Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I think

Raymond

Luongo

for

Kadri

Gardiner

It's a pretty fair deal, of course whether it happens would be a totally different story but here is what i think. Kadri is unproven so far and despite being drafted in 2009 still hasn't been able to properly crack the leafs line up. I remembering seeing some speculation on tsn that the leafs were unsure of what they had with kadri and were keeping him in the minors in order to keep his trade value high, if he came up and had a even mediocre season his trade value would plummet. Compared to raymond who did come off a big injury but at his best can still be a 40 point scorer and would be a good fit on the 2nd line wing for the leafs. Kadri also has a cap hit of 1.72m which in imo is a lot for a player that hasn't even played 30 nhl games.

Lu for Gardiner I think Lu is worth more straight up for this that being said if the canucks do acquire him, for this season we'd have an absolutely stacked D core but then the questions about resigning edler in the off season would pop up. Though with gardiner it would give the canucks the option to buyout or trade ballard and since gardiner still has 2 years left on his entry level contract edler would be able to signed in the off season and with the money freed up from ballard and moving luongo it would open up the ability to resign edler and any other players between now and the end of next season.

Since our center problem still wouldn't be solved I think signing arnott and then finding a veteran back up to back schneids would give us the best chance at the cup this season.

Of course I think it might be a little farfetched but one can dream :D

For the record, I also noticed Nonis' "pending transaction" remark - there's probably something to it.

One thing that company's often do, when implementing a new CEO, is deliberately perform worse right before the new CEO starts, and then have the new CEO do something great to begin his tenure, so everyone thinks he/she is some sort of wizard that will take the company to new heights. Wouldn't surprise me if something like that is happening right now. Deal almost complete, new GM swoops in and makes sure it gets done. Nonis is suddenly off to a great start with the fans (50% of them, anyway).

“@DarrenDreger: Luongo rumor to Toronto won't fade. Burke wanted him bad and Nonis will push as well, but Canucks insist other teams are in play.”

@DarrenDreger: Canucks want quality return for Lou and can see him working well with Schneider throughout the shortened season if right deal isn't there.

I'd rather have a Luongo-Schneider tandem than trade Luongo for prospects and picks. We need a solid return NOW that will help us win a cup this season or there's no point trading a superstar.

If these Philly rumours are true, oh baby...

Luongo and Malhotra for Couturier and Coburn

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Couturier - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Weise

Edler - Garrison

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Coburn - Tanev

Ballard

Alberts

Schneider

UFA goalie

If I could choose anyone to trade with it would be Philly. I would be willing to part ways with Edler also so we can get more talent in return. I don't think we will be able to re-sign him anyways. If we are able to get young talent in the trade than we can trade our 1st rounder for another d-man.

Archived