The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Yeah, I don't see any way possible where Aquilini gives the go ahead to buy out Dipietro either. Basically no owner is going to flush $28 mill down the toilet. It's not happening with Luongo and it sure the heck ain't happening with Dipietro. Canucks aren't going to trade for Dipietro and buy him out.

PPl on these board throw around millions as if it was monopoly money. Get back to reality CDC.

My prediction is that Gillis is going to remain patient with Luongo.

I'm just finally excited about the season starting in like 2 weeks. We finally have hockey! I'm glad.

My hope is that Schneider will be able to perform and handle the immense (and sometimes irrational) pressure from a rabid Vancouver fanbase. Where ever Luongo ends up - I wish him well. He's given the Canucks a good, solid, six years here. Don't know if his number will ever be retired here in Vancouver, considering he's only been with the club for six years. With that being said, he has broken many statistics within franchise records.

Ya I would say having 2 star goalies is much better than having Bozak.

And Schroeder (Or Higgins) is likely to be our 2nd line center the way it stands now, and it is kind of promising, I think he is better now than Cody was in camp last year so it will be exciting to see how he does, and if it doesn't work out Higgins is a better player than Bozak so he would be fine too.

I agree, if the deal is Bozak, Frattin and a 2nd. No thanks, not right now.

I do agree Lu could really help us, Toronto Sports Network is making the apparent "Lu circus" A bigger thing than it needs to be in my mind, Schneider and Lu are still great friends and if the deal doesn't make us better now or isn't worth it for the future then hold onto both, if the injury bug bites and we have both we could be very happy we kept Lu, if not and it bits without Lu, we could regret moving him so soon.

Ferraro was on the Team recently, and he said that there's absolutely no way Jordan Schroeder is ready for a 2nd line C role in the NHL. Said it'd be setting him up to fail and would be a horrible idea. I probably agree. He's just not impressing enough in the AHL. Hodgson doing better in the NHL than he did in the AHL is probably the exception, rather than the norm.

Ferraro was on the Team recently, and he said that there's absolutely no way Jordan Schroeder is ready for a 2nd line C role in the NHL. Said it'd be setting him up to fail and would be a horrible idea. I probably agree. He's just not impressing enough in the AHL. Hodgson doing better in the NHL than he did in the AHL is probably the exception, rather than the norm.

Actually, you don't. And if they get off to a good start, and if Reimer plays good, there goes a buyer for Luongo, along with a big part of any little negotiating leverage that we currently have.

Who gets the power than? Florida, Edmonton, or whoever else might have fleeting interest in Luongo.

Way too risky. Make the trade, as his value really has nowhere to go but down.

Well that's it then. Ferraro said he can't play in the NHL, I guess he better just give up now.

Ferraro doesn't follow the Canucks at all. He's looking at Schroeder's size like everyone else and writing him off. Or he's expecting him to fill Kesler's shoes, which no player we put there is going to do.

For people who have actually followed Schroeder game by game, they know he is consistently one of the teams better players. The fact that he's not ripping it up on the Wolves means nothing when you have two PPG AHL players producing well under their usual pace. Points aren't always everything. That's why we have scouts that watch these guys.

How has he not been impressing in the AHL, after a relative slow start he has been one of the best players on a terrible team both offensively and defensively and his defensive games his leaps and bounds improved, I agree with Ferraro on alot of things but unless you tell me what his logic is behind that I will disagree as he is better now than Cody was last year in camp IMO.

Oh so the Leafs are magically just going to be a better team because they added JVR and gave up Schenn?

They may have been able to pile up some wins here or there because teams didn't get up for the lowly leafs. But in a condensed season where every win is crucial, teams like Boston, Ottawa, and Buffalo are just way better, and are going to walk all over them.

:lol: So as DeNiro said he just looked at the stats sheet and saw that, which is the same you and Nuck Nit do.

As DeNiro said he is one of the best players on the team on a team that has been absolutely dreadful and will miss the playoffs, anyone who has watched the games like I doubt Ferraro has will see his defensive game is good enough to play at his level and that his offensive skillset is also there, he is ready for a shot, Ferraro has been wrong before, and I also doubt he follows the Wovles that closely, none of the Toronto Sports Network guys seem to know anything about are team other than trade Rumours, that's why they trust a pinhead like Jason Botchford to give reliable insight on the team on That's Hockey!

If stats don't mean anything, why do you keep referencing them while trumpeting your love for Nazem Kadri? Why mention them at all?

EDIT: and BTW, the team being "absolutely dreadful and will miss the playoffs" doesn't exactly speak glowingly for our prospects, does it? Why aren't all those elite players like Schroeder, Kassian, Connauton, etc., able to lead them to the playoffs? Must be the coach.

Archived