The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I hate Luongo more than anyone, I have said since Luongo v1.0 that his value is worthless.

The more I am reading into this the more I am starting to change my mind.

Even a cocky bastard like myself can admit when im wrong.

I think because of the short season

The urgency to win becomes greater for TO.

The urgency to generate ticket sales from lost rev becomes greater for FLA.TB,NYI

The rookie hangover in WASH is long gone.

SJ has an aging core that couldn’t get the job done 5 years younger.

CHI and PHI are a goaltender away from a Stanley cup.

Every point is critical and I don’t think these teams can afford to wait till the summer or the trade deadline.

Advantage Gillis.

I just read that Lou is again working with Francois Allaire, his old goalie coach. That in itself says something about his tenure with the Canucks. Melanson is the Canuck Goaltender coach, the same coach that helped get LOu's GAA down to a great 2.11 in 2010-11. Last season, Lou reverted back, for the most part, to the Allaire method and saw his average climb almost 1/3 goal per game to 2.41. Lou is obviously more comfortable with that style but, its less effective for him. I think theres a sign here , that he will not be a Canuck, or he would be , should be, working with Melanson. Unless Allaire has some new tricks for Lou, I certainly don;t see him improving over last season. The hybid system works better, is less predictable and proven more effective for him. Why would he not continue to use it? Very strange, unfanthomable actually and defies logic.

101 is a HUGE Luongo fan, wants Schneider gone because he is such a threat to his hero. There is little logic, but tons of emotion in his position. It makes him feel better to keep offering up Schneider as trade bait, when, all things point to Lou as the one being traded. You can lead a horse to water, but ya can;t make him drink ES. No one will/can change his mind, although I believe he knows whats going to happen, that Lou will be traded.

I just read that Lou is again working with Francois Allaire, his old goalie coach. That in itself says something about his tenure with the Canucks. Melanson is the Canuck Goaltender coach, the same coach that helped get LOu's GAA down to a great 2.11 in 2010-11. Last season, Lou reverted back, for the most part, to the Allaire method and saw his average climb almost 1/3 goal per game to 2.41. Lou is obviously more comfortable with that style but, its less effective for him. I think theres a sign here , that he will not be a Canuck, or he would be , should be, working with Melanson. Unless Allaire has some new tricks for Lou, I certainly don;t see him improving over last season. The hybid system works better, is less predictable and proven more effective for him. Why would he not continue to use it? Very strange, unfanthomable actually and defies logic.

Me thinks Toronto wants Luongo bad. Arguably need him.

Florida on the other hand would like to have Lou. Nice nostalgic storyline. He wants to go there.

All other teams are pretenders IMO. Whether due to conference rival, cap resources, or no interest.

Without a doubt the best case scenario for said player and team (VCR) is to move ASAP. The Canucks have a huge hole to fill at center. No Kesler and Pahlsson will put huge strain on the ability to match up well against any top tier teams. (especially in a 48 game season)

Malhotra ,Lapierre and Schroeder(rookie) absolutely will not give AV and Gillis confidence to contend. If they did they would have never acquired Pahlsson last season.

The starting point for either deal has to be Weiss and Bozak. The remainder will likely be a depth player (most likely defense) and a decent prospect or draft pick.

So who would you prefer? Bozak is 26 6'1 195lbs makes 1.5m is UFA at seasons end. Weiss is 29 5'11 190lbs makes 3.1m and is also UFA.

Me thinks Toronto wants Luongo bad. Arguably need him.

Florida on the other hand would like to have Lou. Nice nostalgic storyline. He wants to go there.

All other teams are pretenders IMO. Whether due to conference rival, cap resources, or no interest.

Without a doubt the best case scenario for said player and team (VCR) is to move ASAP. The Canucks have a huge hole to fill at center. No Kesler and Pahlsson will put huge strain on the ability to match up well against any top tier teams. (especially in a 48 game season)

Malhotra ,Lapierre and Schroeder(rookie) absolutely will not give AV and Gillis confidence to contend. If they did they would have never acquired Pahlsson last season.

The starting point for either deal has to be Weiss and Bozak. The remainder will likely be a depth player (most likely defense) and a decent prospect or draft pick.

So who would you prefer? Bozak is 26 6'1 195lbs makes 1.5m is UFA at seasons end. Weiss is 29 5'11 190lbs makes 3.1m and is also UFA.

Archived