Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

3,456 posts in this topic

Johansson would be a great fit. He'd fit the 2nd line centre role nicely until keslers return. The only thing is I don't think you are seeing the true potential of this kid. Right now he's playing 1st line wing with ovie and backstrom and doing pretty well at it. I'm not saying they'd want more than luo but it would be a step back if we put him back to 3rd line centre. I'd see a better fit with him at the wing along side kes and kassian.

I'd still like to keep dreaming about Forsberg tho. In my dream world first WSH has to wait on trading Neuvirth. They will get more value out of him before a luongo trade Then...

VAN

Booth, Luongo, Gaunce, 1st 2013, Tanev(possibly)

WSH

Forsberg, Johansson, Hamerlik

Kuznesov said that he wants to play in the NHL he just felt his chances of making the Olympics would be better if he played in Russia So in a few years WSH roster looks

Ovie - Backstrom - Booth

Wilson - Kuznesov- Ribeiro(?)

Galiev - Perreault - Ward

Crabb - Beagle - Chimera

Green - Alzner

Carlson -Orlov

Erskine - Kundratek

Luongo

Holtby

They just locked him up for about 6 or 7 years at around 4.75. Why would they just trade him?

johansson seems to be the logical choice in a return from washington. But what about tom wilson or matthieu perreault(30pts in 64 gp last year. Also 2 100pt plus season in qmjhl and 2 seasons where he was ppg in the ahl

perreault would be someone i would look at aswell i wouldnt over look or under estimate him

For what it's worth. Heres what SourcesSay is guessing.

Throw away the #Oilers Gagner deal right away then COL O'Rielly.

I would want Benn or Couturier. I don't care what type of package it costs. I do that deal. If any 1 of Canucks roster players or prospects needs to go with Luongo. For 1 or those 2 pIayers I do the deal.

I just have a real hard time believing Philly would trade Couturier and DAL would trade Benn.

I was beating the drum of Lou to Was for Laich or Johansson back in Thread 2.0, I think.

Was laughed at. Washington doesn't need a goalie, they said. Won't be interested, they said.

We'll see.

Me and King collaborated on this one. :bigblush:

To Van:

- Tyler Bozak

- Nazem Kadri

- Mike Komisarek

- Tim Connolly

- Conditional 5th Round Picks (If Bozak Walks)

To Toronto:

- Roberto Luongo

- Zack Kassian

- David Booth

- Keith Ballard

- 1st Round Pick

The Reasoning behind the deal:

- Kassian sucks.  Kadri is more like Cody Godgson so that's an upgrade right??

- Booth is overpaid and doesn't bring nearly what Raymond brings anyways. Connolly is underrated, upgrade there.

- Ballard sucks, Chemistry with Tanev means nothing.Why not bring the physicality in Komisarek, who cares about him contract.

- We are terrible at drafting anyways so might aswell sweeten the deal with the 1st.

Teams that fit the mold of what Gillis described (not on the radar) that could make sense from what the team needs, and what Luongo would want in a team: Jersey; Washington; and Detroit. All are teams that nobody has linked Luongo to, all are teams that Luongo would probably accept a deal to, all are teams that have varying degrees of needs in goal (Detroit being the team with probably the least need for an established goaltender), and all are teams that might have pieces that could help the Canucks. Obviously a move to Jersey would be for the future of the Devils, and not really for this year.

This seems a little odd.. It's totally not gillis style to come out and say this.

Part of me thinks it has to be true otherwise why would he stir the goalie controversy more?

But part of me also thinks every deal he makes comes out of nowhere so why would he announce it early this time?

A little confused right now....

Maybe Minnesota is on the market with Backstrom going UFA and Harding being diagnosed with MS... plausible.

Don't see Luongo waiving for Minny though. Who do they have?

Yeah I agree on MoJo, but for the part where you claim I may not be seeing the true potential of MoJo. I definitely see his potential. The kid is a really good player. He's going to get better and better. I'd love to get him.

If Raymond goes along with Lu then I can see MoJo on the wing later in the year. But the reason I prefer him as 3rd line C when Kesler gets back is because Imagine this down the middle.

Henrik

Kesler

MoJo

Lappy

That is a perfect 1 thru 4. Teams with strength down the middle win Cups. You play this lineup and your have a cup run. Lappy is great for his pay scale but in a perfect world he would be my 4th line C. He could be the best 4th line C in the league, especially with added 20 Lbs of muscle.

I would love a trade for MoJo. It solves all of Canucks problems for now and into the future, exactly what MG said he wants in a Luongo trade.

Minny is less then 4 hours flying time out of Florida. Re-alignment takes Minny out of the NW next year. Minny will be a serious CUP challenger with their existing core and young talent. I could see Lu waiving to go there without a problem.

TEAM Radio@TEAM1040

RT @katiestrangespn: #Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking trade from Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation.

I wonder if the Islanders are one of the teams in on Luongo.

TEAM Radio@TEAM1040

RT @katiestrangespn: #Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking trade from Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation.

Does anyone think that the "domino" is Gomez signing with San Jose?

Gillis is certainly muckin with the media lately.

- Announcing the Edler signing via tweet; no presser, no leaks to the media for a big story...

- Giving TO, and by default their media, crap for trying to use the media to lower the asking price. He also made clear mention they were "interested," gotta make Reimer feel good?

- Now stirring up the media with a controversy over who it might be.

- Uhm, using the media to soften criticism shortly after the Kassian deal... :rolleyes: (after basically giving the media nothing as it was made).

Ha, last week i watched a very disinterested MG walk into a weekly media chat, look at certain media guys with obvious disdain and promptly announce "okay Farhan, let's go..." And promptly answer with not quite snide comments, but was clearly speaking down to him for asking a Lou question. Hey it was day 4 after CBA; but it was the biggest story going in the league at the moment.

MG is clearly trying to dictate the message, not let the media prompt what's going on or get satisfaction from it. And after all the "asking price is too high stories," he's pulling his version of trying to get ten first round pic's out of Lou?

Eklund, (I know, that's why it is in this thread), thinks Lu is going to the Stars. Package for Benn??

Gillis is certainly muckin with the media lately.

- Announcing the Edler signing via tweet; no presser, no leaks to the media for a big story...

- Giving TO, and by default their media, crap for trying to use the media to lower the asking price. He also made clear mention they were "interested," gotta make Reimer feel good?

- Now stirring up the media with a controversy over who it might be.

- Uhm, using the media to soften criticism shortly after the Kassian deal... :rolleyes: (after basically giving the media nothing as it was made).

Ha, last week i watched a very disinterested MG walk into a weekly media chat, look at certain media guys with obvious disdain and promptly announce "okay Farhan, let's go..." And promptly answer with not quite snide comments, but was clearly speaking down to him for asking a Lou question. Hey it was day 4 after CBA; but it was the biggest story going in the league at the moment.

MG is clearly trying to dictate the message, not let the media prompt what's going on or get satisfaction from it. And after all the "asking price is too high stories," he's pulling his version of trying to get ten first round pic's out of Lou?

TEAM Radio@TEAM1040