The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

CBJ aren't as bad as the Leafs, and nowhere near the headache for Luo.

Howson finds a way of moving Mason and creates a post Nash stir in a relatively similar deal, having a stable of C and blueline prospects and an extra 1st round pick...

Luongo Ballard

Dubinsky Nikitin Savard 1st

Breakdown of teams needing a goaltender:

Anaheim ducks- no

Boston bruins-no

Buffalo sabres-no

Flames-no

Hurricanes-no

Blackhaws-yes

Avalanche-no

Blue jackets-yes

Stars-no

Redwings-no

Oilers-yes

Panthers-yes

Kings-no

Wild-no

Canadiens-no

Predators-no

Devils-yes

Islanders-yes

Rangers-no

Ottawa-no

Flyers-yes

Coyotes-no

Penguins-no

Sharks-no

Blues-no

Lightning-yes

Leafs-yes

Washington-yes

jets-no

So from these teams: Have sub par goaltending

Blackhaws-yes /can't see trading within conference and rival

Blue jackets-yes /can't see because trade for bobrovsky and need for skill on D and O

Oilers-yes /can't see trading within division and rival

Panthers-yes /can't see cause Theodore is playing well and Markstrom is arguably best goalie not in NHL

Devils-yes/ can't see with lack of offence and brodeur in net

Islanders-yes/ probable but unlikely with Dipietro signed for another 9 years and vokoun. edit: forgot about buyout... makes Islanders alot more likely. Don't know if management can bite the bullet to buyout Dipietro.

Flyers-yes

Lightning-yes/ unlikely with lindback trade

Washington-yes

Leafs-yes /don't see them trading away their #1&2 centers. I just don't think they have the pieces to make canucks better.

Conclusion for trading partners:

I think Washington & Flyers pose, really the only likely, trading partners. Both teams are in the top 10 teams in the league and can easily make a far playoff push. Their gms are desperate and hungry to upgrade goaltending. Both these teams have great prospect depth.

What do you guys think? Agree/disagree?

If they really thought they weren't gonna be able to re-sign him, it's possible. But I think they're going to do everything they can to re-sign Getzlaf and Perry. Maybe trading for Luongo shows those two that the franchise is committed to winning long term. Who knows?

I see Ryan being the most likely to go out of the three though. He's already publicly voiced his displeasure with management, and he's been linked in rumors for the past few seasons. Maybe they finally decide to just cut him loose.

But any team with Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Koivu, and Luongo is a formidable one.

Breakdown of teams needing a goaltender:

Anaheim ducks- no

Boston bruins-no

Buffalo sabres-no

Flames-no

Hurricanes-no

Blackhaws-yes

Avalanche-no

Blue jackets-yes

Stars-no

Redwings-no

Oilers-yes

Panthers-yes

Kings-no

Wild-no

Canadiens-no

Predators-no

Devils-yes

Islanders-yes

Rangers-no

Ottawa-no

Flyers-yes

Coyotes-no

Penguins-no

Sharks-no

Blues-no

Lightning-yes

Leafs-yes

Washington-yes

jets-no

So from these teams: Have sub par goaltending

Blackhaws-yes /can't see trading within conference and rival

Blue jackets-yes /can't see because trade for bobrovsky and need for skill on D and O

Oilers-yes /can't see trading within division and rival

Panthers-yes /can't see cause Theodore is playing well and Markstrom is arguably best goalie not in NHL

Devils-yes/ can't see with lack of offence and brodeur in net

Islanders-yes/ probable but unlikely with Dipietro signed for another 9 years and vokoun. edit: forgot about buyout... makes Islanders alot more likely. Don't know if management can bite the bullet to buyout Dipietro.

Flyers-yes

Lightning-yes/ unlikely with lindback trade

Washington-yes

Leafs-yes /don't see them trading away their #1&2 centers. I just don't think they have the pieces to make canucks better.

Conclusion for trading partners:

I think Washington & Flyers pose, really the only likely, trading partners. Both teams are in the top 10 teams in the league and can easily make a far playoff push. Their gms are desperate and hungry to upgrade goaltending. Both these teams have great prospect depth.

What do you guys think? Agree/disagree?

Plenty of ways to interpret what MG said.

Having to do something with another player they have.......hmmmmmm???

Weiss resigning or not in Florida. Plausible but hardly not anyone "no one has thought of".

Maybe Mattias Ohlund and whether or not he will retire due to bad knee's...Lou to TB?

i honestly think george mcphee's job is on the line in washington. His team has a must-win-now attitude and they have two very young goalies and neuvirth hasnt gotten the job done.

Unless holtby is their guy and they think he is ready they are a sleeper team as far as im concerned.

Archived