The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

The Flyers owner probably has the deepest pockets out of any of the owners in the league. I really don't think money is an issue with him. Plus that that 25 million doesn't have to be paid in a lump sum I don't think.

I mean obviously an owner wouldn't be happy about it, but if a player becomes availble to them that gives them a better shot at winning, sometimes you bite the bullet.

But I do think they'll try and trade Bryzagalov before they try and buy him out, if that was the route they plan on going.

Philly

Luongo

Kulemin

Franson

Van

Couturier

Bozak

Tor

Bryzgalov

Raymond

Connaughton

Van 2nd

Philly 2nd

Philly gets an elite goalie, and more depth to their Offense and Defense with solid additions that will play their physical style. They lose Couturier, an unwanted Bryz and a 2nd to acquire

Van gets immense center depth for years to come ensuring with Jensen, Kassian, Couturier, Bozak, Gaunce, and Hansen make a physical top 9 to ensure our competitiveness.

Toronto lose Franson, Bozak, and Kulemin 2 of which were RFA and in exchange load up on picks and prospects, they get their goalie, have a replacement for Kulemin immediately and essentially can have Reilly replacing Franson this year.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Couturier Bozak Kassian

Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

Weise Ebbet Jensen/Gaunce

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Alberts Barker

Schneider

This is the kind of depth you need to win a cup.

As I understand the buy-out...it's two-thirds of the remaining value of the contract payable in instalments over twice the remaining term of said contract. It also does not count against the cap so for Snider, it is no big deal to buy-out Bryz if he decides to go after Lu. The only challenge is that he can't excute the buy-out until after the season is over.

Bozak had 47 pts in 73 games last year. He's only been in the league for 2.5 years. He's also great at both ends of the ice (can play both PP and PK). Explain how he's not an upgrade over Lappy.

I'm not saying that this is going to be the trade, but that is the value that Luongo is going to bring back with a trade with the Leafs.

I told them to get the hell outta there a few times.

I'm actually getting sick of all this Luongo stuff.

it's like eating to many yogart covered almonds you just want someone to take them away so the pain will stop but you have no control you must indulge.

wait till they announce the starting goalie on opening night.

It's just to dam much I am drowning

Lappierre IMO is a better fit for our 3rd line. Bozak was playing on the top line for most of the year and you know the kid of roll Kessel & Lupul were on. Prior than that he had 32 and 27 Points

He has issue's with consistentcy, Lappierre is bigger, skates just as well if not bigger, more reliable, better defensively and has chemistry on the 3rd line, if it was the 2nd line spot I would probably opt for the more offensive minded Bozak, but if Lappierre is the same player we saw last year and I don't see why he wouldn't be then I think he is the better fit for us, I wouldn't mind Bozak though he would add nice depth.

I think Bozak, Kadri, Franson, 2nd would be nice & pretty fair. Bozak, Kadri, 2nd is being tossed around from the Toronto side but I think we should try to get Franson too, as I said he struggled there & he wants out and doesn't have a contract right now so if we get him in it aswell since his value probably isn't all that high due to circumstances so we should push for it, adds alot of depth.

I don't think franson would be a good fit here. In Toronto it was reported he had issues with them not playing him. It's going to be even harder to crack our line up. Especially with tanev being so sound defensively. I really doubt he wants to be 7th defenseman here.

You're a very sexual person, aren't you? First I see your hj/bj comment, now you're talking about gonads.

Try this:

Take a shower, put on a nice shirt, two spritz of cologne, then go to a bar or club, try talking to some girls, see what happens.

I sense a lot of pent up tension.

You're a very sexual person, aren't you? First I see your hj/bj comment, now you're talking about gonads.

Try this:

Take a shower, put on a nice shirt, two spritz of cologne, then go to a bar or club, try talking to some girls, see what happens.

I sense a lot of pent up tension.

I'm too lazy to go back a couple pages to find the quote but to who said " if the flyers traded Couturier they would need a young player coming back" is just wrong.

Claude Giroux - 25

Brayden Schenn - 21

Luke Schenn - 23

Jakob Voracek- 23

Wayne Simmons - 23

Matt Read - 25

Eric Wellwood - 22

Zac Rinaldo - 22

Scott Laughton - 18

M.A Bourdon - 23

They are one if the few teams in the league that can afford to trade a Sean Couturier and not really be affected by it.

If Lu is willing to go to philly than I would say:

To philly

Luongo

Tanev

Schroeder

To Van

Couturier

Grossman

2nd

Philly gets Lu, a young dman, and a young c iin return..

Van gets COUTURIER, a good dman and a pick..

Philly could buyout, or trade Bryz after the season is over.. He wont mind being back up 2 an elite goaltender.. the guy seems out to lunch anyway..

We have Corrado in the future to take Tanevs place, and Gaunce to fill in 4 Schroeder..

I'm too lazy to go back a couple pages to find the quote but to who said " if the flyers traded Couturier they would need a young player coming back" is just wrong.

Claude Giroux - 25

Brayden Schenn - 21

Luke Schenn - 23

Jakob Voracek- 23

Wayne Simmons - 23

Matt Read - 25

Eric Wellwood - 22

Zac Rinaldo - 22

Scott Laughton - 18

M.A Bourdon - 23

They are one if the few teams in the league that can afford to trade a Sean Couturier and not really be affected by it.

Archived