The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

adater ‏@adater

Quote:

Just heard what everyone else heard: Flyers are now players in Luongo hunt. #gameon

james duthie‏@tsnjamesduthie

Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo.

That makes Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Edmonton, Chicago, Boston (if you believe Eklund) and now Philly as all in for Luongo. Courtier and Coburn for Luongo!

james duthie@tsnjamesduthie

Doesn't mean they are going to get him. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll make an offer. But they've inquired. Could buy out Bryz in June.

Makes the glasses seem more less half full now, if they buyout Bryz in june then let's look at it long and hard and see what they are willing to give, but right now I don't see it.

I would take the Kadri deal over the Bozak deal.

Kadri can play on the 2nd until Kes returns, and Bozak isn't really much of an improvement on Lappierre in my opinon, it's not worth taking him over the great value and future value Kadri brings.

Personally if we are going for a Rental from the leafs I would much rather McArthur than Bozak (Yes Clarke can play RW), We have a few guys capable of playing in the third line role (Lappy, Manny, maybe even JS), but no one is proven that they can fill the 2nd RW spot aside from maybe Higgins who fits alot better on the 3rd.

Just for this example I'll use Lappy in the 3C spot.

I Would much rather:

Booth - Kesler - McArthur

Higgins - Lappierre - Hansen

Than:

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Bozak - Hansen

adater ‏@adater

Quote:

Just heard what everyone else heard: Flyers are now players in Luongo hunt. #gameon

james duthie‏@tsnjamesduthie

Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo.

That makes Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Edmonton, Chicago, Boston (if you believe Eklund) and now Philly as all in for Luongo. Courtier and Coburn for Luongo!

Wow a bit of a shock to me, I still think it is unlikely though, the target would be something they don't want to part and I'm not interested in Talbot+ prospect/1st (If they even have any interesting prospects other than Laughton)

Not even all that interested in Talbot we have the same thing in Lappy and aside from that they won't give us Simmonds, Voracek, Couturier, Schenn exc. Then a buyout is much nicer said than done.

It adds some optimism that maybe there is a greater market with more possbilities but I don't see much of a fit myself.

Archived