Lu+raymond for Gardiner+1st+3rd

Gardiner+Edler for Both Schenns, Leighton, 3rd

Edler= L Schenn+Leighton+3rd

Lu= B Schenn+1st

Raymond= 3rd

Get our backups

Get our RHD

Get our 2/3 center

get 3 picks we can use to play around at trade deadline.

Yeah the guy I argue with non-stop.

I do think he will get us a solid return, & toronto will benefit big time from getting him. with Nonis I could see: Kadri, Frattin/Biggs, 1st. And under the circumstances that's pretty good IMO, better than what is being speculated about by all the media and alot of fans.

Yes, the irony.

Where is King? Did you wear him out?

Kadri, Biggs, and a 1st you say?

Interesting.

That would be a 7th overall pick, another first round pick who's the Leafs best forward prospect, and yet another first round pick.

Aren't you the authority who is always first in - 'they'd-never-do-that'...

Well let's look at this proposal.

They're really big on Biggs. Bigger than the Isles on Nelson, that is for certain. And the Leafs are much, much harder up for prospects.

They'll never trade another 1st, they learned their lesson in the Kessel deal (could turn out to be a Seguin, Hamilton - or even worse, Reilly, the next #1 d-man! lol).

Sound familiar?

You're like the jekyll/hyde version of King.

I can't believe TSN actually called Vancouver a goalie graveyard.

Sure we haven't had great luck with goalies here in the past, but what have the Leafs done exactly to not be a goalie graveyard?

And now they're begging for one of ours? I really hope Lu doesn't go to Toronto.

Yeah maybe it isn't perfect, I didn't say it was a done deal. But I find it funny you are so hard on it after proposing 2 very lopsided deals.

Coburn, Simmonds, Couturier for Lu, JS and Ballard then that NYI trade is disgustingly lopsided.

Burke was high on Biggs cause he is American, gritty and big and all that buligerence crab, but Nonis obviously covets Luongo a bit more than Burke so perhaps he would part with him, by all accounts Kadri is in play, and I am not sure yet whether Nonis is willing to part with the first, although there is no chance that it will be a top 5 pick again unless some unforseen disaster happens, Luongo will surely get them into the playoffs and around the 20th overall range, I also find it funny you backup Lu's value non-stop then you say that they won't trade it just incase it is another top 5 or 10 pick.

It seems like sometimes Lu's value is sky high in your mind and other's it is at what King thinks, just decide.

I didn't realize you would be so "butt hurt" over me criticizing unrealistic trades, as I said I agree with alot of other things you say but I criticize alot of other people for terrible trades so It's only fair to criticize people I agree with sometimes aswell or else I'm spot picker, and i'm contradicting myself, and I don't like doing/being either.

Luongo Ballard

Okposo, Hamonic, Nelson

Your proposal:

Luongo

Biggs, Kadri (who you're evidently taken quite a shine to) and a 1st

Okposo and Kadri - both #7 overall picks.

Biggs a 1st - Hamonic a 2nd.

Nelson a 1st - a 1st.

I've added Ballard - to a team that desperately needs a veteran blueliner.

The second part of my proposal:

Dipietro,

2 1sts, Pokka

Insert any team or marginal asset here - it makes no difference.

What do you think it will cost the Isles to sell off their $36 million debt to Dipietro / $24 million buyout?

What will be the cost of trying to keep him?

You missed the point on both accounts Smashian.

First, I wasn't being hard on your proposal - I was responding to it in the way you consistently jump in and write off pretty much instantly what are actually comparable deals. I don't think that it's actually a bad proposal - I'm not interested in Kadri and would substitutes someone else, but criticizing the value you assessed was not my point. It was more of a mirroring thing.

You also missed the point of muppets, which is unfortunate. There was nothing butt hurt about that post. Don't take being rick rolled the wrong way. It's ok. Just pay it forward.

What will the cost be to keep Luongo and Ballard? Far more than to keep Dipietro. Even Lu alone is worse for there cap & salary situation than Dipietro, even Ballard is close to what Dipietro makes.

Okposo > Kadri, the value for Okposo is far greater, Kadri has upside but his value is fading, I have no major love for Kadri I just don't understand why people don't give him a fair shot cause he's a Leaf, if he was our prospect alot of people would be all over him like they were with Cody.

I guess you don't understand, Hamonic is going to probably be a top pair defensemen for them if he isn't already and he is only 22, Biggs projects to be a 2nd or 3rd liner. an early-mid 1st doesn't make up for it really that pick would probably be around 10-15. If Toronto offered Biggs + 1st for Hamonic no chance NYI would accept unless Snow has been drinking insanely for 48 hours straight prior for the offer.

And it's one deal, u are just separating it to not look as bad, even then 2 1sts and a solid prospect like Pokka just to get rid of Dipietro look terrible.

Your deal looks alot worse than mine, I'm just saying. And if you don't think so just post it on HF Boards and see what NYI fans say.

Mine would obviously be turned down by them aswell, but I wouldn't get flamed like you, plus I never admitted it was a final deal seriously, I left it hanging in the idea that I said it prob wont get accepted.

How does it make his value higher, I said top 20 vs 20 I didn't say anything about top 40. My point was after about the top 15-20 the # of star goalies goes down, whereas for defensmen there are still plenty of top end defensemen.

If you think so then let's compare the value. Look beyond the top 20 in these two lists, even from 20-40 if you want, and tell me which list is more valuable.

Goalies: http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=640653

Defense: http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=640560

The guys on sportsnet said there's no way Nonis trades Gardiner for Luongo.

So it's looking like the best deal coming out of Toronto is Bozak, Kadri, and Gunnarsson according to the fourthperiod.

Time to start exploring options on other teams then.

Archived