The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I'm almost certain Lu is going to the Sharks, and probably today.

1) Gillis wouldn't have said what he did about "waiting on a player" unless it was immediately pending. Gomez has been with the Sharks for days now, and the contract was basically inevitable.

2) Sharks have a TON of centers: Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Handzus, Desjardins...now Gomez?

3) Niemi hasn't been getting it done for them at all. Goaltending is their #1 weakness.

4) Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle aren't getting any younger. They have to go for it this year and next.

5) Sharks have a good team - no reason Lu wouldn't want to go there.

My guess is Pavelski, Niemi, and a pick/prospect for Luongo and Raymond. Cap hits are a wash.

yes

i am goalie bot

i must stop every shot

i read goalie texbooks

i stop even crazy snipes because i am textbook perfect

i am goalie bot

please increase my rebound control now that you have more experience points

lmao

blame? the shot was the kind of shot maybe stamkos, crosby, malkin and ovechkin can pull off...and eberle did

read what you said at the every end "damn impressive shot....at that speed, angle etc"

Anyone who's played competitive hockey, you know what their reaction was to that highight reel goal? Holy crap what a snipe.

Canucks fans, who do nothing other than play ps3 and have never competed on the ice and only know how to critisize- "oh his shoulders weren't square" (aka - "thats what I hear all the pundits saying..so i'll repeat it")

Wow...as I said goal 2 sure...goal 1...umm wake up

1) Gillis wouldn't have said what he did about "waiting on a player" unless it was immediately pending. Gomez has been with the Sharks for days now, and the contract was basically inevitable.

2) Sharks have a TON of centers: Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Handzus, Desjardins...now Gomez?

3) Niemi hasn't been getting it done for them at all. Goaltending is their #1 weakness.

4) Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle aren't getting any younger. They have to go for it this year and next.

My guess is Pavelski, Niemi, and a pick/prospect for Luongo and Raymond. Cap hits are a wash.

I feel the same way. Why would he do this now..

1. He's attempting to take heat off the team after back to back losses. He has changed the narrative until Calgary game on Wednesday.

2. Gillis is attempting to raise Luongo's value.

3. MG is telling the truth.

I think the most likely scenario is #1.

It's not that we really need Ward that's why I want him, it's that GM would want us to take him as part of package. We would have to take back a bit of salary. MoJo is 22 years old in his EL contract.

MoJo + 1st for Luongo is not going to happen. That is asking for too much.

Oates is preaching an up tempo game. They may want a speedy guy like Raymond.

In a star player trade I don't recall the last time it was not a package deal. I am 100% certain that there will be other player(s) going along with Lu.

Having said the above about Ward I think he would help with some size and grit. Also had a pretty good playoff with NSH 2 years ago. Need a guy who can rise to the occasion when chips are down.

Pavelski is a UFA after next season. Both would be short term players. Clowe for 1 season >> Pavelski for two seasons.

The fact that he's a UFA after this season just means we would have to get a better pick or prospect back.

Clowe is exactly the type of playoff player this team has been lacking. He was way more value to us then Pavelski.

Um did you not read my post? I was actually supporting that it wasn't all Loungo's fault and that Edler shared equal blame. I was telling all the people who put the blame on Loungo that it wasn't entirely his fault. I also stated it was an incredible shot. But Loungo was not square to the shot and with 3 seconds left in the period, that's goal you need to save. He was off tilt and had his shoulder slumped. But as I stated that shot should not have been there in the first place. Please read the actual post before just coming up with random attempts at insults and respond a little bit more maturely instead of throwing around insults about video games. Just because someone disagrees with your assessment does not mean they don't know anything about hockey.

460x.jpg

Archived