3455 replies to this topic

#3091 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Keep in mind guys, Lui still has the no trade clause, so who knows if Luongo would waive for NYI or Wash or any other rumor floating around.

I'm assuming if Gillis said that he had a deal in place, then Luongo would have already agreed to it.

#3092 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Tavares, Nino, and a 1st is pretty much what GMMG said he wanted for Luongo (roster player, prospect, and a pick) and he has lots of pieces he could throw in to convince the kooks managing the NYI to do it.

#3093 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Keep in mind guys, Lui still has the no trade clause, so who knows if Luongo would waive for NYI or Wash or any other rumor floating around.

I think he will definitely waive to WSH. No doubt in my mind. Its close to Miami and a star studded team with Cup aspirations and a really bright future with all the young players they have on the roster and in the system.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#3094 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Niederreiter's gonna be a star. Get on it Gillis.

Imagine Nino and Jensen playing on the same line. :bigblush:

Niederreiter - Schroeder - Jensen :emot-parrot:

#3095 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Tavares, Nino, and a 1st is pretty much what GMMG said he wanted for Luongo (roster player, prospect, and a pick) and he has lots of pieces he could throw in to convince the kooks managing the NYI to do it.

What are you smoking?

#3096 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Possibly the worst proposal of all time.

When Gillis said roster player, prospect, and pick, he wasn't referring to a perennial allstar, a top tier prospect, and a lottery pick

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#3097 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, but in that situation you're talking about an Elite young roster player, a game-changing prospect and a plausibly high first round pick.

Bailey (roster player), Niederreiter (prospect), 2nd round draft pick. I think that's more realistic, but who knows.

EDIT: Of course there would have to be a package with Luongo going the other way.

Edited by LuongoCFan, 22 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#3098 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,792 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Interesting.

What does this have to do with Gomez though. They could go ahead and make this trade right away. MG said the other team has to do something with another one of their players. To me it sounds like the other team need to move a player before consummating the trade.

Gomez was with the team, they were just delaying signing him until he was ready to play. So in that respect, he was "with the team". But they weren't about to make a trade until the contract was finalized.

I guess it could turn out to be Marleau, in which case they'd be waiting to hear if he was willing to waive his NMC. I think Marleau would be a GREAT fit here, but his cap hit may cause problems next season.
Posted Image

#3099 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Hockey Central talking about Luongo and MG's comments re potential deal..

They also think it's WSH Capitals.

So like I said earlier. MoJo + for Lu + ?

Luongo and Raymond for MoJo and Ward?

Like Mojo, I don't see a point of the Ward/Raymond swap myself, we don't need a 3rd/4th line guy like Ward honestly we have Higgins, Hansen, Lappy, exc.

So if we are going to build a package around Mojo, how about Mojo and a 1st, and just that, the 1st will most likely be late, is that fair? Since you know more about them than I do.

zackass.png

#3100 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

I think he'd go to Washington (they are a contender with a healthy Ovy, Backstrom, Green and a goalie), and reality is he wants out. At this point I think he'd likely accept anywhere but Columbus. Islanders have a good young team. With a solid goalie they could get into the playoffs (Tavares is learning to carry that team), but yes wouldn't be a preference of his. However, I do think he's seen what being picky has done and its just taken him longer to get out, and with all the media crap, I am sure he's thinking just get me out of here now.

#3101 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

if you want a player of equal caliber - Tavares isn't out of the question. Age? Luongo has a good 7 years left...

Edited by canucksnihilist, 22 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#3102 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

I think it's Dallas and I think it's Jamie Benn. Rumor has it he won't re sign in Dallas and keep in mind he's also from BC.

#3103 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

What are you smoking?

Ha! You caught me!
I just hope Snow et cetera get their hands on some too.

Maybe I am just too happy because of all the good news:
Schroeder is up.
Vandermeer cleared.
Kassian is on fire.
Gillis says he's got a deal going for Luongo.
Hockey is back.
And last but not least, KotES has been silenced.

#3104 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

if you want a player of equal caliber - Tavares isn't out of the question. Age? Luongo has a good 7 years left...

It's very debatable whether Luongo will still be playing "good" hockey when he's 38-40 years of age.

#3105 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,071 posts

Gudbranson. :bigblush:

:bigblush:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3106 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Dude..

COME ON MAN!

#3107 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Gomez was with the team, they were just delaying signing him until he was ready to play. So in that respect, he was "with the team". But they weren't about to make a trade until the contract was finalized.

I guess it could turn out to be Marleau, in which case they'd be waiting to hear if he was willing to waive his NMC. I think Marleau would be a GREAT fit here, but his cap hit may cause problems next season.

Call me a warlock but I have always had a feeling about San Jose they haven't been the same since losing Nabokov.

They have everything we need.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3108 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,792 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

LOL @ anyone who honestly thinks Islanders are trading Tavares. Seriously...get real.

If Lu was willing to play in Brooklyn, Bailey and Nino would be great pieces. We'd probably have to sweeten the pot to get both.

Islanders may be a team interested in Raymond. He has some proven chemistry with Grabner.
Posted Image

#3109 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Lou
Ballard

for

Dipietro
Visnovsky
Bailey
Nino

Not saying I'd advocate it due to the Dipietro buyout but it makes me wonder if this is the type of deal MG has been talking about.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3110 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

lp

#3111 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I think it's Dallas and I think it's Jamie Benn. Rumor has it he won't re sign in Dallas and keep in mind he's also from BC.

why would Dallas want Lu, they just re-signed Lehtonen and he's playing very well for a very reasonable cap hit

#3112 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Lu for JT? LOL seriously guys
Posted Image

#3113 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Marleau or Morrow would fit the Canucks win now mode.

#3114 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Lou
Ballard

for

Dipietro
Visnovsky
Bailey
Nino

Not saying I'd advocate it due to the Dipietro buyout but it makes me wonder if this is the type of deal MG has been talking about.

wouldn't that be a double buyout if Vis is staying in Russia? Doubt ownership would bite on that. That said, I think it's a reasonable proposal, but I think Van has to add a pick or mid level prospect

#3115 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

That's great but please explain how they need a Goalie and why Luongo what's to play there.

People have to realize that TX, NY, TO are not close to FLA you can't just hop in your car and drive there. It's the difference between a 5 hr plane ride and a 2.5 hr plane ride.

location, unless its in FLA is not a factor
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3116 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

2x post
I hate this dam water proof cover

Edited by Noheart, 22 January 2013 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3117 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

2x post
I hate this dam water proof cover

Luongo, I would think, has settled himself with the fact that he is NOT returning to Fla..........NYC has the largest Italian American community in the country, and it's also NYC.

#3118 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Like Mojo, I don't see a point of the Ward/Raymond swap myself, we don't need a 3rd/4th line guy like Ward honestly we have Higgins, Hansen, Lappy, exc.

So if we are going to build a package around Mojo, how about Mojo and a 1st, and just that, the 1st will most likely be late, is that fair? Since you know more about them than I do.

It's not that we really need Ward that's why I want him, it's that GM would want us to take him as part of package. We would have to take back a bit of salary. MoJo is 22 years old in his EL contract.

MoJo + 1st for Luongo is not going to happen. That is asking for too much.

Oates is preaching an up tempo game. They may want a speedy guy like Raymond.

In a star player trade I don't recall the last time it was not a package deal. I am certain that there will be other player(s) going along with Lu.

Having said the above about Ward I think he would help with some size and grit. Also had a pretty good playoff with NSH 2 years ago. Need a guy who can rise to the occasion when chips are down.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#3119 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Lu
Sedin
Sedin

for

Tavares
Baliey
Pile of Rocks

derp :emot-parrot:

zackass.png

#3120 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

LOL @ anyone who honestly thinks Islanders are trading Tavares. Seriously...get real.

If Lu was willing to play in Brooklyn, Bailey and Nino would be great pieces. We'd probably have to sweeten the pot to get both.

Islanders may be a team interested in Raymond. He has some proven chemistry with Grabner.

Luo actually looks like he hails from Brooklyn.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.