The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

WOAH WOAH WOAH! I think i just pee'd myself. Bozak, Frattin + 2nd rounder??!? Dafuq?

She's a columnist for the Toronto Sun, apparently dating Matt Moulson. It's not inconceivable that she could have an inside source.

I'm not a fan of this deal if it is true. I wonder what the cap flex trade was? I hope we aren't retaining any cap hit on top of taking Burke's leftovers (except for Bozak).

First of all, this Jennifer Benson character doesn't even work for the Toronto Sun.

She claims to be a columnist, but isn't listed anywhere on their website.

Furthermore, she claims to be Matt Moulson's "baby mama", which really adds more credibility to her.

And the most hilarious part is that she thinks this would be a bad deal for the Leafs...No credibility whatsoever, just somebody trying to troll.

First of all, this Jennifer Benson character doesn't even work for the Toronto Sun.

She claims to be a columnist, but isn't listed anywhere on their website.

Furthermore, she claims to be Matt Moulson's "baby mama", which really adds more credibility to her.

And the most hilarious part is that she thinks this would be a bad deal for the Leafs...No credibility whatsoever, just somebody trying to troll.

I just read that Lou is again working with Francois Allaire, his old goalie coach. That in itself says something about his tenure with the Canucks. Melanson is the Canuck Goaltender coach, the same coach that helped get LOu's GAA down to a great 2.11 in 2010-11. Last season, Lou reverted back, for the most part, to the Allaire method and saw his average climb almost 1/3 goal per game to 2.41. Lou is obviously more comfortable with that style but, its less effective for him. I think theres a sign here , that he will not be a Canuck, or he would be , should be, working with Melanson. Unless Allaire has some new tricks for Lou, I certainly don;t see him improving over last season. The hybid system works better, is less predictable and proven more effective for him. Why would he not continue to use it? Very strange, unfanthomable actually and defies logic.

I really like Matt Frattin. Hes got real good wheels, a good shot, and had 81 hits in 56 games with the buds last year. Hes like Raymond with b@lls and a nose for the net. Just cause hes 25 doesnt mean hes washed up... He didnt break out untill his 4th year of colledge with 36 goals, 60 points in only 44 games, and last season was his very 1st pro season, in which he had 14 goals in 23 games with the Marlies before getting called up to the big league. The majority of players dont have good numbers in their first taste of the NHL... THeres a learning curve, and it can take time for alot of players to adapt, just like the majority of our core.... How old was Burrows before cracking the Nux lineup??

Leafs fans are not happy with this rumor.

Their reasoning was that Frattin was a scratch in the Marlies game...Guess what? So were alot of prospects around the AHL.

They obviously just pieced that together with the rumor of Bozak that was already out there to try and sound credible.

I dont like that deal because theres no center piece to it. If the 2nd is turned into 1st, It would be a good deal.

Frattin reminds me of Hansen, a very hard worker, fast and doest take a shift off. He is instantly a lock on the 4th line if we get him.

Bozak eliminates Malhotra from our lineup.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Bozak - Hansen

Frattin - Lappiere - Kassian

I really like Matt Frattin. Hes got real good wheels, a good shot, and had 81 hits in 56 games with the buds last year. Hes like Raymond with b@lls and a nose for the net. Just cause hes 25 doesnt mean hes washed up... He didnt break out untill his 4th year of colledge with 36 goals, 60 points in only 44 games, and last season was his very 1st pro season, in which he had 14 goals in 23 games with the Marlies before getting called up to the big league. The majority of players dont have good numbers in their first taste of the NHL... THeres a learning curve, and it can take time for alot of players to adapt, just like the majority of our core.... How old was Burrows before cracking the Nux lineup??

I dont like that deal because theres no center piece to it. If the 2nd is turned into 1st, It would be a good deal.

Frattin reminds me of Hansen, a very hard worker, fast and doest take a shift off. He is instantly a lock on the 4th line if we get him.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Bozak - Hansen

I'm not so worried about age, more about value coming back. We're taking a 4th round pick from 07', a free agent signing and soon to be UFA in Bozak, as well as a throw in 2nd round pick. These scraps combined do not equal Luongo.

Most people on here we struggling with the idea of Bozak, Kadri, and a 2nd, when that return is clearly superior to this new rumour. At least in this deal we get a top prospect.

I'm not so worried about age, more about value coming back. We're taking a 4th round pick from 07', a free agent signing and soon to be UFA in Bozak, as well as a throw in 2nd round pick. These scraps combined do not equal Luongo.

Most people on here we struggling with the idea of Bozak, Kadri, and a 2nd, when that return is clearly superior to this new rumour. At least in this deal we get a top prospect.

Well of course people here dont like it... They dont like anything unless its highway robbery...

Considering the liklihood of having few options, I think these additions give this team some very solid depth, especially when Kesler becomes healthy. I also think Bozak is underrated. He reminds me of Chris Higgins, and is very good on faceoffs.

a possible 3rd line of Higgins/Raymond - Bozak - Hansen is solid imo. All these players are capable of 40+ points and playing hard working and defensivley responsable shifts. When the cap crunch comes in next year, Frattin would be a nice peice at a 925,000 cap hit, who IMO has top 6 potential.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Bozak - Hansen

Archived