since he's hurt, but they still pay his salary if he's injured correct? Could save owners some money)

Grossman(good 4/5 defensive defenseman, they have too many of those with Coburn, Schenn, Mezsaros. A tad overpaid at 3.5)

Bryzgalov(thrives in a defensive system much like Elliott in St. Louis, but is overpaid and exposed by a shaking Flyers defence. Could still bounce back, I wouldn't give up on him yet)

Note: Flyers really can't afford to give up defence right now, but I have a dooming feeling that Tanev could be involved in a package, sending us one of Grossman or Meszaros (more cap relief for them, Tanev's involvement could be adding to hesitance on our part?)

So apparently Hartnell is coming here? :bigblush:

Tampa bay with us taking Ohlund back

Alright I'll take a stab at it. I'll say it's Washington, because they haven't been mentioned, and have a huge question mark in goal. I'll say that their attempted cap dump is Roman Hamrlik at 3.5m, of which we cannot use a 38 y/o defender who had a dismal season last year.

I'm going to assume the core of the deal centres around prospects or we manage to pry Johansson away from them (highly unlikely). I also doubt they move 2012 1st rounder Filip Forsberg. So let's say it's:

Van

Tom Wilson (RW)

Ryan Stoa ( C)

Roman Hamrlik (D)

Was

Luongo

Raymond

Yeah Ari PM'ed a mod and got him to give King a little "timeout".

And boy it feels nice to not seeing his asinine posts with contradiction left and right and logic that gets flipped upside down whenever king wants.

Ahh I will miss this time when he is back.

Toronto will take Bryz. They don't have to move much to get him... right in their price range.

Luo Schroeder

Couturier Simmonds

So Gillis says there's a potential deal in place that's pending that team getting rid of a certain player. And he says its a team that no one's talking about.

Any thoughts?

Philly? San Jose? Tampa Bay? NYI?

For the same reason we aren't likely to do an Edmonton deal, they're in the same division. What you've proposed doesn't look so attractive for either team anyway.

Again, I haven't had to see his posts for some time, unless someone else quotes him that is.

Now is the opportune time to put him on ignore like I did after the Weber offer sheet thread debacle and then you don't have to bother with all the idiocy of trying to debate anything logically with him.

Unless he's playin the media like he says Toronto was? :rolleyes: