The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Maybe why Schroeder is being held out of action? Maybe he's involved. :shock:

But really, I don't see a deal going down tomorrow. That move was most likely made in order to make room for Schroeder.

But rumors are still fun. Like how about Luongo to Tampa for Malone and Connolly (d4).

i honestly think george mcphee's job is on the line in washington. His team has a must-win-now attitude and they have two very young goalies and neuvirth hasnt gotten the job done.

Unless holtby is their guy and they think he is ready they are a sleeper team as far as im concerned.

I can't see Philly pulling it off without involving Bryz moving somewhere...who's going to want him??

Washington... would be an instant upgrade but feel they want to determine if their young keepers can do the job before making such a deal.

Can't see how the Canucks get full value for Luongo, his contract is a killer. Putting on my GM hat, if I am considering an upgrade in net and Luongo is a thought, I am picking up the phone and asking about the availability of Halak or Elliott with STL.

Philly ownership's frustration of Bryz's press comments(with unpredictable play), is a factor that shouldn't be underestimated. If they could kaibosh that, while getting Roberto(all at once)?..That's a team which could badly overpay. Get a good player, prospects and a pick-would be expensive-but Van would be set for a decade.

I like your way of thinking. Tampa fits in so many ways.....Luongo gives them instant top level goaltending to go with an outstanding offense and emerging blueline. Garon is UFA at seasons end and Lindback could be good but also could be average at best. Vasilevski is further away than Markstrom in Florida is.

If Tampa can bury Ohlunds contract going forward this would free up the necessary cap space and give the Lightning another shot at a cup before Lecavalier and St.Louis are done.

WSH has completely changed their system under Oates. They want the D to jump into the rush now as opposed to under Hunter when he didn't even want forwards to jump up into the rush...

They need a puck moving Dman. Ballard + Luongo ? Thats a lot of salary going so we'd have to take something back.

Archived