JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

adater ‏@adater

Quote:
Just heard what everyone else heard: Flyers are now players in Luongo hunt. #gameon

james duthie‏@tsnjamesduthie

Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo.

That makes Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Edmonton, Chicago, Boston (if you believe Eklund) and now Philly as all in for Luongo. Courtier and Coburn for Luongo!

Wayne Simmonds solves a lot of our problems.
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#842 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Who do you guys think we could get from Philly? Obviously Couturier would be sick but I doubt Philly would move him.

1zcq151.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#843 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

:lol: Haha and you have proven your intelligence by using your post to insult me rather than actually address my points with more of your terrible logic.

Nice one.

I have provided you with constant logic and you are so in love with your man crush/bromance with Kadri you can't even understand it.

#844 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

james duthie@tsnjamesduthie

Doesn't mean they are going to get him. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll make an offer. But they've inquired. Could buy out Bryz in June.

Makes the glasses seem more less half full now, if they buyout Bryz in june then let's look at it long and hard and see what they are willing to give, but right now I don't see it.

zackass.png

#845 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

One thing I like about Philly being involved is that Paul Holmgren doesn't screw around. If he wants to get Luongo, he will get Luongo.

Edited by Nas19, 09 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#846 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

I have provided you with constant logic and you are so in love with your man crush/bromance with Kadri you can't even understand it.

Haha what is your logic?

Calling Kadri a career AHLer than turning around and essentially saying he could be the leafs answer to the #1 center spot.

Brilliant logic.

zackass.png

#847 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

I would take the Kadri deal over the Bozak deal.

Kadri can play on the 2nd until Kes returns, and Bozak isn't really much of an improvement on Lappierre in my opinon, it's not worth taking him over the great value and future value Kadri brings.

Personally if we are going for a Rental from the leafs I would much rather McArthur than Bozak (Yes Clarke can play RW), We have a few guys capable of playing in the third line role (Lappy, Manny, maybe even JS), but no one is proven that they can fill the 2nd RW spot aside from maybe Higgins who fits alot better on the 3rd.

Just for this example I'll use Lappy in the 3C spot.

I Would much rather:

Booth - Kesler - McArthur
Higgins - Lappierre - Hansen

Than:

Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Bozak - Hansen

Kadri can't play 2nd line for the leafs but all of a sudden he's good enough to play 2nd on the canucks.

love that LOGIC!!!!

LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC
LOGIC

#848 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

So who's going to be their 'stand on his head' goalie? Dubnyk?

as apposed to whom?

#849 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,008 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

You guys think Bozak and Gardiner would be better than Kadri and Gardiner for the present?

We aren't getting a 1st on top of either of those 2 proposals so stop with the + 1st stuff, please.

That's a tough choice. Bozak would help us win now along with Gardiner who would help us both win now AND in the future, or Kadri who would help us 2-3 years from now and beyond.

I think I'd take Gardiner + Bozak.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#850 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Who do you guys think we could get from Philly? Obviously Couturier would be sick but I doubt Philly would move him.

After looking at there roster I think the main piece in their offer if they bought out Bryz would be Matt Read, he has been mentioned in other trade Rumours for other star players so there is a history to prove he would be expendable.

He's not bad but I'm not entirely interested in him.

zackass.png

#851 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST HUMAN BEING ALIVE - WHERE DID I SAY HE COULD BE THERE NUMBER 1? PLEASE PROVIDE THE QUOTE

IDIOT

I SHOWED YOU HOW FLAWED YOUR LOGIC IS AND YOU RESPOND LIKE A RETARDED 5 YR OLD MONKEY WITH TERETS

Was it worth it?
Posted Image

#852 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

The GHL style is back !

#853 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

If Philly gets interested-which is BEAUTIFUL to hear-dominoes falling may lead to Pittsburgh inquiring. Fleury was simply brutal last spring.

#854 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

One thing I like about Philly being involved is that Paul Holmgren doesn't screw around. If he wants to get Luongo, he will get Luongo.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Don't think that Carter and Richards winning the cup last season didn't irk him a little bit. Fans are still a little bitter about that.

Holmgrem is like Sather. When he wants a player, he eliminates all competition by going all in. Don't be surprised to see them offer one of their top young players.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#855 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

If Philly gets interested-which is BEAUTIFUL to hear-dominoes falling may lead to Pittsburgh inquiring. Fleury was simply brutal last spring.

Not gonna happen.

Fleury won the cup there - he is not going anywhere, anytime soon.
Posted Image

#856 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,008 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Things are getting more interesting.

james duthieVerified ‏@tsnjamesduthie
Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo.

I could honestly see them acquire Luongo and then amnesty buy out Bryzgalov

Interesting indeed. Who could we get from Philly for Luongo?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#857 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

adater ‏@adater

Quote:
Just heard what everyone else heard: Flyers are now players in Luongo hunt. #gameon

james duthie‏@tsnjamesduthie

That makes Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Edmonton, Chicago, Boston (if you believe Eklund) and now Philly as all in for Luongo. Courtier and Coburn for Luongo!

Yes, there are many clubs interested as some of us have been saying. Some PPL on CDC were calling Luongo a salary dump or buyout candidate. There is interest from many clubs and MG will get a good return that improves the team now and in the future.

Philly just realized what happened in TOR with BB. With rumors of Gardiner and Kadri they know they are going to have to pay to play. This is a great day for Canucks fans.

Wish they got involved earlier, I would have loved to have JVR as part of the package.

#858 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Wow a bit of a shock to me, I still think it is unlikely though, the target would be something they don't want to part and I'm not interested in Talbot+ prospect/1st (If they even have any interesting prospects other than Laughton)

Not even all that interested in Talbot we have the same thing in Lappy and aside from that they won't give us Simmonds, Voracek, Couturier, Schenn exc. Then a buyout is much nicer said than done.

It adds some optimism that maybe there is a greater market with more possbilities but I don't see much of a fit myself.

You never know, Brayden Shenn was seen as untouchable for the Kings once.

I was actually gonna make a trade proposal regarding Couturier... hear me out :P

So, with Pronger's future uncertain (+ his age) and them losing out on Weber, I believe they are looking for a #1 or 2A defenceman.

Could Edler be that guy? Couturier is a Nucks fan, big and potential #1 Centre once the Twins retire.

Edler + Schroeder OR Gaunce for Couturier + ??

Would that be enough to entice Philly into entertaining a deal?? :D

#859 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST HUMAN BEING ALIVE - WHERE DID I SAY HE COULD BE THERE NUMBER 1? PLEASE PROVIDE THE QUOTE

IDIOT

I SHOWED YOU HOW FLAWED YOUR LOGIC IS AND YOU RESPOND LIKE A RETARDED 5 YR OLD MONKEY WITH TERETS

:lol: Oh BTM your just something.

I said essentially, again more proof that you fail to read before you start stomping on your keyboard.

You have said numourous times that you can't see why they would trade Kadri since there biggest hole is at center then whenever I bring up why he might work here you turn around and say he is a career AHLer.

Again great logic.

zackass.png

#860 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Interesting indeed. Who could we get from Philly for Luongo?

I would LOVE Sean Couturier.
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#861 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,319 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Luongo and Edler

for

Coburn and Schenn.

Brayden Schenn.

Edited by playboi19, 09 January 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Subbancopy.jpg

#862 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Not gonna happen.

Fleury won the cup there - he is not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Could, Fleury was horrible last year. Even a while back Crosby had to step in to keep Fleury playing as he was struggling.

Maybe a 3 way. Fleury to TML, Luongo to PITT and Kadri + + to VAN

#863 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

I wonder if this love/hate with Gillis and Burke saga continues - this time Gillis' stubbornness and Burke getting fired for not making the deal, actually helps Gillis drive up the value of Luongo in a shortened season with only 1 week to go before regular season? Works in Gillis' favour to make a deal if it's true Philly, Edmonton, Toronto are putting their best packages for Luongo. From the CBA news to the appearance of Luongo returning to play for the Nucks to this al within 1 week, certainly makes for an interesting reveal once the CBA is ratified by the players Saturday!

#864 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

You never know, Brayden Shenn was seen as untouchable for the Kings once.

I was actually gonna make a trade proposal regarding Couturier... hear me out :P

So, with Pronger's future uncertain (+ his age) and them losing out on Weber, I believe they are looking for a #1 or 2A defenceman.

Could Edler be that guy? Couturier is a Nucks fan, big and potential #1 Centre once the Twins retire.

Edler + Schroeder OR Gaunce for Couturier + ??

Would that be enough to entice Philly into entertaining a deal?? :D

I'm a huge Couturier fan aswell, but they weren't willing to put him in the deal for Weber who in my eyes is the best defensemen in the league.

I see the Edler idea as something that might work but I think Luongo and Edler would have to be in the deal to Couturier in it, they covet him that highly.

I would love to get him I just don't see it as likely, he could be there most valuable player after Giroux, certaintly top 3 or 5 in the orginzation.

zackass.png

#865 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Haha what is your logic?

Calling Kadri a career AHLer than turning around and essentially saying he could be the leafs answer to the #1 center spot.

Brilliant logic.

since your are clearly too stupid to understand anything i will give the monkey map for you maybe you can figure it out if you follow the chain ok simpleton?

1. You are in love with Kadri and think he's an NHL quality player (you've said the leafs hate him, and he could play 2nd line on the nucks) - that is what you have said.

2. I have said he as at best an AHL all star and a bust and shouldn't be part of any deal as anything other than a throw in.

3. You have stated the leafs have given up on him - i agree

4. Many hockey experts state the leafs 2 biggest holes are at center and goalie - nowhere have i or anyone else said only number 1 center.

5. If the leafs have a hole at center in GENERAL, and it could also be argued a lack of offensive players. One would logically conclude that if Kadri is as GOOD AS YOU SUGGEST, THEY WOULD DO THEIR UTMOST TO KEEP HIM GIVEN #4. Why you can't follow that chain of logic, only your mind knows.

6. Further you suggest, that the leafs have given up on him (as I said above). Despite their problems at center, and their lack of offensive players, you believe he could slide into a number two role in Vancouver - again your logic makes zero sense.

That logic being, that a player who is trying to make a team devoid of offensive players, offensive centers, and cannot, can somehow walk into the Pres Trophy winning team and be a number 2. When he can't even make the 5th worst team in the NHL.

Your logic is absurd, and your mind is that of a simpleton,.

Go develop your mind, you need it.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 09 January 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#866 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,022 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Oh, so the "excess supply" argument is valid for the Islanders, but absolutely not for the Vancouver Canucks, and Luongo's value with the knowledge that the Canucks also have Cory Schneider?

King - the Canucks are trading Luongo - they have excess supply. It doesn't change his value - it enables the team to move him.

#867 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Could, Fleury was horrible last year. Even a while back Crosby had to step in to keep Fleury playing as he was struggling.

Maybe a 3 way. Fleury to TML, Luongo to PITT and Kadri + + to VAN

No way it happens.

Fleury is a former 1st overall pick - that Pittsburgh grew with, and just because he bombed one playoff round; doesn't mean anything

He still had a decent season with 2.36 GAA and .913 % ( 2.32 GAA and .918% the year before).

Only thing I could see Pittsburgh adding is a bona-fide top 6 player for Crosby (*cough* Iginla *cough*)
Posted Image

#868 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,008 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I'd love to get Couturier too. Maybe a three-way deal could happen with us, Philly and the Leafs.

#869 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think Philly loves him more than Brayden Schenn.

Luongo and Edler

for

Coburn and Schenn.

Brayden Schenn.

Close. It'd probably be both Schenns and a 1st since Coburn has the NTC.

Edit: Although even that seems rather weak from our end.

Edited by Millerdraft, 09 January 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#870 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm a huge Couturier fan aswell, but they weren't willing to put him in the deal for Weber who in my eyes is the best defensemen in the league.

I see the Edler idea as something that might work but I think Luongo and Edler would have to be in the deal to Couturier in it, they covet him that highly.

I would love to get him I just don't see it as likely, he could be there most valuable player after Giroux, certaintly top 3 or 5 in the orginzation.

Oh really? damn i didnt know that, wow their management are really high on him eh? .... well that sucks D: lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.