3455 replies to this topic

#901 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Btw, to all my detractors (Smashian Kassian), a few days ago/week or so I stated Philly/Washington/Islanders could be interested and many laughed at the thought bc of Bryz.

Wow, I guess I do get it...lol.

I'm not surprised they have shown interest, I would have been shocked if they ended up not showing any but it doesn't seem like a fit for a trade partner, I said that before and I maintain it now unless they get the urge to sacrifice one of there good young players which I doubt they will do.

zackass.png

#902 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Luongo has been a huge part of our team and the success we've had.

The only way this deal will be considered a win is if we get a player that becomes a big part of this team going forward IMO.

No short term solutions or desperation deals. This deal should have a huge impact on the future of the team. (In a good way hopefully)

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#903 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I think your the one that has been taking those trips down south, can we just end this though, you are hell-bent against accepting anything beyond face value coupled with the stigma of him being apart of the Leafs, so there is really no point in arguing.

Why bother debating with someone who caps lock's, exclamation points every other post and constantly ends sentences with "boyee" or "lol"?

Edited by Millerdraft, 09 January 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#904 Black Mountain

Black Mountain

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Maybe that is one of many reasons the axe came down on Burke today. More and more teams are showing a real interest in Luongo and the price that Burke was willing to pay was not going to get it done anymore. I also think with this shortened season there are teams (owners) very desperate to make the playoffs so they can try and recover some of the revenues lost during the lockout. Teams like Florida Toronto Edmonton ect..

Did the lockout boost Luongos trade value?
Posted Image

#905 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Luongo rumors: "That made me chuckle. Safe to say they aren't true. They have no basis or merit."

GM's lie all the time so take it for what its worth. And let's stop dreaming.. we aren't getting Couturier guys.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#906 Tyler83

Tyler83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

What does the Flyers Center Depth look like? Would Couturier be realistic?

#907 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

If you get Phaneuf, you MAKE him fit. Ridiculous.

so send one of edler. hamhuis, bieksa, or garrison packing?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#908 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Why bother debating with someone who caps lock's, exclamation points every other post and consistenly ends sentences with "boyee" or "lol"?

Yeah, I'm done, not even going to reply to his next thing unless it is something other than about Kadri and something that he shows a willingness to participate in a discussion rather than seeing who can throw there keyboard further across the room.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 09 January 2013 - 07:02 PM.

zackass.png

#909 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Luongo rumors: "That made me chuckle. Safe to say they aren't true. They have no basis or merit."

GM's lie all the time so take it for what its worth. And let's stop dreaming.. we aren't getting Couturier guys.

Posted Image

#910 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

When did I compare them?

I said they are examples of team not giving up in there development at 22, and them turning out to fulfill there potential. Just like the prediciment Kadri seems to be in.

You just read whatever you want whatever way you want, dodge everything that makes you look bad and always made a snappy reply, with no real logic besides what you see at face value, you have to break things down and consider variables and dynamics and things when you made decisions or else there is a good chance you could make a big mistake you don't see coming.

I think your the one that has been taking those trips down south, can we just end this though, you are hell-bent against accepting anything beyond face value coupled with the stigma of him being apart of the Leafs, so there is really no point in arguing.

you gave three names as players that could have been given up on

again by logic, one infers you are comparing the three to kadri - this is a FACT

if you were not comparing them, why did you use their names? hmm..therefore comparing

please don't attempt to write your lsat or go to law school, or do anything mathematically inclined, you will fail miserably.

your mind doesn't work very logically, that is clear, you can't understand even your own comparisons/inferences.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 09 January 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#911 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Exactly.

Couturier is going nowhere, I doubt Schenn is either, or Voracek, Simmonds might be had but we would have to overpay in that deal too, I don't a good trading partner.

zackass.png

#912 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

I bet if you asked Nonis right now he would say that the rumors aren't true either.

He would obviously deny it until a deal was done. Otherwise he's stuck with Bryzgalov knowing that he's gonna get dumped all season.

Either way, the flyers are a mess right now. Injuries on D and flakey goaltending. I would be surprised if they didn't do something.

Edited by DeNiro, 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

#913 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

Btw, does anyone know if Ciccone was a client of Gillis' any point in time?

For some random ex-NHL scrub, he sure comes up w/ some doozie Canuck rumours that appear to do nothing but inflate 'Nuck assets...

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#914 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Based solely because Kesler is injured - Bozak and Gardiner.

But - getting Kadri and Gardiner would be just a coup for the Canucks.

If both were possible I take Kadri and let him develop with kassian. We can get by with arnott or another small trade if need be. Kids got great talent and we don't have anyone with high end potential. Whether you believe in him or not.

Bozak gives us an immediate bandaid but is really nothing special, where as Kadri has the top end potential to be. Not the ideal high potential prospect like huberdeau or nothing, but it's better than praying for Schroeder to be the next St. Louis lol

#915 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

For the present, Bozak would fit this teams needs more than Kadri IMO.

Bozak can be a bandaid on the second line while Kesler is out, and then can drop down and be a much more suitable third liner. I don't think Kadri brings what we need for the playoffs. At least not yet.

As for the future, I think Gaunce will be a solid third liner in a few years. And for the time being, I think Schroeder is just as capable of filling in as Kadri would be. Both are softer sklled players.

And I think a 1st or 2nd round pick would have to be added, because Bozak adds less value to the trade considering he's a pending UFA.

Naw, we're getting bonafide Jason Arnott remember?

17 goals! 17 goals! 17 goals!

Posted Image

#916 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Exactly.

Couturier is going nowhere, I doubt Schenn is either, or Voracek, Simmonds might be had but we would have to overpay in that deal too, I don't a good trading partner.

I don't know if Gillis wants to add another $4m winger (although Simmonds would be great w/ the twins - a speedy, physical version of Anson Carter that drops the gloves).

#917 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,092 posts

http://youtu.be/X2WH8mHJnhM

Can always count on Noheart. GD hilarious!!!

Am I understanding correctly here? That the two time President's Trophy team trades the reason they win it in the first place for what may be the worst contract/ player in the league?

And they call Luongo's contract and anchor...

No - you're not understanding correctly.

I agree with your post, but in some cases I think a buyout might be a better idea with the new rules in place.

It's not really flushing money down the Toilet, cause you owe them that money that is remaining on the deal anyways, so you buy him out you just pay it all right away it get rid of the guy.

If he brings negative value to the organization, and doesn't bring much on the ice and has a terrible contract that you can't move and you need that space badly I think buying someone out might be the right move.

Smashian, you jump in and argue and yet you hadn't really thought about what I was saying - nor did you really listen. The Ilses owe Dipietro 36 million over 8 seasons. The cost of buying him out is $24 million (not 36 - and not 28). The cap hit also disappears. The Canucks essentially buy those picks. The question becomes what a first round pick is worth in $ - not a conventional question, but the fact is that things have changed, and there will in all likelihood be deals of this nature. Perhaps you should wait and see how the landscape has changed before you flame away.

:lol:

Seriously, is this a joke? The CBA hasn't even been ratified yet and there are already Toronto reporters camped out in Florida to watch Luongo practice. This would be the BIGGEST distraction ever!

Luongo doesn't need to be the one "causing" the uproar directly. It will simply happen. Jesus, it is already happening as we speak!

The reality is that it would probably help either way, because Luongo will just fetch us less the longer that we hold on to him.

Ha. By "distraction" do you mean hype -as in - get us that Luongo guy, we really want that Luongo guy - in other words, your months and months of going on about table scraps would seem fairly, shall we say ill-conceived.

Person A has 1 pound of Gold
Person A has 1 pound of Silver

Conclusion:
I can trade my lucky penny for one pound of Silver because Person A has 1 pound of Gold thereby making his Silver useless.

Don't you get it man. :)

Exactly.

#918 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Either way, the flyers are a mess right now. Injuries on D and flakey goaltending. I would be surprised if hey didn't do soemthing.

Bryzgalov, 2011-12: 33-16-7, .909 SVP, 2.48 GAA, 6 SO

Luongo, 2011-12: 31-14-8, .919 SVP, 2.41 GAA, 5 SO

Look familiar?

#919 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyers

he can't say anything anyways because the cba isn't even ratified, let alone if he did it would be tampering even when ratified...means nothing as you astutely pointed out.

#920 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Bryzgalov, 2011-12: 33-16-7, .909 SVP, 2.48 GAA, 6 SO

Luongo, 2011-12: 31-14-8, .919 SVP, 2.41 GAA, 5 SO

Look familiar?

I guess you missed the Flyers/Penguins series.

And I don't just mean flakey on the ice. He's pretty flakey off the ice too.

It's been rumored since last season that management/ownership aren't happy with him.

Posted Image

#921 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Smashian, you jump in and argue and yet you hadn't really thought about what I was saying - nor did you really listen. The Ilses owe Dipietro 36 million over 8 seasons. The cost of buying him out is $24 million (not 36 - and not 28). The cap hit also disappears. The Canucks essentially buy those picks. The question becomes what a first round pick is worth in $ - not a conventional question, but the fact is that things have changed, and there will in all likelihood be deals of this nature. Perhaps you should wait and see how the landscape has changed before you flame away.

I get what you are saying.

I just can't understand how it would be beneficial to them to destroy there future that they are working so hard to build towards, just to get rid of one bad contract that isn't a huge negative factor right now anyways since they aren't a contender.

Also your not taking into account the finacial situation in Long Island, as I said to someone else, Buyouts aren't as easy as they sound.

Owner's don't generally like doing it because is just paying for your mistakes as GM.

zackass.png

#922 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

If both were possible I take Kadri and let him develop with kassian. We can get by with arnott or another small trade if need be. Kids got great talent and we don't have anyone with high end potential. Whether you believe in him or not.

Bozak gives us an immediate bandaid but is really nothing special, where as Kadri has the top end potential to be. Not the ideal high potential prospect like huberdeau or nothing, but it's better than praying for Schroeder to be the next St. Louis lol

maybe they can send kadri to skating lessons at the burnaby winter club while he's in vancouver.

#923 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

maybe they can send kadri to skating lessons at the burnaby winter club while he's in vancouver.

Is that where they sent Hodgson?

Posted Image

#924 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,092 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

phaneuf won't fit anywhere in our lineup. he'd be on the 3rd pairing, like ballard with a bigger contract.

Yes. Precisely.

Here's how you make Phaneuf fit.
You give the Leafs what he is worth - a mid level prospect.
They retain half of his cap his and pay half of his salary.
He then might make sense where he belongs - at 3.25 million and on the third pairing.

Meh - forget it - still don't want the guy.

#925 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

you gave three names as players that could have been given up on

again by logic, one infers you are comparing the three to kadri - this is a FACT

if you were not comparing them, why did you use their names? hmm..therefore comparing

please don't attempt to write your lsat or go to law school, or do anything mathematically inclined, you will fail miserably.

your mind doesn't work very logically, that is clear, you can't understand even your own comparisons/inferences.

haha thats funny,

One can compare Apples to Oranges in the fact that they are both fruit but still maintain the fact they taste and feel entirely different.

Smashian Kassian stated that Sedins / zetterberg / Datsyuk were late bloomers and that Kadri could follow the same suit and be burst on to the NHL like the 3 super stars.
While Kadri has yet to make the NHL and could be a late bloomer LIKE the Sedins / Zetterberg / Datsyuk did when they were hovering in the AHL / NHL limbo, that is irrelevant in their commonalities of skill, play style and ability.

#926 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Fetch us less? Let him play five games and he'll earn his rightful starting job back. Then Gillis can come to reality and trade Schneider.

Trading him already would be the biggest mistake.

I don't care if Lu goes to Toronto for Gardiner and two first picks... and chokes in t.o. and we c Schneider win 10 back to back cups and vezinas in the future. It's simply not the right choice to give the reigns of a team expectimg to compete for a cup to a guy who hasn't played a full season as a starter.

Exactly.

#927 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,237 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yes. Precisely.

He then might make sense where he belongs - at 3.25 million and on the third pairing.

Oldnews, you let your Leaf hater blinders get in the way of some Leafs' actual value. I hope you're not serious about Phaneuf being worth a mid-level prospect.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#928 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

OK, but who is going to pay to repair the frontal lobotomy damage?

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#929 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I don't know if Gillis wants to add another $4m winger (although Simmonds would be great w/ the twins - a speedy, physical version of Anson Carter that drops the gloves).

LOL

#930 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yes. Precisely.

I like the way you think .. but then again, that IS "oldnews" .. ::D

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.