The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Luongo has been a huge part of our team and the success we've had.

The only way this deal will be considered a win is if we get a player that becomes a big part of this team going forward IMO.

No short term solutions or desperation deals. This deal should have a huge impact on the future of the team. (In a good way hopefully)

Maybe that is one of many reasons the axe came down on Burke today. More and more teams are showing a real interest in Luongo and the price that Burke was willing to pay was not going to get it done anymore. I also think with this shortened season there are teams (owners) very desperate to make the playoffs so they can try and recover some of the revenues lost during the lockout. Teams like Florida Toronto Edmonton ect..

Did the lockout boost Luongos trade value?

When did I compare them?

I said they are examples of team not giving up in there development at 22, and them turning out to fulfill there potential. Just like the prediciment Kadri seems to be in.

You just read whatever you want whatever way you want, dodge everything that makes you look bad and always made a snappy reply, with no real logic besides what you see at face value, you have to break things down and consider variables and dynamics and things when you made decisions or else there is a good chance you could make a big mistake you don't see coming.

I think your the one that has been taking those trips down south, can we just end this though, you are hell-bent against accepting anything beyond face value coupled with the stigma of him being apart of the Leafs, so there is really no point in arguing.

For the present, Bozak would fit this teams needs more than Kadri IMO.

Bozak can be a bandaid on the second line while Kesler is out, and then can drop down and be a much more suitable third liner. I don't think Kadri brings what we need for the playoffs. At least not yet.

As for the future, I think Gaunce will be a solid third liner in a few years. And for the time being, I think Schroeder is just as capable of filling in as Kadri would be. Both are softer sklled players.

And I think a 1st or 2nd round pick would have to be added, because Bozak adds less value to the trade considering he's a pending UFA.

Archived