• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Given how relaxed he seemed yesterday it really wouldn't surprise me if he was fully aware some kind of deal was already in place. I don't think we'll be seeing him around here for long.

Franson has decided to re-sign with the Laffs after having committed to playing the full season in the SEL. They must have moved a/the defenseman haha.

Perhaps bringing Lu to Van was just negotiation tactic. Gardiner or Rielly please.

If anything it's gotta be Ed Snider telling Holmgren that his demand of Bryzgalov was his own fault and he'd fix it by buying him out. What's $23m spread over 14 years, $1.65m per? That's peanuts to a guy like Snider especially if he knows it was his mistake after his entire management team advised him against the move prior.

King, you almost started making sense when you referred to Bozak as a better option than Kadri - but then you had to go and run down Lapierre, and here you are referring to Goc as a "floater"? You should reserve such comments until you have any clue whatsoever about the player you're talking about. A floater who is used as a defensive zone start center and still has a strong positive relative corsi lol. An actual floater would be the player whose tires you've been pumping because of OHL accollades, when the NHL evidence was patently obvious to all who paid attention.

On top of that, you're the guy who preaches about considering the other team's needs, and you're proposing Weiss - their veteran top line center. The Canucks in your opinion could never land a prospect like Bjugstad, and yet here you are wanting their #1 center, (who, by the way, will be sporting a cap hit of over 5 million.)

I don't think you should be calling anyone else's posts ridiculous King - and btw, you missed a piece in my 'ridiculous' proposal.

Me too. It's almost like he's getting a second wind in his career. His Twitter account is incredible, and the gimmick of him not admitting that it's him works. Completely different person than what he was when he first got here.

Wouldn't that be something if he were to get traded, get a Vezina, and/or a Cup. Wow. Would be pretty awesome.

Oh no, I "ran down" Lapierre. Were your feelings hurt? He is a Canuck, after all. Fact is that he takes a lot of stupid penalties, which means that his ice-time needs to be limited.

And you're now calling Hodgson a floater? :lol: OK. Did his "Hardest Working Player" award, as voted by the OHL coaches, tell you that one? With Goc, fact is that he was a 20th overall pick that really hasn't ever amounted to anything. He's basically just a body - kinda like what Sami Pahlsson was, who you inexplicably think had such an effective run as a Canuck, so I guess it's not surprising that you're interested. Bring up all the obscure, meaningless stats that you can to try and validate your claim, fact is that Marcel Goc would not have a material impact on this team. Can I make a guess and assume that you were also in favor of the Marco Sturm signing, when it happened? How was his CORSI score?

As for Weiss, sure, he's their top C, but it's also widely known that negotiations aren't going well between the two. To make sure that another Bouwmeester doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved. The chance of Weiss being a Panther for the 2013-14 season, anyway, and beyond, is probably low, so it becomes logical for them to trade him. And besides, they've got the great Nick Bjugstad in their system, so who the heck needs Stephen Weiss?

:bigblush:

One minute you are referring to the "great" move Nonis would be making in acquring Luongo to start his tenure with the Leafs...and the possibility he could still win a Vezina and Cup....

The next you are speaking for Snider - and referring to Luongo as an old, expensive goalie and a terrible deal for Philly - assuming Bryzgalov is unmoveable and not worth buying out.

Just stop King. Your flip flopping is renowned. One consistency - you know better than all other posters, whichever side of the debate you decide to land on at any given moment.

Try taking a position.

One minute you are referring to the "great" move Nonis would be making in acquring Luongo to start his tenure with the Leafs...and the possibility he could still win a Vezina and Cup....

The next you are speaking for Snider - and referring to Luongo as an old, expensive goalie and a terrible deal for Philly - assuming Bryzgalov is unmoveable and not worth buying out.

Just stop King. Your flip flopping is renowned. One consistency - you know better than all other posters, whichever side of the debate you decide to land on at any given moment.

Try taking a position.

I've had a very firm position this whole time - you pretty clearly just have difficulties comprehending it.

It's actually quite simple; the Canucks should've traded Schneider while his value was sky-high, ideally after the 2010-11 Cup run. We could've gotten back something of great value from a whole lot of teams - Schneider has no NTC.

Since Gillis made the wrong move by doing nothing, we've been backed into a position where we're being forced to move Roberto Luongo. Two negatives there:

• Being "forced" to sell something immediately reduces your bargaining position

• Lots of constraints around Luongo: NTC, old, expensive, signed until 2022.

All of these things reduce our bargaining position. Have I ever said that Luongo's not any good? NO! My entire issue with this thing is that Gillis got too greedy with his two goaltenders, and we're now selling a good asset in Luongo with very little leverage in a weak market. Schneider would've gotten us a lot more in return and it's debatable as to who the better goaltender is, at this point.

Understand yet? Or do you need pictures/diagrams?

Vancouver had the #1 offense in the league in 2010-11, Philly's was #2 in 2011-12.

So, yes, comparable.

Lapierre is a steal at one milion, he does a lot of things well, and his penalty minutes aren't the result of stupid, undisciplined play - he drops the gloves and plays a very aggressive game - penalty minutes happen for guys like that. He's actually an ideal fourth line guy who gives us a second center on that line to take draws when his center is waived out. Lapierre is an excellent fit here - your assessment is simpletonian.

Hey oldnews I'm with u and you can mark my words on this one. As long as the flyers have Bryzgalov as their starting goalie they will never win a cup. Lu definitely gives them a better chance in that department.

I've had a very firm position this whole time - you pretty clearly just have difficulties comprehending it.

It's actually quite simple; the Canucks should've traded Schneider while his value was sky-high, ideally after the 2010-11 Cup run. We could've gotten back something of great value from a whole lot of teams - Schneider has no NTC.

Since Gillis made the wrong move by doing nothing, we've been backed into a position where we're being forced to move Roberto Luongo. Two negatives there:

• Being "forced" to sell something immediately reduces your bargaining position

• Lots of constraints around Luongo: NTC, old, expensive, signed until 2022.

All of these things reduce our bargaining position. Have I ever said that Luongo's not any good? NO! My entire issue with this thing is that Gillis got too greedy with his two goaltenders, and we're now selling a good asset in Luongo with very little leverage in a weak market. Schneider would've gotten us a lot more in return and it's debatable as to who the better goaltender is, at this point.

Understand yet? Or do you need pictures/diagrams?

Keep spinning. I actually like Lapierre. I agree that he's very good as a 4th line player. Never did I say that he wasn't, never did I say that he's not a fit here.

Again, spin away.

That's interesting - when I look at Weiss' cap hit, I see $3.1M, not $5.0M. Imagine that.