The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

ugh my know it all boss is a leafs fan. I just get to work today and he's already in my face "luongo for hemsky, luongo for hemsky". I immediately show my discomfort with the trade and all he says is why. this is coming from the same guy who chips me Monday morning saying what happened to your canucks. like not everyone can play the worst team.in the leave dood like frack you beat the pk less montreal woooo. I try to smack some sense into him by asking him how the laffs will fare against malkin and co."they've surprised Pittsburgh before"... are you kidding me.

ugh my know it all boss is a leafs fan. I just get to work today and he's already in my face "luongo for hemsky, luongo for hemsky". I immediately show my discomfort with the trade and all he says is why. this is coming from the same guy who chips me Monday morning saying what happened to your canucks. like not everyone can play the worst team.in the leave dood like frack you beat the pk less montreal woooo. I try to smack some sense into him by asking him how the laffs will fare against malkin and co."they've surprised Pittsburgh before"... are you kidding me.

I think the Mystery Team may be the NJD, with Brodeur and Hedberg all over 40 this coming May, they need a solid top 10 Goalie. Signing Zajac long term may be sign of shuffling Center. They have Josefson who plays a similar role with Henrique, there's a deal to be made there.

Here's more of my reasoning: http://nhlpa.wordpre...go-trade-rumor/

Laich is waay better than Malhotra. Don't know what you're talking about. Character guy who is apparently a great leader.

He'd likely replace Booth next season.

And as for Brouwer being a former Hawk. Who cares? The guy's from Vancouver, and would give us the depth of a real cup contender.

The only reason New Jersey may have been interested is if Brodeur look like he lost a significant step in the long offseason. The shutout he posted last night against Philly suggests otherwise.

Capitals definitely have potential. Holtby has been shaky, and neither him nor Neuvirth have proven anything. A veteran to help groom them would be nice. Laich is on IR with a strained groin, so that could be the 'issue' that the Canucks are waiting on.

Any one else find it weird that Benn still hasn't re-signed in Dallas yet...he's also from BC and according to reports, Dallas has contacted Van about Luongo.....interesting. Of course I doubt Dallas would give up Benn easily but still seems like an awful coincidence. My thoughts are Benn has asked for a trade. Anyway what would we have to give up for benn???

Any one else find it weird that Benn still hasn't re-signed in Dallas yet...he's also from BC and according to reports, Dallas has contacted Van about Luongo.....interesting. Of course I doubt Dallas would give up Benn easily but still seems like an awful coincidence. My thoughts are Benn has asked for a trade. Anyway what would we have to give up for benn???

The following players have been added to the injury/unavailable list today, for "undisclosed" reasons:

Florida Panthers: Erik Gubrandson, Sean Bergenheim, and Marcel Goc

New York Islanders: Josh Bailey, Lubomir Visnovsky, and Jesse Joensuu

This could be nothing...but on the other hand, that reeks of two potential Luongo trades on the table, with MG to make his decision today. I like them both, but give the edge to Florida.

The following players have been added to the injury/unavailable list today, for "undisclosed" reasons:

Florida Panthers: Erik Gubrandson, Sean Bergenheim, and Marcel Goc

New York Islanders: Josh Bailey, Lubomir Visnovsky, and Jesse Joensuu

This could be nothing...but on the other hand, that reeks of two potential Luongo trades on the table, with MG to make his decision today. I like them both, but give the edge to Florida.

Archived