3455 replies to this topic

#3061 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Johansson would be a great fit. He'd fit the 2nd line centre role nicely until keslers return. The only thing is I don't think you are seeing the true potential of this kid. Right now he's playing 1st line wing with ovie and backstrom and doing pretty well at it. I'm not saying they'd want more than luo but it would be a step back if we put him back to 3rd line centre. I'd see a better fit with him at the wing along side kes and kassian.

I'd still like to keep dreaming about Forsberg tho. In my dream world first WSH has to wait on trading Neuvirth. They will get more value out of him before a luongo trade Then...

VAN
Booth, Luongo, Gaunce, 1st 2013, Tanev(possibly)

WSH
Forsberg, Johansson, Hamerlik

Kuznesov said that he wants to play in the NHL he just felt his chances of making the Olympics would be better if he played in Russia So in a few years WSH roster looks

Ovie - Backstrom - Booth
Wilson - Kuznesov- Ribeiro(?)
Galiev - Perreault - Ward
Crabb - Beagle - Chimera

Green - Alzner
Carlson -Orlov
Erskine - Kundratek

Luongo
Holtby

Yeah I agree on MoJo, but for the part where you claim I may not be seeing the true potential of MoJo. I definitely see his potential. The kid is a really good player. He's going to get better and better. I'd love to get him.

If Raymond goes along with Lu then I can see MoJo on the wing later in the year. But the reason I prefer him as 3rd line C when Kesler gets back is because Imagine this down the middle.

Henrik
Kesler
MoJo
Lappy

That is a perfect 1 thru 4. Teams with strength down the middle win Cups. You play this lineup and your have a cup run. Lappy is great for his pay scale but in a perfect world he would be my 4th line C. He could be the best 4th line C in the league, especially with added 20 Lbs of muscle.

I would love a trade for MoJo. It solves all of Canucks problems for now and into the future, exactly what MG said he wants in a Luongo trade.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#3062 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

So apparently Hartnell is coming here? :bigblush:

They just locked him up for about 6 or 7 years at around 4.75. Why would they just trade him?

#3063 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

They just locked him up for about 6 or 7 years at around 4.75. Why would they just trade him?

Didn't they sign Carter and Richards to long term deals and then trade them? It's Paul Holmgren; anything can happen.

#3064 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

johansson seems to be the logical choice in a return from washington. But what about tom wilson or matthieu perreault(30pts in 64 gp last year. Also 2 100pt plus season in qmjhl and 2 seasons where he was ppg in the ahl

perreault would be someone i would look at aswell i wouldnt over look or under estimate him

#3065 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

For what it's worth. Heres what SourcesSay is guessing.

Throw away the #Oilers Gagner deal right away then COL O'Rielly.

I would want Benn or Couturier. I don't care what type of package it costs. I do that deal. If any 1 of Canucks roster players or prospects needs to go with Luongo. For 1 or those 2 pIayers I do the deal.

I just have a real hard time believing Philly would trade Couturier and DAL would trade Benn.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#3066 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

I was beating the drum of Lou to Was for Laich or Johansson back in Thread 2.0, I think.

Was laughed at. Washington doesn't need a goalie, they said. Won't be interested, they said.

We'll see.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3067 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Me and King collaborated on this one. :bigblush:

To Van:
- Tyler Bozak
- Nazem Kadri
- Mike Komisarek
- Tim Connolly
- Conditional 5th Round Picks (If Bozak Walks)

To Toronto:
- Roberto Luongo
- Zack Kassian
- David Booth
- Keith Ballard
- 1st Round Pick

The Reasoning behind the deal:
- Kassian sucks.  Kadri is more like Cody Godgson so that's an upgrade right??
- Booth is overpaid and doesn't bring nearly what Raymond brings anyways. Connolly is underrated, upgrade there.
- Ballard sucks, Chemistry with Tanev means nothing.Why not bring the physicality in Komisarek, who cares about him contract.
- We are terrible at drafting anyways so might aswell sweeten the deal with the 1st.

Careful smash I think king just hacked into your account!

#3068 CanucksWino

CanucksWino

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Teams that fit the mold of what Gillis described (not on the radar) that could make sense from what the team needs, and what Luongo would want in a team: Jersey; Washington; and Detroit. All are teams that nobody has linked Luongo to, all are teams that Luongo would probably accept a deal to, all are teams that have varying degrees of needs in goal (Detroit being the team with probably the least need for an established goaltender), and all are teams that might have pieces that could help the Canucks. Obviously a move to Jersey would be for the future of the Devils, and not really for this year.

Edited by CanucksWino, 22 January 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#3069 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

This seems a little odd.. It's totally not gillis style to come out and say this.

Part of me thinks it has to be true otherwise why would he stir the goalie controversy more?

But part of me also thinks every deal he makes comes out of nowhere so why would he announce it early this time?

A little confused right now....

Gillis is certainly muckin with the media lately.

- Announcing the Edler signing via tweet; no presser, no leaks to the media for a big story...
- Giving TO, and by default their media, crap for trying to use the media to lower the asking price. He also made clear mention they were "interested," gotta make Reimer feel good?
- Now stirring up the media with a controversy over who it might be.
- Uhm, using the media to soften criticism shortly after the Kassian deal... :rolleyes: (after basically giving the media nothing as it was made).

Ha, last week i watched a very disinterested MG walk into a weekly media chat, look at certain media guys with obvious disdain and promptly announce "okay Farhan, let's go..." And promptly answer with not quite snide comments, but was clearly speaking down to him for asking a Lou question. Hey it was day 4 after CBA; but it was the biggest story going in the league at the moment.

MG is clearly trying to dictate the message, not let the media prompt what's going on or get satisfaction from it. And after all the "asking price is too high stories," he's pulling his version of trying to get ten first round pic's out of Lou?

LMAO = nothin' like bein' left hangin' eh??!!.....way to Gillis!!!......

#3070 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,170 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Maybe Minnesota is on the market with Backstrom going UFA and Harding being diagnosed with MS... plausible.

Don't see Luongo waiving for Minny though. Who do they have?

Minny is less then 4 hours flying time out of Florida. Re-alignment takes Minny out of the NW next year. Minny will be a serious CUP challenger with their existing core and young talent. I could see Lu waiving to go there without a problem.

#3071 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Lp
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

#3072 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Yeah I agree on MoJo, but for the part where you claim I may not be seeing the true potential of MoJo. I definitely see his potential. The kid is a really good player. He's going to get better and better. I'd love to get him.

If Raymond goes along with Lu then I can see MoJo on the wing later in the year. But the reason I prefer him as 3rd line C when Kesler gets back is because Imagine this down the middle.

Henrik
Kesler
MoJo
Lappy

That is a perfect 1 thru 4. Teams with strength down the middle win Cups. You play this lineup and your have a cup run. Lappy is great for his pay scale but in a perfect world he would be my 4th line C. He could be the best 4th line C in the league, especially with added 20 Lbs of muscle.

I would love a trade for MoJo. It solves all of Canucks problems for now and into the future, exactly what MG said he wants in a Luongo trade.

A Gagner trade perhaps with MPV makes a lot of sense, division aside but what about Colorado? I don't see it as that big a road block. Someone please enlighten me on O'reilly?

Johansson does seem to fit the mould in current discussions and I'd be thrilled.

Best individual score would be Benn. Harder to see a guy being groomed as a franchise player coming over, but who else add's the multi purpose physical edge which would be soo perfect for us?

For what it's worth. Heres what SourcesSay is guessing.

Throw away the #Oilers Gagner deal right away then COL O'Rielly.

I would want Benn or Couturier. I don't care what type of package it costs. I do that deal. If any 1 of Canucks roster players or prospects needs to go with Luongo. For 1 or those 2 pIayers I do the deal.

I just have a real hard time believing Philly would trade Couturier and DAL would trade Benn.

#3073 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Minny is less then 4 hours flying time out of Florida. Re-alignment takes Minny out of the NW next year. Minny will be a serious CUP challenger with their existing core and young talent. I could see Lu waiving to go there without a problem.

MIN will already have serious CAP issues going into next season. In fact, they will likely have to buy out Heatley to become cap compliant. I don't think they have the cap room to even consider this trade. The only reason they would do this is for a 1 year cup run (this year), but the buyout on Lu would be huge?! You'd have to be crazy to.... ok wait a second... we're talking Leipold!

#3074 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

TEAM Radio@TEAM1040

RT @katiestrangespn: #Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking trade from Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation.
I wonder if the Islanders are one of the teams in on Luongo.

#3075 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

TEAM Radio@TEAM1040

RT @katiestrangespn: #Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking trade from Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation.

O yes please. Nino is gonna be a very good player.

#3076 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Does anyone think that the "domino" is Gomez signing with San Jose?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3077 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

- Announcing the Edler signing via tweet; no presser, no leaks to the media for a big story...
- Giving TO, and by default their media, crap for trying to use the media to lower the asking price. He also made clear mention they were "interested," gotta make Reimer feel good?
- Uhm, using the media to soften criticism shortly after the Kassian deal... :rolleyes: (after basically giving the media nothing as it was made).

Ha, last week i watched a very disinterested MG walk into a weekly media chat, look at certain media guys with obvious disdain and promptly announce "okay Farhan, let's go..." And promptly answer with not quite snide comments, but was clearly speaking down to him for asking a Lou question. Hey it was day 4 after CBA; but it was the biggest story going in the league at the moment.

MG is clearly trying to dictate the message, not let the media prompt what's going on or get satisfaction from it. And after all the "asking price is too high stories," he's pulling his version of trying to get ten first round pic's out of Lou?

I like your post.

The part about Reimer reminds me when Burke talked about Burrows being involved in a potential trade. Poetic justice :)

#3078 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Eklund, (I know, that's why it is in this thread), thinks Lu is going to the Stars. Package for Benn??

Bobby Mac reported that DAL and Benn are only a few hundred k apart on 5 year deal.

I don't see DAL trading away their franchise player.

#3079 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I like your post.

The part about Reimer reminds me when Burke talked about Burrows being involved in a potential trade. Poetic justice :)

me too. I like this post.

#3080 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

TEAM Radio@TEAM1040

Niederreiter's gonna be a star. Get on it Gillis.

Imagine Nino and Jensen playing on the same line. :bigblush:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3081 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

MIN will already have serious CAP issues going into next season. In fact, they will likely have to buy out Heatley to become cap compliant. I don't think they have the cap room to even consider this trade. The only reason they would do this is for a 1 year cup run (this year), but the buyout on Lu would be huge?! You'd have to be crazy to.... ok wait a second... we're talking Leipold!

Minny will not have to buy out Heatley. They have 16 players signed with 14+ mill in cap space available. 4 of those needing to be re-signed are RFA's. They will have plenty of young talent in the system that looks to make the team over the next couple of years.

I think Heately will have a strong season playing with Parise. Bouchard is a UFA he will not be re-signed to $4 mill. He will pbbly walk and someone younger will replace him.

One of the players needed re-signing is Backstrom but I think they will manage to keep Heately.

IF the need does arise to rid themselves of Heately, he could be traded, a trade will get Minny a descent return. He is not a buyout candidate.

Having said this I don't believe Lu in going to Minny.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#3082 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Niederreiter's gonna be a star. Get on it Gillis.

Imagine Nino and Jensen playing on the same line. :bigblush:

and Schroeder in the middle.....skill speed, toughness

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#3083 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,875 posts

Does anyone think that the "domino" is Gomez signing with San Jose?

I certainly think so. With Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Handzus, and Desjardins, why would they need another center? And their main team weakness is obviously in net - Niemi simply isn't getting it done for them.

Marleau's cap hit is a bit high (6.9 this year and next), and he has a full NMC. However, I could definitely foresee a deal for Pavelski.

Luongo + Raymond
- for -
Pavelski + Niemi (+ pick?)

Cap hits almost identical.
Posted Image

#3084 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Please just let this dang saga end.

#3085 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

His shoulders were parrallel with the net when they should have been squared up to the shooter. Great shot, but Lu was not squared up, so the hole was there for the sniping. Watch the replay from above, it's clear.

ya an it happens, he was taking away the bottom because there is a higher probability. Jesus are you guys blind? He's not a friggen robot, thats a great play by Eberle, and a seeing eye shot.

wow man, strap on some skates and learn to play the game vs reading textbook comments from a goaltending coach and thinking every player can perform perfectly in every situation. If that were the case we'd see 0-0 games 82 games a year right?

It was not a weak goal, it was a terrific shot, there is a difference. Goal 2 sure, weak and shouldn't have gone in under any circumstances.

Wow guys...learn to play some hockey and you'll figure out how difficult a shot Eberle finished on.

#3086 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I certainly think so. With Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Handzus, and Desjardins, why would they need another center? And their main team weakness is obviously in net - Niemi simply isn't getting it done for them.

Marleau's cap hit is a bit high (6.9 this year and next), and he has a full NMC. However, I could definitely foresee a deal for Pavelski.

Luongo + Raymond
- for -
Pavelski + Niemi (+ pick?)

Cap hits almost identical.

Interesting.

What does this have to do with Gomez though. They could go ahead and make this trade right away. MG said the other team has to do something with another one of their players. To me it sounds like the other team need to move a player before consummating the trade.

MG

"We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have -- and it's not who anybody thinks it is -- and so we have to wait."

#3087 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Maybe their waiting for a Florida D mans shoulder to heal.

#3088 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Keep in mind guys, Lui still has the no trade clause, so who knows if Luongo would waive for NYI or Wash or any other rumor floating around.

#3089 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Dude your usually dead on with your analysis but I think the blame is pretty equal. Edler was clearly beat on that play. As a defensemen you try to drive a player outside forcing them behind the net. You never let a player drive to your net with the possibility of cutting in front of the net. But I agree that is also a goal that the goalie should stop. It was a damn impressive shot though to roof it top shelf with that amount of space going at that speed.

However I think both are equally to blame.

yes

i am goalie bot

i must stop every shot

i read goalie texbooks

i stop even crazy snipes because i am textbook perfect

i am goalie bot

please increase my rebound control now that you have more experience points

lmao

blame? the shot was the kind of shot maybe stamkos, crosby, malkin and ovechkin can pull off...and eberle did

read what you said at the every end "damn impressive shot....at that speed, angle etc"

Anyone who's played competitive hockey, you know what their reaction was to that highight reel goal? Holy crap what a snipe.

Canucks fans, who do nothing other than play ps3 and have never competed on the ice and only know how to critisize- "oh his shoulders weren't square" (aka - "thats what I hear all the pundits saying..so i'll repeat it")

Wow...as I said goal 2 sure...goal 1...umm wake up

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 22 January 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#3090 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Maybe their waiting for a Florida D mans shoulder to heal.

Gudbranson. :bigblush:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.