Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3455 replies to this topic

#3451 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

add in Ballard to MTL, lol

#3452 Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Not saying WSH/Laich isn't the mystery team/player, but Laich has had 5 fights in 4 seasons in the NHL....I wouldn't call that 'willing to drop the gloves' as you say.

This team needs toughness IMO. I know he's not a center, but I'm praying that the guy Gillis is targeting is Clowe and they get one of SJ's other centermen to simply 'fill-in' until Kesler returns. Clowe is exactly the type of player this team is missing. Pavelski would be a great addition as well, but not as good as Clowe considering how this team is built right now. Clowe is who I hope Kassian develops into in 2-3 years. With the Sedins, he could be a 30g guy and hold other teams accountable for their actions finally.

I didn't say Laich was a goon, I said he's willing to drop the gloves (which he has done before). That's something Malhotra doesn't do anymore and since he'd essentially be Manny's replacement next year, that's an additional dimension he could bring that is not currently there with Manny (on top of 20g 20a production).

However, I'd love to have Clowe and you're right about having him mentor Kassian. I just can't see SJ parting with him.

Edit: Laich also adds to overall "team toughness" more than Manny does in the sense of hits.

Edited by Millerdraft, 23 January 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#3453 Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Lupul said to be "very upset" coming out of the Xray room after being hit by a puck playing vs the Pens tonight.

Time to panic
Posted Image

#3454 higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

It was part of a 3 way trade that someone I know aparently heard about. Im was not saying this will happen but posted it for discussion. BuretoMogilny and a few others posted why they thought it was non plausible. This was the main parts to the 3 way that we were talking about:

Vancouver: Suban
Montreal: Huberdeau
Florida: Luongo

Florida has already said they will not trade Huberdeau for Luongo. How is this any different?

#3455 oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,102 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Funny thing about the Toronto media's response to Gillis' news.

They showed their cards once again. Truth is they have no idea who Gillis is talking to and about what.

If they weren't very interested in Luongo, the news wouldn't have initiated that kind of response - ie. uh, oh that's interesting, who really cares?
Instead, they bit hard and over-reacted in firm denial: ie. NO NO, we're the only ones who 'don't want' Luongo.

Either way, Gillis just owned them...again.

Edited by oldnews, 23 January 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#3456 elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Lupul said to be "very upset" coming out of the Xray room after being hit by a puck playing vs the Pens tonight.

Time to panic

Fractured forearm after being hit by the point shot.

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.