3455 replies to this topic

#871 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I think Philly loves him more than Brayden Schenn.

Close. It'd probably be both Schenns and a 1st since Coburn has the NTC.

Also with Meszaros and Pronger out - the Flyers will not move a D.
Posted Image

#872 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I would LOVE Sean Couturier.

All we need is FLA involved and we have a bidding war...for all those saying throw him to the leafs for bag of pucks Kadri lol...too bad the bromance will need to be watched by subscribing to AHL live.

#873 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

5. If the leafs have a hole at center in GENERAL, and it could also be argued a lack of offensive players. One would logically conclude that if Kadri is as GOOD AS YOU SUGGEST, THEY WOULD DO THEIR UTMOST TO KEEP HIM GIVEN #4. Why you can't follow that chain of logic, only your mind knows.

Just because a player is good and has potential, doesnt mean he is the right fit for the organization. (ex. Coho) Why wouldnt you consider trading him if an opportunity arose to fill one of your other holes (goalie)
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#874 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,763 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

Don't think that Carter and Richards winning the cup last season didn't irk him a little bit. Fans are still a little bitter about that.

Holmgrem is like Sather. When he wants a player, he eliminates all competition by going all in. Don't be surprised to see them offer one of their top young players.

It would help out with their defensive woes. If they can't get a star dman, get a star goalie.

Maybe they can pawn Bryz off on Toronto then for anything they can get while covering a bunch of the salary.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#875 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Last

#876 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST HUMAN BEING ALIVE - WHERE DID I SAY HE COULD BE THERE NUMBER 1? PLEASE PROVIDE THE QUOTE

IDIOT

I SHOWED YOU HOW FLAWED YOUR LOGIC IS AND YOU RESPOND LIKE A RETARDED 5 YR OLD MONKEY WITH TERETS

careful GHL....that got you into trouble here before !!

#877 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

:lol: Oh BTM your just something.

I said essentially, again more proof that you fail to read before you start stomping on your keyboard.

You have said numourous times that you can't see why they would trade Kadri since there biggest hole is at center then whenever I bring up why he might work here you turn around and say he is a career AHLer.

Again great logic.

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only reason the leafs would trade him if they have such a big hole there is why? why? wait for it...

lets make the big jump with our brains, its called putting 2 and 2 together, lets jump, and then answer is!!!

because he's a bust!

theeeeeerreee you go simple boy!

#878 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

careful GHL....that got you into trouble here before !!

what is GHL?

#879 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,932 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

I think Philly loves him more than Brayden Schenn.

Close. It'd probably be both Schenns and a 1st since Coburn has the NTC.

Edit: Although even that seems rather weak from our end.

Shenn and Sedin Bros. I like it :D

If Luongo and Edler are to be package to Philly we should target these players.

Shenn + Read + Gustafsson + Wellwood

#880 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

since your are clearly too stupid to understand anything i will give the monkey map for you maybe you can figure it out if you follow the chain ok simpleton?

1. You are in love with Kadri and think he's an NHL quality player (clearly given you've said the leafs hate him, and he could play 2nd line on the nucks) - that is what you have said.

2. I have said he as at best an AHL all star and a bust and shouldn't be part of any deal as anything other than a throw in.

3. You have stated the leafs have given up on him - i agree

4. Many hockey experts state the leafs 2 biggest holes are at center and goalie - no where have i or anyone else said only number 1 center.

5. If the leafs have a hole at center in GENERAL, and also could be argued a lack of offensive players. One would logically conclude that if Kadri is as GOOD AS YOU SUGGEST, THEY WOULD DO THEIR UTMOST TO KEEP HIM GIVEN #4. Why you can't follow that chain of logic, only your mind knows.

6. Further you suggest, the leafs have given up on him, despite their problems at center, and their lack of offensive players, and yet he could slide into a number two role in Vancouver - again your logic makes zero sense. That being, that a player who is trying to make a team devoid of offensive players, offensive centers, and cannot, can somehow walk into the Pres Trophy winning team and be a number 2. When he can't even make the 5th worst team in the NHL.

Your logic is absurd, and your mind is that of a simpleton,.

Go develop your mind, you need it.

:lol: Surprised you haven't been banned yet honestly, although I'm fine with it, CDC needs some comic relief.

I'll clearify my stance on these issue's one more time, cause im sure everyone is getting tired of seeing you throw your key board at the wall.

1. What I said was, Kadri potentially has the skillset & can play the position to fill a hole for us, & if he doesn't that's fine he is only 22 and would still be an excellent addition to our prospect pool.

2. Well that's your feeling cause your bias against him, whether you want to admit it or not it is clear since you don't really bring and logic as to why he can't play in the NHL other than that "he can't make the leafs" none of it has to do with assessing his game and potential.

3. Good then there isn't an arguement on this.

4. This is kinda beside the point, I wasn't picking at the goaltending being fine, a star goalie like Lu would be more beneficial to them than a 1st line center IMO.

5. Well they have enough players to fill the 2nd and 3rd lines, I don't see where he factors in, and even with that when he has played there an shown some promise they still sent him down, they don't have a lack of centers they just have a lack of a #1 center which has a trickle down affect and hurts the rest of there line-up. If they had a top line center Grabovski and Bozak would be #2 and #3 which are both good center's in those spots.

6. this is kind if repetitive, I never said he would take that spot for sure, again I said he has the skillset to do so & can play the position we need, he could potentially do it, if not then it isn't a failed acquisition as he is still young with plenty of time to develop. Also they don't have a lack of offensive players IMO they have a bunch of underpreforming players, and they don't have a lack at center just a lack of a #1 center which as stated before cripples the line-up due to a trickle down affect.

If your just going to take a sledge hammer to your keyboard don't reply, people wanna have a discussion, not see your cap locked posts, or even my replies to them for that matter.

zackass.png

#881 Kooner91

Kooner91

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Couturier+2013 3rd for Luongo+Sauve.

I'd do anything for Couturier involving Lu, but being realistic, its probably going to be Simmonds + for Luongo.
Posted Image
Markus Naslund- Forever A Canuck

#882 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

:lol: Surprised you haven't been banned yet honestly, although I'm fine with it, CDC needs some comic relief.

I'll clearify my stance on these issue's one more time, cause im sure everyone is getting tired of seeing you throw your key board at the wall.

1. What I said was, Kadri potentially has the skillset & can play the position to fill a hole for us, & if he doesn't that's fine he is only 22 and would still be an excellent addition to our prospect pool.

2. Well that's your feeling cause your bias against him, whether you want to admit it or not it is clear since you don't really bring and logic as to why he can't play in the NHL other than that "he can't make the leafs" none of it has to do with assessing his game and potential.

3. Good then there isn't an arguement on this.

4. This is kinda beside the point, I wasn't picking at the goaltending being fine, a star goalie like Lu would be more beneficial to them than a 1st line center IMO.

5. Well they have enough players to fill the 2nd and 3rd lines, I don't see where he factors in, and even with that when he has played there an shown some promise they still sent him down, they don't have a lack of centers they just have a lack of a #1 center which has a trickle down affect and hurts the rest of there line-up. If they had a top line center Grabovski and Bozak would be #2 and #3 which are both good center's in those spots.

6. this is kind if repetitive, I never said he would take that spot for sure, again I said he has the skillset to do so & can play the position we need, he could potentially do it, if not then it isn't a failed acquisition as he is still young with plenty of time to develop. Also they don't have a lack of offensive players IMO they have a bunch of underpreforming players, and they don't have a lack at center just a lack of a #1 center which as stated before cripples the line-up due to a trickle down affect.

If your just going to take a sledge hammer to your keyboard don't reply, people wanna have a discussion, not see your cap locked posts, or even my replies to them for that matter.

Don't like him?

How about the fact I can judge talent and you cant.

Done enjoy watching the Marlies this year kid.

#883 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Oh really? damn i didnt know that, wow their management are really high on him eh? .... well that sucks D: lol

Yeah as someone else said they like him more than B.Schenn, also I wouldn't really be interested in trading Both Luongo and Edler seeing as they won't give a quality defensemen back.

I would rather sign Edler myself, than get Wayne Simmonds or have to overpay for Brayden Schenn.

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only reason the leafs would trade him if they have such a big hole there is why? why? wait for it...

lets make the big jump with our brains, its called putting 2 and 2 together, lets jump, and then answer is!!!

because he's a bust!

theeeeeerreee you go simple boy!

Yes a 22 old is a bust cause he hasn't locked down a roster spot, if the entire league followed that logic I'm sure most of the star players wouldn't be in the NHL rather they would be in Europe since they would have been labelled a bust far to early and been given up on. The Sedins, Zetterberg & Datsyuk are a few that come to mind.

zackass.png

#884 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,763 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

King - the Canucks are trading Luongo - they have excess supply. It doesn't change his value - it enables the team to move him.

Person A has 1 pound of Gold
Person A has 1 pound of Silver

Conclusion:
I can trade my lucky penny for one pound of Silver because Person A has 1 pound of Gold thereby making his Silver useless.

Don't you get it man. :)

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#885 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Couturier+2013 3rd for Luongo+Sauve.

I'd do anything for Couturier involving Lu, but being realistic, its probably going to be Simmonds + for Luongo.

I'd be happy with Simmonds and something else for Lou. Regardless, if its true it will push up his price, exactly what we needed.

#886 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Don't like him?

How about the fact I can judge talent and you cant.

Done enjoy watching the Marlies this year kid.

If you are so great at judging talent why is it that your arguments consist of him not making the leafs as the be all and end all rather than assessing his game fairly?

But I agree, this has run it's course. Good day.

zackass.png

#887 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,026 posts

Coutourier would likely be Gillis' asking price. This team needs a center.

Any proposals involving wingers or defensemen don't really fill this team's needs.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#888 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts

If dealing with Holmgren, send cheaper young D alongside Luongo. Working with the theory that Roberto plays better anyways with a looser D, more shots against. Also ideal for Philly's cap-crunch.

Something like Luongo, Connaughton, Sauve for-

Simmonds, Coutourier & a 1st?

...This is where a bidding-war may lead to.

#889 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Yeah as someone else said they like him more than B.Schenn, also I wouldn't really be interested in trading Both Luongo and Edler seeing as they won't give a quality defensemen back.

I would rather sign Edler myself, than get Wayne Simmonds or have to overpay for Brayden Schenn.

Yes a 22 old is a bust cause he hasn't locked down a roster spot, if the entire league followed that logic I'm sure most of the star players wouldn't be in the NHL rather they would be in Europe since they would have been labelled a bust far to early and been given up on. The Sedins, Zetterberg & Datsyuk are a few that come to mind.

WOW you just compared kadri to the sedins/datsyuk/zetterberg...that is the implication of your logic.

I know they just legalized pot in Washington, you been making alot of trips down south?

lol

#890 TVank15

TVank15

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

I would love to get Couturier, but highly doubt it will happen. I would also not mind seeing Briere come back our way. Briere and the Sedins on the power play could be fun to watch!

Also think Simmonds would be a good guy to go after.

Edited by TVank15, 09 January 2013 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks to 23Qwerty

#891 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

yes yes yes let the bidding war begins! :emot-parrot:

#892 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,412 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

All we need is FLA involved and we have a bidding war...for all those saying throw him to the leafs for bag of pucks Kadri lol...too bad the bromance will need to be watched by subscribing to AHL live.

Florida has been involved since the beginning.

Subbancopy.jpg

#893 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Also with Meszaros and Pronger out - the Flyers will not move a D.

That's a very good point. I wonder if they'd have interest in Alberts. We could replace him with Vandemeer...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#894 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

phaneuf won't fit anywhere in our lineup. he'd be on the 3rd pairing, like ballard with a bigger contract.

If you get Phaneuf, you MAKE him fit. Ridiculous.

#895 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Florida has been involved since the beginning.

Agree but they were playing the nobody wants him card, the same the leafs were...now we see who really wants him. If they really do, Bjugstad has to be part of the deal if the Leafs and Philly are in too...

Btw, to all my detractors (Smashian Kassian), a few days ago/week or so I stated Philly/Washington/Islanders could be interested and many laughed at the thought bc of Bryz.

Wow, I guess I do get it...lol.

#896 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

yes yes yes let the bidding war begins! :emot-parrot:

Gillis sitting in his office right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#897 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I was surprised when Howaon gave in and traded Nash to NYR. I couldn't believe he didnt wait or better package.

MG is handling this the right way. Don't rush into a trade. Patience is a virtue.

#898 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Gillis has been very shrewd in his patience, & I hope he can wait a little more. If so many teams are lining up, surely a few of them will have gt-issues, early on.

#899 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

WOW you just compared kadri to the sedins/datsyuk/zetterberg...that is the implication of your logic.

I know they just legalized pot in Washington, you been making alot of trips down south?

lol

When did I compare them?

I said they are examples of team not giving up in there development at 22, and them turning out to fulfill there potential. Just like the prediciment Kadri seems to be in.

You just read whatever you want whatever way you want, dodge everything that makes you look bad and always made a snappy reply, with no real logic besides what you see at face value, you have to break things down and consider variables and dynamics and things when you made decisions or else there is a good chance you could make a big mistake you don't see coming.

I think your the one that has been taking those trips down south, can we just end this though, you are hell-bent against accepting anything beyond face value coupled with the stigma of him being apart of the Leafs, so there is really no point in arguing.

zackass.png

#900 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Coutourier would likely be Gillis' asking price. This team needs a center.

Any proposals involving wingers or defensemen don't really fill this team's needs.

And Gillis wants cheap, young ELC type players as well. Couturier fits that role and so does Schenn. It is very possible that Gillis knows Edler will not accept a </= $5m/year contract like the rest of the D and is willing to take Luke Schenn's $3.6m if it means he can get such a great return as Brayden Schenn & a 1st.

Philly is gonna have the Carter, Richards, Giroux icetime/salary dilemma again very soon with Giroux, Couturier and Schenn. Exactly one year and a half from now.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.