Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Luongo, Raymond, Schroeder

Bryzgalov, Couturier

This could and should happen.

Raymond and Schroeder for Bryzgalov essentially... why should this happen?

#2972 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Lu + MayRay + Ballard?

Never stylize Raymond's name like that again. Ever.

#2973 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

This is a very original thread. 10/10 Will read again.

Edited by Please Call 911, 22 January 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#2974 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

I'm surprised Tampa hasn't been talked about more.. right next to the Panthers and have a tandem of Lindback and Garon.. I know Yzerman paid a fair sum for Lindback, but Luongo would be a giant improvement...

#2975 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Raymond and Schroeder for Bryzgalov essentially... why should this happen?

Yea, no thanks. Why would we take on a contract the same as Luongo's?

Let the Flyers buyout Bryzgalov if they wanna get rid of him.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2976 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,991 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

ikr
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#2977 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Couturier isn't happening, Hartnell isn't happening.

If Philly is seriously interested the offer they will present that will revolve around Matt Read, watch.

(And Matt Read isn't that interesting IMO)

zackass.png

#2978 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

To Chicago
Miller

To Buffalo
Kane + Luongo

To Vancouver
Ott and Grigorenko

Throw in minor pieces as you like, perhaps Raymond or Schroeder go with Lu and Crawford comes back as backup for Canucks.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#2979 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

To Chicago Miller
To Buffalo Kane
To Vancouver Ott and Grigorenko

Throw in minor pieces as you like, perhaps Raymond or Schroeder go with Lu and Crawford comes back as backup for Canucks.

No, Buffalo just acquired Ott at the expense of Roy. And so far he's played at least to standards, maybe better. Nevermind Grigorenko..

#2980 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

i honestly think george mcphee's job is on the line in washington. His team has a must-win-now attitude and they have two very young goalies and neuvirth hasnt gotten the job done.

Unless holtby is their guy and they think he is ready they are a sleeper team as far as im concerned.

#2981 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

To Chicago Miller
To Buffalo Kane
To Vancouver Ott and Grigorenko

We don't give up anything? lol

zackass.png

#2982 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Hahahhaa, I automatically thought he meant Buffalo was getting Luongo and didn't even notice that.

#2983 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,934 posts

I'm surprised Tampa hasn't been talked about more.. right next to the Panthers and have a tandem of Lindback and Garon.. I know Yzerman paid a fair sum for Lindback, but Luongo would be a giant improvement...

Yea, maybe Yzerman came to his senses, or he was bluffing to see if Gillis would cave.

I can't see Yzerman wasting away some of Stamkos's best years, not to mention St.Louis who can still bring it, because they didn't have good enough goaltending.

Posted Image

#2984 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

lol, Lu goes to BUF to replace Miller

#2985 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Yea, maybe Yzerman came to his senses, or he was bluffing to see if Gillis would cave.

I can't see Yzerman wasting away some of Stamkos's best years, not to mention St.Louis who can still bring it, because they didn't have good enough goaltending.

Lindback & Luongo would make a good, reliable tandem. Not unlike Schneider & Luongo last year, but a slight downgrade.

Don't know what player they'd have to 'do something' with, though. Ohlund retiring..? Does have a 3.6 cap hit, but he's already on the IR.

#2986 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Maybe why Schroeder is being held out of action? Maybe he's involved. :shock:

But really, I don't see a deal going down tomorrow. That move was most likely made in order to make room for Schroeder.

But rumors are still fun. Like how about Luongo to Tampa for Malone and Connolly (d4).

I like your way of thinking. Tampa fits in so many ways.....Luongo gives them instant top level goaltending to go with an outstanding offense and emerging blueline. Garon is UFA at seasons end and Lindback could be good but also could be average at best. Vasilevski is further away than Markstrom in Florida is.

If Tampa can bury Ohlunds contract going forward this would free up the necessary cap space and give the Lightning another shot at a cup before Lecavalier and St.Louis are done.

#2987 Virt 'n Kass

Virt 'n Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Why do the first 3 get location and team name then the next 25 get just the team name, then just the location for the Caps, then finally just team name again? Inconsistency bothers me.

...and yet I'm still an Edler fan.

#2988 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

No, Buffalo just acquired Ott at the expense of Roy. And so far he's played at least to standards, maybe better. Nevermind Grigorenko..

BUF needs a #1 C. They are playing CoHo as top line C right now + they get replacement for Miller. Chicago gets the goalie they desperately need. Canucks get a the type of roster player they need and a high end prospect. Exactly what MG has stated he wants.

Never mind Grigorenko? The kid is a stud. He'll be a star in the NHL. I've like this kid for 2 years now. Made many posts on CDC about him. I would absolutely love Ott and Grigo for Lu.

#2989 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

I see Florida has placed Kris Versteeg on the injured list with an undisclosed injury and recalled Drew Shore.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2990 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

i honestly think george mcphee's job is on the line in washington. His team has a must-win-now attitude and they have two very young goalies and neuvirth hasnt gotten the job done.

Unless holtby is their guy and they think he is ready they are a sleeper team as far as im concerned.

Washington doesn't really fit the bill of needing to move a player before the deal though, unless they're looking to move OV before taking on Luongo haha.

#2991 Goalscorer

Goalscorer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I can't see Philly pulling it off without involving Bryz moving somewhere...who's going to want him??
Washington... would be an instant upgrade but feel they want to determine if their young keepers can do the job before making such a deal.

Can't see how the Canucks get full value for Luongo, his contract is a killer. Putting on my GM hat, if I am considering an upgrade in net and Luongo is a thought, I am picking up the phone and asking about the availability of Halak or Elliott with STL.

#2992 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Philly ownership's frustration of Bryz's press comments(with unpredictable play), is a factor that shouldn't be underestimated. If they could kaibosh that, while getting Roberto(all at once)?..That's a team which could badly overpay. Get a good player, prospects and a pick-would be expensive-but Van would be set for a decade.

#2993 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I like your way of thinking. Tampa fits in so many ways.....Luongo gives them instant top level goaltending to go with an outstanding offense and emerging blueline. Garon is UFA at seasons end and Lindback could be good but also could be average at best. Vasilevski is further away than Markstrom in Florida is.

If Tampa can bury Ohlunds contract going forward this would free up the necessary cap space and give the Lightning another shot at a cup before Lecavalier and St.Louis are done.

And based on Gillis's quote:

one team that has to do something with another player that they have

Could be talking about Ohlund. Or maybe even Lecavlier. That contract is going to kill them going forward if they don't get rid of it.

My top 3 unexpected teams are Anaheim, Tampa Bay, and Washington though. We'll see how it goes down.

Posted Image

#2994 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Washington doesn't really fit the bill of needing to move a player before the deal though, unless they're looking to move OV before taking on Luongo haha.

WSH has completely changed their system under Oates. They want the D to jump into the rush now as opposed to under Hunter when he didn't even want forwards to jump up into the rush...

They need a puck moving Dman. Ballard + Luongo ? Thats a lot of salary going so we'd have to take something back.

#2995 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

WSH has completely changed their system under Oates. They want the D to jump into the rush now as opposed to under Hunter when he didn't even want forwards to jump up into the rush...

They need a puck moving Dman. Ballard + Luongo ? Thats a lot of salary going so we'd have to take something back.

I was referring to the part of Gillis' quote where he refers to his trade partner needing to move a player before the deal is possible - and Washington has a pair of extremely inexpensive goaltenders.

#2996 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I see Florida has placed Kris Versteeg on the injured list with an undisclosed injury and recalled Drew Shore.

What does this tell you Miller? Versteeg + who for Lu.

I don't like that Versteeg at all. Just the way he looks annoys the heck out of me. Don't want him.

#2997 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

I was referring to the part of Gillis' quote where he refers to his trade partner needing to move a player before the deal is possible - and Washington has a pair of extremely inexpensive goaltenders.

Well they would have to trade either Holtby or Neuvirth in order to take on Luongo.

Maybe Toronto's interested?

Posted Image

#2998 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Nuevirth or Holtby would need to be moved first or their return won't be as good. It would be Nuevirth who goes IMO.

Could be a deal with the Caps. Maybe they have to do something with one of Neuvirth or Holtby before they make move for Luongo. If they waited until afterwards they would not get the same return.

I'd love to see Kuznetsov come back as part of package. He'll be in the KHL for this season and next but when he gets here he's a star. A game breaker that Canucks need.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 01:15 AM.

#2999 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

What does this tell you Miller? Versteeg + who for Lu.

I don't like that Versteeg at all. Just the way he looks annoys the heck out of me. Don't want him.

2013/01/21 Hip surgery, injured reserve. 2013/01/19 Hip surgery, sidelined indefinitely.

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...rs/bio/?id=4566

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#3000 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

@Goalscorer - Philly can now buyout Bryz. They still have room with his cap hit. They have the money and aren't scared to make bold moves...

I think the OP got the Rangers wrong....they might be a possible trade target now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.