The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

It just gets annoying when people act high-and-mighty around here about the Canucks, and Mike Gillis, who can do absolutely no wrong to a large contingent of folks on this site.

oldnews discredits Schultz all the time, while simultaneously being irrationally excited about a guy like Tanev.

The Oilers have 5 Cups, the Canucks have 0. It's not really an organization that a Canuck fan should be talking trash to.

From mr trip

Pass it to Bulis ‏@passittobulis

Luongo: "I'm willing to stay here this season because it will be short. But I don't want to stay here long term." via @RenLavoieRDS

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

@passittobulis Roberto also said that he's got the same mind set than when he was playing for Team Canada in the olympics

he undoubtedly wants out

anyone that says anything different is completely blinded from selective Luongo sensory disorder.

It's too bad I don't care anymore and I just want the season to start

If he is around for the first month, I am expecting Lu to take one of the Oils/flames games, the SJ game, and probably the avelanche game.

All I know is that Lu just can't seem to play the Ducks, Schneider will undoubtedly get both those starts.

Canucks looking for a center and a top 4 defenseman.

Goc and Gudbranson held out of the lineup. (With "injuries")

Coincidence?

I'd take Gudbranson over Gardiner any day. He's that big number 1 this team has needed forever. I doubt Tallon would part with him, but stranger things have happened.

Coincidence. Luongo is NOT worth Gudbranson and Goc. Gudbranson is a top prospect in the league. The only way we're getting him is if we're shipping off a defenseman of high quality with Luongo (think Tanev, give or take a first round pick). He's going to be unreal.

If we do keep Luongo (which looks like what's gonna happen at least to start the season) I say we go with whichever goalie is hot going into each game. Given that the two goalies as it currently stands are comparable talent wise with no massive dip in production going either way this would allow us to showcase both and if the right package comes around (be it at the deadline, next offseason or at some point during the season) for either goalie Gillis can pull the trigger.

The only danger I see in this is that one of them struggles all season (unlikely but possible) and that tanks his trade value from the point its at now

Archived