The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

:lol: Surprised you haven't been banned yet honestly, although I'm fine with it, CDC needs some comic relief.

I'll clearify my stance on these issue's one more time, cause im sure everyone is getting tired of seeing you throw your key board at the wall.

1. What I said was, Kadri potentially has the skillset & can play the position to fill a hole for us, & if he doesn't that's fine he is only 22 and would still be an excellent addition to our prospect pool.

2. Well that's your feeling cause your bias against him, whether you want to admit it or not it is clear since you don't really bring and logic as to why he can't play in the NHL other than that "he can't make the leafs" none of it has to do with assessing his game and potential.

3. Good then there isn't an arguement on this.

4. This is kinda beside the point, I wasn't picking at the goaltending being fine, a star goalie like Lu would be more beneficial to them than a 1st line center IMO.

5. Well they have enough players to fill the 2nd and 3rd lines, I don't see where he factors in, and even with that when he has played there an shown some promise they still sent him down, they don't have a lack of centers they just have a lack of a #1 center which has a trickle down affect and hurts the rest of there line-up. If they had a top line center Grabovski and Bozak would be #2 and #3 which are both good center's in those spots.

6. this is kind if repetitive, I never said he would take that spot for sure, again I said he has the skillset to do so & can play the position we need, he could potentially do it, if not then it isn't a failed acquisition as he is still young with plenty of time to develop. Also they don't have a lack of offensive players IMO they have a bunch of underpreforming players, and they don't have a lack at center just a lack of a #1 center which as stated before cripples the line-up due to a trickle down affect.

If your just going to take a sledge hammer to your keyboard don't reply, people wanna have a discussion, not see your cap locked posts, or even my replies to them for that matter.

If dealing with Holmgren, send cheaper young D alongside Luongo. Working with the theory that Roberto plays better anyways with a looser D, more shots against. Also ideal for Philly's cap-crunch.

Something like Luongo, Connaughton, Sauve for-

Simmonds, Coutourier & a 1st?

...This is where a bidding-war may lead to.

Yeah as someone else said they like him more than B.Schenn, also I wouldn't really be interested in trading Both Luongo and Edler seeing as they won't give a quality defensemen back.

I would rather sign Edler myself, than get Wayne Simmonds or have to overpay for Brayden Schenn.

Yes a 22 old is a bust cause he hasn't locked down a roster spot, if the entire league followed that logic I'm sure most of the star players wouldn't be in the NHL rather they would be in Europe since they would have been labelled a bust far to early and been given up on. The Sedins, Zetterberg & Datsyuk are a few that come to mind.

Archived