3455 replies to this topic

#3121 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'm almost certain Lu is going to the Sharks, and probably today.

1) Gillis wouldn't have said what he did about "waiting on a player" unless it was immediately pending. Gomez has been with the Sharks for days now, and the contract was basically inevitable.

2) Sharks have a TON of centers: Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Handzus, Desjardins...now Gomez?

3) Niemi hasn't been getting it done for them at all. Goaltending is their #1 weakness.

4) Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle aren't getting any younger. They have to go for it this year and next.

5) Sharks have a good team - no reason Lu wouldn't want to go there.

My guess is Pavelski, Niemi, and a pick/prospect for Luongo and Raymond. Cap hits are a wash.
Posted Image

#3122 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Possibly the worst proposal of all time.

When Gillis said roster player, prospect, and pick, he wasn't referring to a perennial allstar, a top tier prospect, and a lottery pick

It is the Islanders we are talking about here! They've been know to make the odd dumb move :shock:

#3123 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Lu
Sedin
Sedin

for

Tavares
Baliey
Pile of Rocks

derp :emot-parrot:

You must be a leafs fan ;)

#3124 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

yes

i am goalie bot

i must stop every shot

i read goalie texbooks

i stop even crazy snipes because i am textbook perfect

i am goalie bot

please increase my rebound control now that you have more experience points

lmao

blame? the shot was the kind of shot maybe stamkos, crosby, malkin and ovechkin can pull off...and eberle did

read what you said at the every end "damn impressive shot....at that speed, angle etc"

Anyone who's played competitive hockey, you know what their reaction was to that highight reel goal? Holy crap what a snipe.

Canucks fans, who do nothing other than play ps3 and have never competed on the ice and only know how to critisize- "oh his shoulders weren't square" (aka - "thats what I hear all the pundits saying..so i'll repeat it")

Wow...as I said goal 2 sure...goal 1...umm wake up

Um did you not read my post? I was actually supporting that it wasn't all Loungo's fault and that Edler shared equal blame. I was telling all the people who put the blame on Loungo that it wasn't entirely his fault. I also stated it was an incredible shot. But Loungo was not square to the shot and with 3 seconds left in the period, that's goal you need to save. He was off tilt and had his shoulder slumped. But as I stated that shot should not have been there in the first place. Please read the actual post before just coming up with random attempts at insults and respond a little bit more maturely instead of throwing around insults about video games. Just because someone disagrees with your assessment does not mean they don't know anything about hockey.

Posted Image

Edited by DooBie604, 22 January 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#3125 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,348 posts

wouldn't that be a double buyout if Vis is staying in Russia? Doubt ownership would bite on that. That said, I think it's a reasonable proposal, but I think Van has to add a pick or mid level prospect

I think that Visnovsky may report to the Canucks. He would add that offensive element for the left side 3rd pairing that Ballard has not been able to translate. His contract is only until the end of the year so it's a matter of getting something for Ballard now that can help the team this year rather than dump him for nothing in the offseason.

Dipietro is an interesting case because the team doesn't have to pay his salary if he's on LTIR as that is convered by insurance (which itself must be huge on Dipitero). What it does do is make the backend of the deals equitable re: the the new cap compliance rules for longterm contracts.. The Canucks may not need to buy him out right away and could wait to see his health status.

Edited by theminister, 22 January 2013 - 01:46 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3126 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Edit

Thought gomez signed, according to thread in CDC but now it looks like the title may be misleading.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#3127 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Luongo, I would think, has settled himself with the fact that he is NOT returning to Fla..........NYC has the largest Italian American community in the country, and it's also NYC.

That's kinda what I meant, I herd some people say Columbus is closer so he should be cool with it

Lol
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3128 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

1) Gillis wouldn't have said what he did about "waiting on a player" unless it was immediately pending. Gomez has been with the Sharks for days now, and the contract was basically inevitable.

2) Sharks have a TON of centers: Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Handzus, Desjardins...now Gomez?

3) Niemi hasn't been getting it done for them at all. Goaltending is their #1 weakness.

4) Thornton, Marleau, and Boyle aren't getting any younger. They have to go for it this year and next.

My guess is Pavelski, Niemi, and a pick/prospect for Luongo and Raymond. Cap hits are a wash.

David Pollak@PollakOnSharks

More praise for Gomez from #SJSharks, but looks as if it might take another 24 hours before any announcement. See http://www.mercuryne...r-day-scott …

#3129 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

I feel the same way. Why would he do this now..

1. He's attempting to take heat off the team after back to back losses. He has changed the narrative until Calgary game on Wednesday.
2. Gillis is attempting to raise Luongo's value.
3. MG is telling the truth.

I think the most likely scenario is #1.

I dunno.. I think it could be a 1 and 3 combo.

Not saying its Philly but ill use that at an example. Maybe he has a solid offer from them but they said they gotta move bryz first and it might take a year.. If that's the case his whole laid back in no rush philosophy makes alot of sense right now. Otherwise he would still be trying hard to negotiate a Toronto deal to improve the team.

Who knows who it is but if that is the case, any GM would have cooled down talks and told Lu to chill out for he year and this is what we can do.

#3130 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

delete. I had wrong info.

Edited by WHL rocks, 22 January 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#3131 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I don't see it. I don't think they would trade Pavelski.

If it was gonna be anyone it would be Clowe IMO. He suits our need more than Pavelski does.

I would do Clowe, Niemi, and a pick/prospect for Luongo+

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3132 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

David Pollak@PollakOnSharks

More praise for Gomez from #SJSharks, but looks as if it might take another 24 hours before any announcement. See http://www.mercuryne...-scott …

There's no way I want Marleau. Bieksa would just beat the crap outta him again.

#3133 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

It's not that we really need Ward that's why I want him, it's that GM would want us to take him as part of package. We would have to take back a bit of salary. MoJo is 22 years old in his EL contract.

MoJo + 1st for Luongo is not going to happen. That is asking for too much.

Oates is preaching an up tempo game. They may want a speedy guy like Raymond.

In a star player trade I don't recall the last time it was not a package deal. I am 100% certain that there will be other player(s) going along with Lu.

Having said the above about Ward I think he would help with some size and grit. Also had a pretty good playoff with NSH 2 years ago. Need a guy who can rise to the occasion when chips are down.

Yeah I agree, does seem a steep, I had doubts they would even give up Mojo but if they seriously want him that is probably the price.

Maybe.

Luongo, Raymond for Mojo, prospect (Galiev?), 2nd?

Or Maybe Neuvirth is in the deal. Idk but what do you think, cause the point you make might make Raymond's actual mean something decent in the deal.

zackass.png

#3134 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

There's no way I want Marleau. Bieksa would just beat the crap outta him again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHnIn77NDPk

I was at the game that night. Had a great site line for this fight, center ice, 14 or 16 row. Bieksa tuned him up pretty good.

#3135 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

If it was gonna be anyone it would be Clowe IMO. He suits our need more than Pavelski does.

Clowe is a UFA after this season. I don't see how they make that deal unless he agrees to an extension when he arrives.

#3136 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Clowe is a UFA after this season. I don't see how they make that deal unless he agrees to an extension when he arrives.

Pavelski is a UFA after next season. Both would be short term players. Clowe for 1 season >> Pavelski for two seasons.

The fact that he's a UFA after this season just means we would have to get a better pick or prospect back.

Clowe is exactly the type of playoff player this team has been lacking. He was way more value to us then Pavelski.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3137 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Luongo for Crosby and 3 first rounders

One can dream!!!

#3138 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Pavelski is a UFA after next season. Both would be short term players. Clowe for 1 season >> Pavelski for two seasons.

The fact that he's a UFA after this season just means we would have to get a better pick or prospect back.

Clowe is exactly the type of playoff player this team has been lacking. He was way more value to us then Pavelski.

.could be havlat too :(

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#3139 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Um did you not read my post? I was actually supporting that it wasn't all Loungo's fault and that Edler shared equal blame. I was telling all the people who put the blame on Loungo that it wasn't entirely his fault. I also stated it was an incredible shot. But Loungo was not square to the shot and with 3 seconds left in the period, that's goal you need to save. He was off tilt and had his shoulder slumped. But as I stated that shot should not have been there in the first place. Please read the actual post before just coming up with random attempts at insults and respond a little bit more maturely instead of throwing around insults about video games. Just because someone disagrees with your assessment does not mean they don't know anything about hockey.

Posted Image

great pic, but I disagree with giving Edler as much blame. As I have said previously, against a dangler like Eberle, you can't attack him, so you force him outside and to shoot from as far from the slot as you can..........though he was beat to the outside, Edler accomplished this. watch the video........that was a bad goal, and a goal that changed the momentum of the game.

#3140 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

You must be a leafs fan ;)

Just trying to lighten the thread up a bit more my friend.

No I would far rather Pavelski than Clowe.

Can play RW or C or he would slot on any line.

Think of a line that consists of: Booth - Kesler - Pavelski

Would rather that then Booth - Kesler - Clowe, Pavelski brings more speed to the line which is the trade mark of it IMO, speed, strength, power.

Edit: 2 years of Pavelski > 1 year of Clowe.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 22 January 2013 - 02:03 PM.

zackass.png

#3141 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I agree, but I just don't see MG trading Lu to a team he could very possibly meet in the first three rounds of the playoffs...........especially the WCF

#3142 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,348 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Holy crap guys.... Lou was cheating for the pass in front and was probably thrown off by the flying Edler stick.

Lou could have played it better, Eddie could have played it better, Eberle played it perfectly. Goals go in, every player makes mistakes.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3143 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Yeah I agree, does seem a steep, I had doubts they would even give up Mojo but if they seriously want him that is probably the price.

Maybe.

Luongo, Raymond for Mojo, prospect (Galiev?), 2nd?

Or Maybe Neuvirth is in the deal. Idk but what do you think, cause the point you make might make Raymond's actual mean something decent in the deal.

I don't know Kass. I'm not sure you get 2 young kids out of WSH + a 2nd rounder. Galiev is a pretty good prospect for them. Not like Kuznetsov and Forsberg but just 1 step below.

I think MoJo is going to be a real good player. Getting him would be a good trade. I think we would have to take a veteran from them to take back a bit of salary. It could even be a guy like Poti on D who makes close to $3 mill. He was hurt for a very long time, going into UFA year and claims to be healthy. He's down in Hershey on conditioning stint right now. Not sure my self but I think if you get Johansson you take back some salary.

Lu + Raymond comes to around $9 mill salry and $7.5 mill In cap. We would have to take back something to get a deal done, not just a top tier EL and a very solid prospect plus pick.

Just my 2 cents on it so lets see how it evolves.

#3144 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

I agree, but I just don't see MG trading Lu to a team he could very possibly meet in the first three rounds of the playoffs...........especially the WCF

Wouldn't matter if we got clowe and just parked him in Lu's crease byfugelin style lol.

Id do it for clowe+ if we got to talk extension before hand.

#3145 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

great pic, but I disagree with giving Edler as much blame. As I have said previously, against a dangler like Eberle, you can't attack him, so you force him outside and to shoot from as far from the slot as you can..........though he was beat to the outside, Edler accomplished this. watch the video........that was a bad goal, and a goal that changed the momentum of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgjhZ1BatKI

This what happen , Sedin blew it by falling down and Edler let Eberle skate around him and Eberle is a star player with a great shot .

The new kids on the block showed up sunday and looked really good in there season opener on the road

Edited by ccc44, 22 January 2013 - 02:18 PM.

Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#3146 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgjhZ1BatKI

I can see where your coming from but it seems we will not agree. It's a matter of opinion I suppose. I just think they both made a poor split second decision so both are to blame for that goal but people make mistakes, especially this early in the season. Agree to disagree.

#3147 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

ya an it happens, he was taking away the bottom because there is a higher probability. Jesus are you guys blind? He's not a friggen robot, thats a great play by Eberle, and a seeing eye shot.

wow man, strap on some skates and learn to play the game vs reading textbook comments from a goaltending coach and thinking every player can perform perfectly in every situation. If that were the case we'd see 0-0 games 82 games a year right?

It was not a weak goal, it was a terrific shot, there is a difference. Goal 2 sure, weak and shouldn't have gone in under any circumstances.

Wow guys...learn to play some hockey and you'll figure out how difficult a shot Eberle finished on.

...Listen up !!!! Lou said he should have had it....get it??????

#3148 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I didn't really think about it before but SJ could be a very real possibility.

From what I know, Dallas is aiming to resign Benn. IMO, I'm almost certain this is the domino that is waiting to fall.

Edit: Then again, Lehtonen has been doing good.

Speculation of course.

Edited by Tystick, 22 January 2013 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image

#3149 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I disagree. Not only does Pavelski fit our needs, but also the Sharks would be far less likely to move Clowe. As pointed out, they have a plethora of centers, but are thin on natural wingers - especially ones who are physically punishing like Clowe.

IMO, the ideal player for our needs will be:

1) Able to play the 2nd C role until Kesler returns - and by extension, fill in if there are future injuries.

2) Be able to switch to 2nd line RW when Henrik and Kesler are healthy.

3) Be predominantly a "playmaker" for the 2nd line, as Kesler and Booth don't seem to have the vision.

4) Be able to run our 2nd PP unit.

...Pavelski fills each of these needs perfectly. Just as Luongo fills their biggest weakness perfectly.

Edited by D-Money, 22 January 2013 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image

#3150 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Lu and Ballard
For
Vis and Nino

Seems fair, perhaps NYI adding a little. Ballard would do well in the east again and Lu would give them great goaltending with veteran experience.
Canucks get a very good prospect in Nino that asked for a trade and an offensive dman in his last year that doesn't want to play for NYI.
NYI is moving in 2015 to Brooklyn, a lot more desirable place to play with easy commutes and Islanders need help attracting free agents. Good fit for both teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.