• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Smashian, you jump in and argue and yet you hadn't really thought about what I was saying - nor did you really listen. The Ilses owe Dipietro 36 million over 8 seasons. The cost of buying him out is $24 million (not 36 - and not 28). The cap hit also disappears. The Canucks essentially buy those picks. The question becomes what a first round pick is worth in $ - not a conventional question, but the fact is that things have changed, and there will in all likelihood be deals of this nature. Perhaps you should wait and see how the landscape has changed before you flame away.

If both were possible I take Kadri and let him develop with kassian. We can get by with arnott or another small trade if need be. Kids got great talent and we don't have anyone with high end potential. Whether you believe in him or not.

Bozak gives us an immediate bandaid but is really nothing special, where as Kadri has the top end potential to be. Not the ideal high potential prospect like huberdeau or nothing, but it's better than praying for Schroeder to be the next St. Louis lol

maybe they can send kadri to skating lessons at the burnaby winter club while he's in vancouver.

phaneuf won't fit anywhere in our lineup. he'd be on the 3rd pairing, like ballard with a bigger contract.

you gave three names as players that could have been given up on

again by logic, one infers you are comparing the three to kadri - this is a FACT

if you were not comparing them, why did you use their names? hmm..therefore comparing

please don't attempt to write your lsat or go to law school, or do anything mathematically inclined, you will fail miserably.

your mind doesn't work very logically, that is clear, you can't understand even your own comparisons/inferences.

Fetch us less? Let him play five games and he'll earn his rightful starting job back. Then Gillis can come to reality and trade Schneider.

Trading him already would be the biggest mistake.

I don't care if Lu goes to Toronto for Gardiner and two first picks... and chokes in t.o. and we c Schneider win 10 back to back cups and vezinas in the future. It's simply not the right choice to give the reigns of a team expectimg to compete for a cup to a guy who hasn't played a full season as a starter.

Yes. Precisely.

Here's how you make Phaneuf fit.

You give the Leafs what he is worth - a mid level prospect.

They retain half of his cap his and pay half of his salary.

He then might make sense where he belongs - at 3.25 million and on the third pairing.

Meh - forget it - still don't want the guy.

I don't know if Gillis wants to add another $4m winger (although Simmonds would be great w/ the twins - a speedy, physical version of Anson Carter that drops the gloves).

Yes. Precisely.

Here's how you make Phaneuf fit.

You give the Leafs what he is worth - a mid level prospect.

They retain half of his cap his and pay half of his salary.

He then might make sense where he belongs - at 3.25 million and on the third pairing.

Meh - forget it - still don't want the guy.

I get what you are saying.

I just can't understand how it would be beneficial to them to destroy there future that they are working so hard to build towards, just to get rid of one bad contract that isn't a huge negative factor right now anyways since they aren't a contender.

Also your not taking into account the finacial situation in Long Island, as I said to someone else, Buyouts aren't as easy as they sound.

Owner's don't generally like doing it because is just paying for your mistakes as GM.

Oldnews, you let your Leaf hater blinders get in the way of some Leafs' actual value. I hope you're not serious about Phaneuf being worth a mid-level prospect.

Not gonna happen.

Fleury won the cup there - he is not going anywhere, anytime soon.

What was so funny about what I said? I basically called Simmonds a 35g 60pt grinding winger with speed that drops the gloves.

You can't just waive away ten points of save percentage. That's a huge difference.

I love to hear the Flyers rumours!

And can smell the Leaf desperation!!!

Luongo, Ballard,

Couturier, Coburn, 1st.

adater @adater

Canucks would like to get Nicklas Grossman in any trade for Luongo. Unclear if Philly will go that far