3455 replies to this topic

#991 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Does anyone here really think Luongo waives for that market? It's only market in the world that is harder on goalies than Vancouver, imo.

I disagree. I think Philly is third behind Vancouver and Montreal. While Philly is obviously a real good hockey city, the Flyers are still behind a lot of teams. Canucks are everything here therefore the attention on Luongo is that much more.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#992 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Okay so to clear that up it's apparently Brayden Schenn, not Luke Schenn.

So our backup for not getting a bottom pairing defenseman, is to ask for an elite prospect?

I guess Gillis is reverse negotiating just to mess with Holmgrem. A bold tactic. Let's see if it pays off!

LMAO

Yeah, guy throws some random crap name against a wall and when he realizes that crap doesn't even touch the value of Kadri & Gardiner (a refused offer that got a GM fired today), he quickly backtracks by saying he meant an entirely different position player and then says, "K? 'Night!".

Hilarious.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#993 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,405 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Does anyone here really think Luongo waives for that market? It's only market in the world that is harder on goalies than Vancouver, imo.

The pressure is way overblown imo. The guy is locked for life, I dont think he cares what people think or say about him.

He would be closer to his family and no expectations to win the cup, just get to the playoffs.

#994 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

and last playoffs. Lou was what.870????

Last year's playoffs were a total writeoff. We all know that one. 8th seed L.A., most likely juiced up, we'll never know, rolled over everyone ot the tune of 16-4; a seldom seen feat in the history of the game.

In other news, the Canucks have lost to the eventual Stanley Cup winners three years in a row. I wouldn't count Luongo's contribution in that particular feat.

In loss there is tremendous gain to be had. Luongo has gained temendously throughout this adventure and I stick by my belief that he will regain his number one status as a Vancouver Canucks.

#995 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Luongo
Edler

for

L. Schenn
B. Schenn
Conditional 1st rounder if Edler resigns

I would probably cry tears of joy if a no longer needed goaltender and a pending UFA could land us both Schenns.

Seeing how unlikely that is....

Its probably something more along the lines of

Luongo
Edler

for

Couturier
Grossman/Mezaros
1st

#996 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Based on two games. ;)

Hardly a basis for comparison. And most people would agree he played fairly well in both of those games. The team was crap in the first two games.

Lou in the playoffs is either amazing or terrible which equates to inconsistant from game to game, thus, the focus on Schneider.

#997 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

@drosennhl: @DNFlyers: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Luongo rumors: "That made me chuckle. Safe to say they aren't true. They have no basis or merit."

Shhhhhh
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#998 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

I would probably cry tears of joy if a no longer needed goaltender and a pending UFA could land us both Schenns.

Seeing how unlikely that is....

Its probably something more along the lines of

Luongo
Edler

for

Couturier
Grossman/Mezaros
1st

L o L

a late 1st, a top 10 prospect that will be a 2nd liner, and a 5th D man for a franchise goalie, and a franchise defensemen?

Absolute nonsense.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#999 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

I doubt they would be getting rid of the Schenn bros considering what they gave up to get them.

That would be pretty sweet though.

Perhaps they got Luke Schenn for an eventual Luongo trade...

#1000 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Last year's playoffs were a total writeoff. We all know that one. 8th seed L.A., most likely juiced up, we'll never know, rolled over everyone ot the tune of 16-4; a seldom seen feat in the history of the game.

In other news, the Canucks have lost to the eventual Stanley Cup winners three years in a row. I wouldn't count Luongo's contribution in that particular feat.

In loss there is tremendous gain to be had. Luongo has gained temendously throughout this adventure and I stick by my belief that he will regain his number one status as a Vancouver Canucks.

if you say so !

#1001 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,264 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

@drosennhl: "@DNFlyers: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Luongo rumors: "That made me chuckle. Safe to say they aren't true. They have no basis or merit.""

Shhhhhh

Holmgren also denied the Jeff Carter Rumors too.

Edited by DeNiro, 09 January 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1002 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

@strombone1: If this keeps up I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to go on meds........
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1003 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

That's 1 goal over 100 shots. I also omitted the facts that Bryz is younger and his contract is less rich.

When you face 2000 shots a a season that is statistically significant.

Those 20 goals are probably the difference in 8-10 wins.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1004 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,115 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

No one is offering the idea of a 3 way deal with TO in evolved?

To Phi:
Lou

To TO:
Bryz

To Van:
???

It would make the Grossman rumours make more sense as he would be part of a package including some things from TO too, possibly Kadri.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1005 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I think it fits. As far as I can tell, there are only three things needed to capture Lu's interest. 1) Be geographically closer to Florida, 2) Have a real chance at a Cup run, 3) and promise at least 80% of the starts (#1 goalie).

I don't see where a Van-Phi trade comes together. Maybe there could be a 3-way trade with TO. Lu to Phi, Bryz to TO, and young impact players from Phi and TO to Van. I'm not going to try to pick names.

#1006 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Luongo has better playoff numbers in the last two seasons, DESPITE those blowouts. So that says how well he played in the other games. The numbers speak for themselves.

...unless you're talking about Schroeder or Kassian, right? Funny how these rules seem to change depending on the debate.

:bigblush:

#1007 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

When you face 2000 shots a a season that is statistically significant.

Those 20 goals are probably the difference in 8-10 wins.

I agree. That's an extra goal allowed every three games. Given the frequency of one-goal wins, that's a fair number of points lost by a full-time goalie.

#1008 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Bingo! The Mike Richards ones as well. Here's a link that shows Holmgren's track record:

http://mobile.philly...s/&id=124516864

The guy that posted this on Twitter thinks its for Schenn with Grossman possibly being a minor piece possibly coming back.
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#1009 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Change your avatar

Why is it that nobody believes a GM denying rumors yet everyone believes some guy that works for TSN. And now names like grossman are poping up? Come on people how can anyone possibly know this.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1010 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Change your avatar

Why is it that nobody believes a GM denying rumors yet everyone believes some guy that works for TSN. And now names like grossman are poping up? Come on people how can anyone possibly know this.

u for reals?

Commissioner of Shapheat FHL

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#1011 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

A Bryz buyout would cost Snider $1.35m over 14 years if bought out next summer.

I think he's crazy enough to do it since signing Bryz was his ill-fated idea to begin with.

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1012 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

most GMs would deny any trade rumor regarding their own players and especially players on other teams

and wouldn't it be tampering if he said he was interested in dealing for Luongo?

#1013 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

L o L

a late 1st, a top 10 prospect that will be a 2nd liner, and a 5th D man for a franchise goalie, and a franchise defensemen?

Absolute nonsense.

You're a homer.

Theres no signs that point to Couturier not being able to be a first line center. The kid is an absolute stud in the making.
Grossman/Mezaros are a step down from Edler, but better than letting Edler walk for nothing at the end of the season.
That late first is still a first, and you never know where it will be. Last year phillys was in the early 20's.

and I will say again, that franchise goalie and franchise defenseman are a goalie we are trying to get rid of with a horrid contract and a d man who is a pending UFA.

Still dont like the deal? Add Scott Laughton. there, fixed.

#1014 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

most GMs would deny any trade rumor regarding their own players and especially players on other teams

and wouldn't it be tampering if he said he was interested in dealing for Luongo?

GMs with no hidden interest usually say nothing. GMs prohibited from speaking about their interest usually quote the rule.

#1015 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Schenn
Schenn
1st
leighton

Lu
Edler
and one other piece
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1016 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Also you would have to believe Gillis would LOVE for both Burke to get fired and Nonis NOT to get Lu in the same week.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1017 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

True, but why is it less believable than some journalist pulling a rumor out of his bum

plus you are beautiful
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1018 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I just gotta say, man is it nice to have NHL hockey back? Blue Jays news can only carry Canada for so long...

#1019 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Something else to note about Philly is the lack of depth at LW.

After Hartnell their best LW last year was JVR, a player whom was traded to Toronto.

They may have signed Fedotenko but he hasn't shown to be more than a 30pt guy. Booth/Higgins/Raymond/LW prospects may all be of great interest to Holmgren.
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1020 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I just gotta say, man is it nice to have NHL hockey back? Blue Jays news can only carry Canada for so long...

Absolutely. I literally feel happier in my everyday life, ever since the CBA news on Sunday. The Lu drama was gravy, but today's Burke news has poured glorious gasoline on the whole situation at the perfect time. I love the anxiety, and I honestly will confess that I have no clue what will happen. There's still a part of me that thinks Schneider could be shipped for a huge return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.