The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Gardiner is cleared to play and will be in the line up for tomorrow nights game against the Pens. I know I'm diein' of suspense that Gillis is gonna make the biggest mistake of his GM career, an even bigger faux pas then when he gave away Cody Hodgson for a pylon like Kassian!!!!!! You don't trade away the biggest asset (Lu) to ever hit your club or ever will!!! Rookie GM move who is highly over rated!!!.....

Listen back!!!

What do you expect him to say? Ah ya, I could never have stopped that puck oh well...he's just better than me...No one is saying he played it perfectly...

But if you're not smart enough to look at that shot and realize very few players in the NHL can pull that off in that tight a spot...oh well..

Perhaps you need to not only learn to "listen" as you put it...but also 'see'

Gardiner is cleared to play and will be in the line up for tomorrow nights game against the Pens. I know I'm diein' of suspense that Gillis is gonna make the biggest mistake of his GM career, an even bigger faux pas then when he gave away Cody Hodgson for a pylon like Kassian!!!!!! You don't trade away the biggest asset (Lu) to ever hit your club or ever will!!! Rookie GM move who is highly over rated!!!.....

According to Doug McLean, Mike Gillis is "making this up". The only two legitimate trading partners are Toronto and Florida.

Of course, this is the same guy who said that Luongo to Toronto was a done deal as soon as the lockout ended....

Gillis did what he did yesterday to add pressure to some of the goalies on the hot seat. The more they faulter the better Luongo looks.

If this is the reason why he made that comment yesterday, it's pure genius.

The media will be all over the Flyers tomorrow on theire goaltending and same to be said about Florida and Washington.

Let the games begin and who will react first.

MG wants to get a trade for Luo done, said tonight one was close to being done and me I hope this is true and gets done.TSN's rather bad hockey experts Dregger&Bob both should respect what GM's say and not try to force MG to take nothing for Luo if they wanted to send him to TML's.I sure hope the deal gets done cause it would make them seem rather dumb for saying what they have all along.I have no respect for Bob and Dregger I am loseing faith in.Luo is worth more then they say and think.I wish Luo the best where he ends up but we should get what we are asking for him as he is one of the best in the league.

MG wants to get a trade for Luo done, said tonight one was close to being done and me I hope this is true and gets done.TSN's rather bad hockey experts Dregger&Bob both should respect what GM's say and not try to force MG to take nothing for Luo if they wanted to send him to TML's.I sure hope the deal gets done cause it would make them seem rather dumb for saying what they have all along.I have no respect for Bob and Dregger I am loseing faith in.Luo is worth more then they say and think.I wish Luo the best where he ends up but we should get what we are asking for him as he is one of the best in the league.

Thats just it he did not say was on TV and TSN jumped all over it saying No deal is close.MG doesn't want to say as TML's and TSN thnk they are the only team wanting LUO and we are asking to much!Dregger and Bob and all at TSN are just idiots thinking they are the only ones,hope we trade Luo where he will be happy and we get what he is worth and that it isnt to toronna make me laughs!

Have to remember TSN Dregger is related to Leafs GM, and with TSN being Toronto's hockey media and fans, they don't want Toronto to overpay. TSN has no inside info with the Canucks and the guys at TSN don't seem to like that, add in Gillis releasing info before TSN "insiders" even catch wind of it, whens the last time they had any info on the Canucks?.... if you guessed when DN was GM and ended when Gillis became GM you'd be right. With BMac tweet tonight, I'd love it if Luongo was traded tonight to Caps or Flyers.

If Luongo goes to the Caps watch out Eastern teams and then whats Toronto going to do when their goaltending sucks?

Archived