3455 replies to this topic

#3001 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,213 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Well they would have to trade either Holtby or Neuvirth in order to take on Luongo.

Maybe Toronto's interested?

Neuvirth $1.1 million
Holtby $637 k
Both RFAs at year's end. I don't see the need to move one before acquiring Luongo - perhaps they'd prefer it that way, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gillis were willing to take one of them as insurance/backup - assuming his comments were forthcoming ::D

#3002 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Me and King collaborated on this one. :bigblush:

To Van:
- Tyler Bozak
- Nazem Kadri
- Mike Komisarek
- Tim Connolly
- Conditional 5th Round Picks (If Bozak Walks)

To Toronto:
- Roberto Luongo
- Zack Kassian
- David Booth
- Keith Ballard
- 1st Round Pick

The Reasoning behind the deal:
- Kassian sucks. Kadri is more like Cody Godgson so that's an upgrade right??
- Booth is overpaid and doesn't bring nearly what Raymond brings anyways. Connolly is underrated, upgrade there.
- Ballard sucks, Chemistry with Tanev means nothing.Why not bring the physicality in Komisarek, who cares about him contract.
- We are terrible at drafting anyways so might aswell sweeten the deal with the 1st.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 22 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

zackass.png

#3003 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,213 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Luo were to look at Columbus and think to himself - they have a better young blueline than Toronto, they have better young centers than Toronto, and that's the makings of a pretty damn good team - they have a better prospect pool than Toronto, their media isn't anywhere near as annoying, they're closer to Florida, and it's a market that has never really had a goaltender.
This is what he'd be measured by:
Brian Boucher
Fred Brathwaite
Ty Conklin
Marc Denis
Wade Dubielewicz
Mathieu Garon Shawn Hunwick
Jean-François Labbé
Dan LaCosta
Pascal Leclaire
David LeNeveu
Steve Mason
Fredrik Norrena
Tomas Popperle
Martin Prusek
Curtis Sanford
Ron Tugnutt
Allen York

#3004 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

"one team that has to do something with another player that they have"

To me this sounds like something in the future, not like tomorrow but maybe a few weeks.

An injured player, pending contract?

I dont see a NTC in that sentence.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3005 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

fwiw my mind immediately went to Dipietro after hearing that quote. Islanders have to figure out what to do with him, plus their whole situation became unexpectedly complicated with the Visnovsky debacle.

One rumour I read earlier this week (sorry, honestly forget where) was of Bryzgalov going to NYI, then Luongo to Philly. Islanders could also use someone like Ballard if Vis isn't going to show up.

I don't know what we could hope for to come back, but the combo of those two particular teams offers up quite a selection of young talent.

#3006 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

If it's Washington, what about Brooks Laich?

Limited NTC from 2011-12 through 2014-15 (can supply five-team no-trade list at start of each season)

Does that mean 5 teams he agrees to go to, or 5 teams he can't be traded to?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#3007 10Bure14Burrows

10Bure14Burrows

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Wht if I agree with you . Or wht if I'm not agree with you . It doesn't matter agree or disagree bout it . We need to be get better than we now .
Forever Canuck !

#3008 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Me and King collaborated on this one. :bigblush:

To Van:
- Tyler Bozak
- Nazem Kadri
- Mike Komisarek
- Tim Connolly
- Conditional 5th Round Picks (If Bozak Walks)

To Toronto:
- Roberto Luongo
- Zack Kassian
- David Booth
- Keith Ballard
- 1st Round Pick

The Reasoning behind the deal:
- Kassian sucks. Kadri is more like Cody Godgson so that's an upgrade right??
- Booth is overpaid and doesn't bring nearly what Raymond brings anyways. Connolly is underrated, upgrade there.
- Ballard sucks, Chemistry with Tanev means nothing.Why not bring the physicality in Komisarek, who cares about him contract.
- We are terrible at drafting anyways so might aswell sweeten the deal with the 1st.

I gotta admit, I LOLed a little.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#3009 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

You can cross Columbus and the Isles off your list as non-starters. There's no way Lou will waive his NTC to go to a team that's among the worst in the league.
Posted Image

#3010 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,873 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

The Rangers, Toronto, Vancouver... Cap is the operative word. In Tampa, Florida, Carolina and Anaheim, who are all somewhere between close to breaking even and hemorrhaging money > actual greenbacks are, strangely, the real currency.

We bought Booth last year, we did not trade for him. Its not surprising sun belt teams might be offering players for cash.

But Lecavalier, even Ohlund, is a whole different league of luxury tax re-distribution.

Don't hold your breath unless Tampa pays half his salary (and buyout); which they cannot afford to do!

I like your way of thinking. Tampa fits in so many ways.....Luongo gives them instant top level goaltending to go with an outstanding offense and emerging blueline. Garon is UFA at seasons end and Lindback could be good but also could be average at best. Vasilevski is further away than Markstrom in Florida is.

If Tampa can bury Ohlunds contract going forward this would free up the necessary cap space and give the Lightning another shot at a cup before Lecavalier and St.Louis are done.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 22 January 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#3011 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,873 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Van + Chicago both scream laughing into this deal. Buffalo gives up Ott, Grigorenko and Miller?

Did you get one of those MMA illegal hits to the back of the head?

To Chicago
Miller

To Buffalo
Kane + Luongo

To Vancouver
Ott and Grigorenko

Throw in minor pieces as you like, perhaps Raymond or Schroeder go with Lu and Crawford comes back as backup for Canucks.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 22 January 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#3012 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Bure..if you think that was a good goal on the backhand that Lou let in...then it only shows how little you know about goaltending....going low was NOT the right move !

Lol!!!! Dude really? You're blaming a snipe that no goalie in the
NHL would ever stop on Lou??

Dude, I know nothing about hockey? Hmm you see kid:

1. Goalies don't stop every shot that's the first part you need to understand, this isn't NHL 13 on your ps3.

2. He was taking away the lower part of the net bc Eberle was on a tough angle and the likelihood of him roofing it from there is so low lou played the probabilities. 99 times out of 100 a player won't put it where he did bc it is an incredibly tough shot.

3. It ain't ps3 those shots are elite level talent that got a bit of luck.

Pretty clear you've never strapped on a pair of skates there champ, because you have no clue at the level of skill that shot took from Eberle. I played the game at a very competitive level, there are few guys even in the NHL who can pull of that shot. Full speed, sharp angle on your back hand, roof (and a hard roof to the far corner). Are you kidding me? You blame that on Lou?

I have never been a huge Lou fan, think he's very good and was one of the first, if not the first saying trade him and keep Scheids, but wow, the ridiculousness of blaming lou on that shot really tells the world how little you know.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 22 January 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#3013 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

with this new news from Gillis I believe it's the Flyers, they've had goaltending issues forever and Bryzgalov has not worked out at all for them, you know what your getting with Luongo and they would love him there... I could see Toronto taking on Bryzgalov, his price would be very low/next to nothing and it gives them an experience vet to push Reimer, DN said they believe in Reimer but need experience. Maybe something like Luongo and Raymond for Voracek, a young, big, top 6 right winger. That trade really makes a ton of sense for both teams, Flyers NEED a goalie, they wont go anywhere without one and their sooo deep with scoring forwards, this would help their cap a tiny bit too as they dump almost 10 million with Bryzgalov and Voracek and take on about 8 million.

Also, The Sabres do make some sense with the Miller problem they had last season, Miller isn't a long term option for the Sabres as he wants to be closer to his wife in Cali, Sharks really could use a goalie like Miller. I could see Stafford and 2013 1st for Luongo and Raymond, Stafford is a big right side winger... I'm not really high on Stafford though but I don't see what else they can give up?... maybe Cody Hodgson ;) now that would be awkward press conference.

Personally I think all sign point to the Flyers, it would be a deal that makes a lot on sense for both teams and help both teams now and in the future.

#3014 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

A lot of those so-called destinations are a no-go because, don't forget, Lu still has an NTC.

Yeah, I'll agree that Philly and Washington do seem like probable partners due to their very real need to acquire a goalie, current playoff window, and depth in prospects.

RIP LB RR PD

#3015 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

with this new news from Gillis I believe it's the Flyers, they've had goaltending issues forever and Bryzgalov has not worked out at all for them, you know what your getting with Luongo and they would love him there... I could see Toronto taking on Bryzgalov, his price would be very low/next to nothing and it gives them an experience vet to push Reimer, DN said they believe in Reimer but need experience. Maybe something like Luongo and Raymond for Voracek, a young, big, top 6 right winger. That trade really makes a ton of sense for both teams, Flyers NEED a goalie, they wont go anywhere without one and their sooo deep with scoring forwards, this would help their cap a tiny bit too as they dump almost 10 million with Bryzgalov and Voracek and take on about 8 million.

Also, The Sabres do make some sense with the Miller problem they had last season, Miller isn't a long term option for the Sabres as he wants to be closer to his wife in Cali, Sharks really could use a goalie like Miller. I could see Stafford and 2013 1st for Luongo and Raymond, Stafford is a big right side winger... I'm not really high on Stafford though but I don't see what else they can give up?... maybe Cody Hodgson ;) now that would be awkward press conference.

Personally I think all sign point to the Flyers, it would be a deal that makes a lot on sense for both teams and help both teams now and in the future.

Voracek is great, but he can be kinda butter fingers. He has the ability to get it done, and has good vision, good speed... but he is kind of one of those guys who has the puck bounce on them at the wrong time, or doesn't quite recieve the pass cleanly and has to settle it first.

We have enough guys with above average hockey skillsets, we need a game changer. Luongo is a game changer. Voracek is a great 2nd line winger, but is not a game changer.

Guys like Zheredev may get half the points and be invisible/a liability much of the time they're on the ice... but they're game changers. He has the ability to make something out of nothing. His point totals change with ice time and touches, not linemates. Voracek would need that finess guy... Booth and Kesler are not that.

If we trade Luongo for Voracek straight up, we do not win the trade. Add in Raymond and we're looking mad silly.

Luongo and Malhotra for Voracek and Talbot would be better IMO.

Simmonds at least hits hard, is a right handed shot, and IMO works harder than Voracek with similar points totals. If we're going for the team guy, i'd rather SImmonds.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#3016 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Tampa would be nice if they didn't already deny interest in Luongo. It's close to Florida, they have some giant defencemen and some nice centers that would fit in here but oh well...

I'd want a solid 20 goal scoring center and a great prospect or big depth forward for Luongo, otherwise forget it, rather have this tandem going after the way Schneider crapped the bed.
Posted Image

#3017 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Is trading Schneider completely out of the question?

I wonder if keeping Luongo and trading Schneider will bring us back more, and thus give us a better chance at the cup. Personally, I would not mind keeping Lu here for the rest of his career. He's proven, and Schneider isn't.

Anyone care to hypothesize what Schneider would get us?

#3018 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

Lol!!!! Dude really? You're blaming a snipe that no goalie in the
NHL would ever stop on Lou??

Dude, I know nothing about hockey? Hmm you see kid:

1. Goalies don't stop every shot that's the first part you need to understand, this isn't
NHL 13 on your ps3.

2. He was taking away the lower part of the net bc Eberle was on
A tough angle and the likelihood of him roofing it from there is so low lou played the
Probabilities. 99 times out of 100 a player won't put it where he did bc it is an incredibly tough shot.

3. It ain't ps3 those shots are elite level talent that got a bit of luck.

Pretty clear you've never strapped on a pair of skates there champ.

His shoulders were parrallel with the net when they should have been squared up to the shooter. Great shot, but Lu was not squared up, so the hole was there for the sniping. Watch the replay from above, it's clear.

#3019 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Where is King? Hodgson with another highlight reel goal and he's not here to rub it in? Bizarre.

lol highlight reel goal.... way to e a body on the ice coho!

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#3020 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Van + Chicago both scream laughing into this deal. Buffalo gives up Ott, Grigorenko and Miller?

Did you get one of those MMA illegal hits to the back of the head?

I don't think it's outrageous. They do get Kane back. Would you trade Ott and Grigorenko for Kane??

They just signed Ott for a good reason, and Grigorenko is their top prospect, so I doubt they would do it, but it's plausible.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#3021 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Maybe we could trade with the Islanders for an up and coming scorer to upgrade Raymond. Maybe Michael Grabner?
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#3022 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

If Schneider is going to be the #1, then the Canucks need a legitimate backup. My confidence in MG and AV to make smart moves is deteriorating rapidly. You have stated the teams that can use Luongo, what do the Canucks get in return from, say Washington or Philly?

BTW, starting Luongo against Edmonton must have really made Scneids feel good about himself after watching how quickly management demoted Louongo.

Lou has shown himself as a complete class guy considering his stats and his demotion from Team captain to Team goat. Most people would have said "trade me now or I ride the pine for $6M a year". Vancouver doesn't deserve this man.

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#3023 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Washington and Chicago both have 2 capable goalies.......
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#3024 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

You can cross Columbus and the Isles off your list as non-starters. There's no way Lou will waive his NTC to go to a team that's among the worst in the league.

There is an issue about wanting to be on a competitive team but two other considerations which counter that are;
1) Any team in the east is within 3 - 4 hours flying time to Florida let alone the over weighting of games within a divisional context.
2) Lu is at a point in his career where playing as a #1 is critical more than possibly being on an immediate contender.

The longer Lu sits in backup in Van the more he will want to move.

#3025 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,897 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Hate to be this person, but http://forum.canucks...rade-thread-40/

Although you've obviously put a great deal of thought/effort into this, we have to stay consistent.

Posted Image

#3026 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Worm hole
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3027 swflyers28

swflyers28

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hate to say this but Bryz has been good so far this season so I don't think it's the Flyers. The 0-2 start that we are off to isn't because of him. Homer is not pulling the trigger after 2 games.
Posted Image

#3028 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Is trading Schneider completely out of the question?

Yes.

Anyone care to hypothesize what Schneider would get us?

No.
Posted Image

#3029 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,916 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Tampa would be nice if they didn't already deny interest in Luongo. It's close to Florida, they have some giant defencemen and some nice centers that would fit in here but oh well...

I'd want a solid 20 goal scoring center and a great prospect or big depth forward for Luongo, otherwise forget it, rather have this tandem going after the way Schneider crapped the bed.

rumour has it it's actually in Florida!

Posted Image[

Just kidding with you

Edited by stawns, 22 January 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#3030 George_Costanza

George_Costanza

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Then cross Toronto off the list as well.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.