The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

No kidding, I'm not a big fan of Bozak (being a pending UFA who probably wants too big a raise next year for what he actually brings) and Gardiner's great but not very physical and dealing with a concussion, but it'd be hard to ask for more than that considering Toronto's prospects.

Wonder if Florida would do this?

Luongo + Connauton + pick for

Ellerby + Matthias + Clemmensen + pick

I like Ellerby. He could be one of those late blooming shut down D-men, and you have to love his size.

Probably more likely to be

Luongo + Connauton + pick for

Bozak + Franson + Reimer + pick

Problem is Franson has been called the friendly giant, not using his size. However, he had good defensive +- in Nashville. Even on Toronto last year his +- wasn't terrible. BTW I'm not trying to give Connauton away, but I think someone else has to be in the deal, and we have little else to offer from the farm that is close to ready.

Your issue is that you're simply not accepting reality. Ebbett has more points, a better plus/minus ranking, and in less games played than Schroeder. Ebbett also has NHL experience - once a very effective PP player in Anaheim - and (believe it or not) has the size advantage.

There is literally nothing substantive supporting your argument that Schroeder is more deserving than Ebbett. You're simply banking on the fact that he has 1st round pedigree, so he must therefore be good. Schroeder has not given enough evidence that he is ready to be in the NHL.

You want the honest truth?

I simply did not elaborate on what I meant by Kesler being out. Either you accept my clarification of that statement or you don't and continue on attacking a position I've never personally held in my mind. I don't always type out my entire thought on a subject (especially in such a brief post). Do you care to discuss my position of where the Oilers are in their trajectory (which I've already expanded on) or do you insist painting me into a corner where the walls are not the parameters I meant with my initial post?

I have no time to argue a position I don't believe.

You're saying Bozak, Gardiner, and a 1st isn't enough?

I think he meant he was speechless because it would be a good deal.

I think that deal would be perfect for what we need. We need a second line center to fill in for Kesler while he's out. We need a number 6/7 defenseman who could potentially replace Edler in the future if he walks. And the 1st round pick would just be a cherry on top.

You're saying Bozak, Gardiner, and a 1st isn't enough?

I think he meant he was speechless because it would be a good deal.

I think that deal would be perfect for what we need. We need a second line center to fill in for Kesler while he's out. We need a number 6/7 defenseman who could potentially replace Edler in the future if he walks. And the 1st round pick would just be a cherry on top.

Umm that was my point?

1. You said the leafs are giving up on him

2. the IMPLICATION and clear result of that is what i have said all along - that he is not good enough.

3. Since you agree the leafs are giving up on him when even hockey experts at tsn agree one of their two biggest holes is at center and he can't make that sqaud.

4. Why in the world do you think he is so great and want him?. lol

You proved MY point with your comment. Your logic is completely flawed.

Really kids, need to learn a bit more reading comprehension, getting tired of having to draw the map for simple conclusions...

Whitney can be their Campbell (#3/#4 Dman). Versteeg, sorry but Hall is already better and Hemsky is still there so forget Versteeg. Burish? Dime a dozen. Byfuglien? The guy who destroyed Luongo's crease? They have Ryan Smyth who does that as well as Holmstrom (who's better at it than Buff).

Seabrook, Hossa, Ladd. Those are the three pieces they are currently missing from Cup victory and Ladd will be the hardest find if Klefbom pans out. Incidentily, I said the Oilers are at the 07/08 Blackhawk stage (that could surprise in a shortened season with a Kesler-less Canucks team). Guess who didn't join the Hawks until 2009-2010 (two years later)? Marian Hossa.

That leaves Ladd & Seabrook.

Well ofcourse in 4 years he could turn out to be a great player , perhaps win the Cup by then.

That's what I was saying originally about the Oilers being good enough to win a Cup in few years, not this year or next.

You are saying they are close and will win the division this year and The Stanley Cup next year.

lol

1. Yeah I have they continue to hold him down and it would just be better for them to trade him now while his value is still high and watch him breakout elsewhere.

2. You logic is so contradicting it's a joke. You say it makes no sense for the Leafs to trade Kadri since they need a #1 center, which Kadri isn't the answer to anyways so it doesn't make sense. THEN you say he will be a career AHLer so how does it matter if the leafs trade him or not since you don't think he will ever fill that need? your logic is plain contradicting and stupid.

3. Ties in with #2^

4. Cause he has a high skill level, is NHL ready, can play wing, can could fit on our 2nd line, especially now that there are 2 holes on it Wing and Center. And if not he is still only 22, has high upside IMO (You obviously don't share that view) And our prospect pool is the weakest part of our organization, adding him would give much needed quality.

Your little chirp really hurt, I think I'm gunna go cry myself to sleep.

I'll leave your misrepresentation of my position in your post, ignore it and answer the Schultz/Keith question.

In '07/'08 Keith was two years older than Schultz is now but offensively Schultz is way ahead of Keith's development (by at least a year if not two imo), and he's had four years of great defensive coaching from Mike Eaves so at worst I see him as being behind Keith's trajectory by a year max (in terms of play at the same age).

That might push my trajectory back a year and instead of barely missing in '12/'13, conference finals in '13/'14, and Cup in '14/'15, it could be conference finals '14/'15 and Cup in '15/'16. Either way it's a scary proposition giving a conference rival like Edmonton an asset we all agree that we will not receive qual value for.

Send him East please.

Fair enough. It was simply poor communication on my part, imo. I'm not sure if you've been married or in a LTR but if you have than you know all about how things said externally don't necessary convey entirely what's being thought internally.

Archived