The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

MIN will already have serious CAP issues going into next season. In fact, they will likely have to buy out Heatley to become cap compliant. I don't think they have the cap room to even consider this trade. The only reason they would do this is for a 1 year cup run (this year), but the buyout on Lu would be huge?! You'd have to be crazy to.... ok wait a second... we're talking Leipold!

I certainly think so. With Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Handzus, and Desjardins, why would they need another center? And their main team weakness is obviously in net - Niemi simply isn't getting it done for them.

Marleau's cap hit is a bit high (6.9 this year and next), and he has a full NMC. However, I could definitely foresee a deal for Pavelski.

Luongo + Raymond

- for -

Pavelski + Niemi (+ pick?)

Cap hits almost identical.

Dude your usually dead on with your analysis but I think the blame is pretty equal. Edler was clearly beat on that play. As a defensemen you try to drive a player outside forcing them behind the net. You never let a player drive to your net with the possibility of cutting in front of the net. But I agree that is also a goal that the goalie should stop. It was a damn impressive shot though to roof it top shelf with that amount of space going at that speed.

However I think both are equally to blame.

Interesting.

What does this have to do with Gomez though. They could go ahead and make this trade right away. MG said the other team has to do something with another one of their players. To me it sounds like the other team need to move a player before consummating the trade.

Archived