The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Not a great comparison but I'll go with it.

You say it was a bad pick, and that he went to early, but everyone had him at #3.

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ature/?id=24944

http://www.thescouti...kings-top-1-25/

So Gudbranson is in the NHL in his 2nd year, and he would have played last year if it wasn't for contract issues.

Pietrangelo took how many years to make the jump? 3? Don't get me wrong I am a huge Pietrangelo fan, I mean huge, I think this guy is better than Doughty, but just to make that comparison, Gudbranson is 2 years ahead of him.

Gudbranson is basicly Pronger expect a right handed shot, he is huge, skates well, has a bomb of a shot, is nasty, great defensively, smart offensively, high hockey IQ, everything you want in a 6'5 player, there is 0 chance we get him.

Fowler is futher ahead, and he is plays a one dimensional role which is easier to jump into right away, but Gudbranson will be the better player.

Luongo obviously doesn't want to be in Vancouver and by waiting longer Luongo's price is gonna drop dramitically. I'm not sure what Gillis is thinking, but if I were ownership I'd fire him immediately and replace him with a guy who actually knows how to make deals.

I think the best thing right now despite the second line issues would be to hold on to Luongo until the deadline. The cap part of things is not an issue this year, it will be next year. Sure the second line is not looking good with Kesler and Booth both out for a while but it;'s a good opportunity to give some of our players such as Schroeder and Kassian some minutes.

We'd be in far worse shape if we trade Luongo for someone like Bozak and then have schneider get injured or something. With the short season keeping both goalies is smart, both will still be playing like they have something to prove. Schneider may still have a poor season for all we know and we could be hating it that we traded Lou so early.

GM's will overpay at the deadline as they always do, and with the short season there will be less time for any team to create separation in the standings so when the deadline rolls around and more teams are on the cusp there will certainly be more players in the luongo sweepstakes.

I dont see the rush in trading him I think we'd only get less for Lou now.

I think the best thing right now despite the second line issues would be to hold on to Luongo until the deadline. The cap part of things is not an issue this year, it will be next year. Sure the second line is not looking good with Kesler and Booth both out for a while but it;'s a good opportunity to give some of our players such as Schroeder and Kassian some minutes.

We'd be in far worse shape if we trade Luongo for someone like Bozak and then have schneider get injured or something. With the short season keeping both goalies is smart, both will still be playing like they have something to prove. Schneider may still have a poor season for all we know and we could be hating it that we traded Lou so early.

GM's will overpay at the deadline as they always do, and with the short season there will be less time for any team to create separation in the standings so when the deadline rolls around and more teams are on the cusp there will certainly be more players in the luongo sweepstakes.

I dont see the rush in trading him I think we'd only get less for Lou now.

Can't tell if sarcastic... 4-6 weeks is roughly about 18 games, about 1/3 of the season. While this might make a Luongo trade slightly more possible, I think that goaltending will be relied upon in the coming weeks to give a weakened offensive team a chance to win every game.

Archived