The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I don't think it is that risky, maybe they won't produce but they won't be a liability defensively IMO.

Like I said they all have interesting dimensions to their game that combined could be a great line, I'm excited to see how it goes, if it goes fine it would be a very dynamic line.

I honestly think Mike Gillis is an idiot. He NEVER makes a bold move in ANY way. He thinks all these "Cam Barker" type deals are going to make a stronger team. WHY DID HE TRADE AWAY HODGSON!? He tosses around words like "depth", yeah depth has never won us a cup before! Secondly, he has made the dumbest moves in the history of this team. First of all, trading for Ballard!? Trading for Booth?!? What did that get us? Now he wants a king's ransom for Luongo! Are you serious Gillis? And what's up with our second line? Schroeder or Ebbett? ARE YOU SERIOUS! Mike is too loyal to his players. And he only cares about "size and grittyness" and not about skill! MAKE A MOVE GILLIS.

I honestly think Mike Gillis is an idiot. He NEVER makes a bold move in ANY way. He thinks all these "Cam Barker" type deals are going to make a stronger team. WHY DID HE TRADE AWAY HODGSON!? He tosses around words like "depth", yeah depth has never won us a cup before! Secondly, he has made the dumbest moves in the history of this team. First of all, trading for Ballard!? Trading for Booth?!? What did that get us? Now he wants a king's ransom for Luongo! Are you serious Gillis? And what's up with our second line? Schroeder or Ebbett? ARE YOU SERIOUS! Mike is too loyal to his players. And he only cares about "size and grittyness" and not about skill! MAKE A MOVE GILLIS.

No I prefer him gone today.. I'm just sayin it to get a response out of hard liners that say Lou is worth peanuts. I actually wanna know if they think his value would be increased or if his long contract is still worth bozak and a 3rd.

Luongo obviously doesn't want to be in Vancouver and by waiting longer Luongo's price is gonna drop dramitically. I'm not sure what Gillis is thinking, but if I were ownership I'd fire him immediately and replace him with a guy who actually knows how to make deals.

You're describing the polar opposite of Gillis in your posts. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have locked up Luongo, the Sedins, Burrows and Kesler long term as well as sign/trade for Hamhuis, Ehrhoff, Booth, Ballard, Higgins, Samuelsson, Lapierre, Torres, Kassian etc.

Think before you speak.

It doesn't take a lot of time to mosey on over to hockeydb.com. Look at Gudbranson's stats in the OHL. Then go look at a guy like Pietrangelo's.

He appears to be pretty strictly a defensive defenseman. IMO, a bad pick by the Panthers. Too high. I'll take Fowler ahead of him, thanks.

Luongo obviously doesn't want to be in Vancouver and by waiting longer Luongo's price is gonna drop dramitically. I'm not sure what Gillis is thinking, but if I were ownership I'd fire him immediately and replace him with a guy who actually knows how to make deals.

Archived