• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

3,456 posts in this topic

Btw, to all my detractors (Smashian Kassian), a few days ago/week or so I stated Philly/Washington/Islanders could be interested and many laughed at the thought bc of Bryz.

Wow, I guess I do get it...lol.

Luongo has been a huge part of our team and the success we've had.

The only way this deal will be considered a win is if we get a player that becomes a big part of this team going forward IMO.

No short term solutions or desperation deals. This deal should have a huge impact on the future of the team. (In a good way hopefully)

I think your the one that has been taking those trips down south, can we just end this though, you are hell-bent against accepting anything beyond face value coupled with the stigma of him being apart of the Leafs, so there is really no point in arguing.

Maybe that is one of many reasons the axe came down on Burke today. More and more teams are showing a real interest in Luongo and the price that Burke was willing to pay was not going to get it done anymore. I also think with this shortened season there are teams (owners) very desperate to make the playoffs so they can try and recover some of the revenues lost during the lockout. Teams like Florida Toronto Edmonton ect..

Did the lockout boost Luongos trade value?

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Luongo rumors: "That made me chuckle. Safe to say they aren't true. They have no basis or merit."

GM's lie all the time so take it for what its worth. And let's stop dreaming.. we aren't getting Couturier guys.

Why bother debating with someone who caps lock's, exclamation points every other post and consistenly ends sentences with "boyee" or "lol"?

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Luongo rumors: "That made me chuckle. Safe to say they aren't true. They have no basis or merit."

GM's lie all the time so take it for what its worth. And let's stop dreaming.. we aren't getting Couturier guys.

When did I compare them?

I said they are examples of team not giving up in there development at 22, and them turning out to fulfill there potential. Just like the prediciment Kadri seems to be in.

You just read whatever you want whatever way you want, dodge everything that makes you look bad and always made a snappy reply, with no real logic besides what you see at face value, you have to break things down and consider variables and dynamics and things when you made decisions or else there is a good chance you could make a big mistake you don't see coming.

I think your the one that has been taking those trips down south, can we just end this though, you are hell-bent against accepting anything beyond face value coupled with the stigma of him being apart of the Leafs, so there is really no point in arguing.

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Based solely because Kesler is injured - Bozak and Gardiner.

But - getting Kadri and Gardiner would be just a coup for the Canucks.

For the present, Bozak would fit this teams needs more than Kadri IMO.

Bozak can be a bandaid on the second line while Kesler is out, and then can drop down and be a much more suitable third liner. I don't think Kadri brings what we need for the playoffs. At least not yet.

As for the future, I think Gaunce will be a solid third liner in a few years. And for the time being, I think Schroeder is just as capable of filling in as Kadri would be. Both are softer sklled players.

And I think a 1st or 2nd round pick would have to be added, because Bozak adds less value to the trade considering he's a pending UFA.

Exactly.

Couturier is going nowhere, I doubt Schenn is either, or Voracek, Simmonds might be had but we would have to overpay in that deal too, I don't a good trading partner.

Either way, the flyers are a mess right now. Injuries on D and flakey goaltending. I would be surprised if hey didn't do soemthing.

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Bryzgalov, 2011-12: 33-16-7, .909 SVP, 2.48 GAA, 6 SO

Luongo, 2011-12: 31-14-8, .919 SVP, 2.41 GAA, 5 SO

Look familiar?